Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old September 24th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Is an army file just a text file with a specific extension?
Yes.

Make a text file and save it with the extension .hsa

Here is an example:
Quote:
My Army

classic_AgentCarr
classic_IzumiSamurai
classic_KravMagaAgents
classic_Mimring
classic_Syvarris
classic_ZettianGuards
classic_Nilfheim
classic_SgtDrakeAlexanderRotV
Unfortunately, you have to get the name exactly the same as the folder name in the "cards" directory.

There are three ways to find the folder names.

First, you can guess. They all follow the pattern similar to the example above. All words are capitalized, with no spaces.

Second, you can change the .hsd extension on an asset file to .zip and then open the zip file and navigate to the "cards" directory to see the folder names: heroscape-->cards

The third way, after you install the assets, is to navigate to the Hexcape directory on your computer. It should be in:

C:\Users\<your name>\.hexscape\asset\heroscape
Old October 6th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Fourth solution : I made a generator here... not sure if it works at 100%, but should be a pretty good start.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 8th, 2018, 04:14 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

This is awesome, great job to everyone involved. Can you play a local game of this, or does it have to be an online opponent? I could see using this when I travel and I'm already bringing a laptop anyway.
Old October 8th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
This is awesome, great job to everyone involved. Can you play a local game of this, or does it have to be an online opponent? I could see using this when I travel and I'm already bringing a laptop anyway.
You can play local. Put in SOLO game, 2 players
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:00 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
You can play local. Put in SOLO game, 2 players
Nice. Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2018, 06:01 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks pretty cool! Just spent some time on this software, was going to run a quick 250 point game against myself, but spent way too long trying to work the interface and mechanics...

So, regarding a 2 player local game, how do you "pass control" over to the other player? I create a 2 player "solo" game, but I can't figure out how to make player 1 leave the hot seat, so I can't place and/or reveal OMs on player 2's army cards.
Old October 13th, 2018, 09:50 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I’m guessing nobody knows how... but, no worries. I installed the “server” software on my desktop, and installed the hexscape client on another device in my home, and was able to connect the two and play that way (did not play full game, I simply threw Grimnak on the board and moved/watched it from both devices). This is how I will be using this software going forward.

On another note that I’m interested in, has anyone tried using the server software with a client connecting from outside of the home LAN (talking WAN sort of thing, say I want my buddy from down the street to play online with hexscape?) I’d imagine this would require port forwarding at my router, and my buddy inputting my IP address at his end.

It’ll probably be a while before I can test that, just want to know if anyone has tried? If it works as easy as I imagine it will, I’m kind of shocked the scape community doesn’t turn to this for their online play, it looks so nice, and works relatively well.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; October 13th, 2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old October 14th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I've not tester personnaly, but that's what Lyrgard made before, it has the server at his home and every one could connect to it and play an online game.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 14th, 2018, 06:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Perhaps it does not include all the VC figures (and C3G figures, for those tourneys) that the online community uses? I know they also have timers, stats, etc.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 15th, 2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I've not tester personnaly, but that's what Lyrgard made before, it has the server at his home and every one could connect to it and play an online game.
Cool, thank you for letting me know! It appeared like this was intended. I'm excited, will have to try it sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Perhaps it does not include all the VC figures (and C3G figures, for those tourneys) that the online community uses? I know they also have timers, stats, etc.
That's true, Hexscape is missing a lot of the little things, but it's so worth being able to play with a 3D view of figures/map. The google docs bother me so badly...

The customs are missing, which is sad, but I've not nearly enough time spent with classic scape to allow that to bother me at this point.
Old October 15th, 2018, 08:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think the other obstacle is it just takes some investment to get it working. Google Docs is just plug and play. No setup required.
Old October 16th, 2018, 12:07 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think the other obstacle is it just takes some investment to get it working. Google Docs is just plug and play. No setup required.
Yeah, I thought of that, too. Having to install software is inconvenient.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software