Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 5th, 2018, 01:04 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Mounted Elf Hero 12/4

Lead The CHarge - movement bonding for melee Warrior Squad figures?
Old December 5th, 2018, 05:26 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'll be honest, I love the sculpt, but I agree with others who feel she doesn't feel quite right right now. Nothing feels particularly elfin about her, to me - as others have said, she could be an orc on a mount, or a marro on a mount with equal ease.
I don't think I'd drop the Snow Movement, since that's clearly an arctic wolf - it feels fitting.
Have you thought about making her a Queen? The sculpt feels like an Elfin Queen to me. Honestly, I'd be tempted to make her an Elfin Queen with solid combat powers and the ability to act as something of a glue to hold the Elfin faction together, something they lack outside a specific wizard build. It'd be nice to have a reason outside theme to take Sonlen, the WoA, the Aubriens, Syvarris etc. together. You could probably give her a power to do that (not sure what yet - possibly something to do with grace and movement? I always felt that elfs having a standard 5 move with no special movement powers felt a bit off), Tandem Assault from Ronin as a key off your initial design and the snow movement and have something pretty good. I'd be tempted to drop her defence a bit, though, and keep her life high - another thing that's keeping her from feeling like a Feylundian Elf right now is that their defence is generally on the low side. Just a drop to 3 would do a lot.

What about something like:

Woodland Grace

When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with any other Elf you control, do not count a space for the first level. All other Elfs you control never take leaving engagement attacks.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Lots of good suggestions here. Count me in for liking the snow and ice ability.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 12th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Updated Icarian Hero 8/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Falcon #030 from the Captain America Heroclix set comes with a little Redwing that you could repaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Here is a link that includes a Dungeon Crawler unpainted Raven.
My apologies, chaps, for forgetting to get back on these - you've been immensely helpful, and I've been horribly absent minded lately. I ended up going with Ronin's suggestion. Thanks!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 12th, 2018, 08:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm always on the lookout for figures that could pass as Thralls for Nicholas Esenwein. I thought this particular one could pass as some sort of undead, and it's very evocative of some unstable creation blistering with internal energy.

The 4 defense represents some degree of intangibility. The easiest way to kill them, however, is to just run away. They'll self destruct quite often. Surgecoils make good Thralls to resurrect in the middle of a battle: They may only get one turn, but they have the ability to wound multiple figures that the other Thralls lack.

Note: X2CC will only give you one newline per power (so special attacks work just fine). To get the proper newlines here, I had to make the second and third lines their own powers (without names). Not pretty, but it works.
Old December 12th, 2018, 08:11 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Surgecoil Thrall 12/12

Interesting. The name Power Surge made me think of a totally different direction: a Thrall with a ranged attack and the power from the Havech Eradicators.

--
--
--

--
Old December 12th, 2018, 08:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Interesting. The name Power Surge made me think of a totally different direction: a Thrall with a ranged attack and the power from the Havech Eradicators.
Yeah, Plasma Surge is a very similar power name, so I see how you'd confuse the two. I don't think we'll ever see a ranged thrall. They've all been unarmed so far.
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

I got in a few games with some Surgecoil Thralls today. Turns out they were terrible in the last version.

I played around with upping the roll, but decided that they needed to not ALL be liable to die when one took a turn. It just made balancing the rolls impossible.

So I bumped the roll a bit to 16, and made it so you don't have to roll to kill the ones that didn't take a turn. I also increased their attack to 4 to offset the slight offensive nerf.
Old December 14th, 2018, 09:40 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Superfrog's Customs - Surgecoil Thrall 12/12

I do like the idea of a ranged thrall - I was on the lookout for an undead mini that looked like it could throw a bolt of darkness or something, but this guy looks good for that too.
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:30 PM

How big is the figure? Does it need to be that beefy?

I like where you're at now, but I have to wonder--what exactly is the theme of this figure as it relates to the other undead Thralls?

--
--
--

--
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
How big is the figure? Does it need to be that beefy?

I like where you're at now, but I have to wonder--what exactly is the theme of this figure as it relates to the other undead Thralls?
It's a bigger medium figure. To me, it looks beefier than the Preyblood or Deathstrike (both 3/3). Not as fat as the Bloodburst, but looks like it has more offensive prowess.

I'm not sure I've sold myself on the theme, but here's my line of thought: Surgecoil Thralls basically originated from failed resurrections by Nicholas. Eventually, he has learned to shape the energy of those failed attempts, discarding the original body in favor of this unstable constructed body.
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:47 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I love this figure and was going to get it to do something with it, but I decided to defer to you and let you run with it (then I can just buy the figure and use it and don't have to do any of the work ).

Quote:
I agree with caps, I like where you are at with it, but am curious as to your initial design thoughts on where it fits in the faction.

[old-man-back-in-my-day voice] When we first started the Thralls in the C3V we tried to make each one unique in use and theme. I agree with PK that I like a ranged Thrall. The common thread, however, throughout the Thralls is the self-destructive nature of them. Each one had a strength that acted as destructive weakness as well. Now, this is your custom, not a VC unit, so go with what you really like, but it is missing the self-destructive nature of the other Thralls so it doesn't feel quite as Thrall-ish as I think it could. Now, I am so far removed from my time in C3V that there may be a Thrall coming down the pipeline that breaks from this mold so take what I say with a grain of salt. [/old-man-back-in-my-day voice]

Ninja'd

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards