Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 26th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Grim Reaper

The Book of Grim Reaper

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 29
NOT WITH THE IN CROWD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #044 / Grim Reaper.

Character Bio - Eric Williams, the brother of Simon Williams, who later became known as the Wonder Man, was born in Paterson, New Jersey. Eric was always the black sheep of his family. His mother would tell him that he was "born bad" whilst heaping affection on Simon. One day, Eric was playing with chemicals in the garage and caused a fire that burned down their house. Simon felt guilty for having not stopped Eric, and resolved to be responsible for Eric from then on. Eventually, Eric joined the Maggia and moved to Las Vegas; meanwhile, Simon took over the family business, Williams Innovations. Partly due to competition with Stark Industries, Williams Innovations began to fail. Desperate, Simon turned to Eric and his mob ties for help. Simon embezzled money from the company to invest with Eric, but Simon was caught and jailed. Simon was freed from jail by Baron Zemo, induced by an offer of revenge on Tony Stark by defeating Iron Man and the Avengers. Simon was transformed into the Wonder Man in order to infiltrate the Avengers, but Zemo's empowering process also poisoned Simon, ensuring his loyalty in exchange for the antidote. Simon's better nature won out, however, and he died saving the Avengers from Zemo's trap. Learning of Simon's death, Eric was inflamed with guilt and anger. He contacted the Tinkerer who provided him with his scythe weapon. Taking the name the Grim Reaper, he defeated the Avengers, but was beaten by the surprise appearance of the Black Panther. Later, the Grim Reaper confronted the Avengers with his Lethal Legion. The Legion was defeated when the Grim Reaper found himself unable to strike down the Vision, having discovered that he possessed Simon's brainwave patterns.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • Grim Reaper's Fear the Reaper special power is not triggered by wounding enemy Androids, Constructs, or Undead.
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Grim Reaper interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As an Undead, Grim Reaper interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Mastermind, Grim Reaper interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Manipulative figure, when Grim Reaper attacks Jewel, she rolls one fewer defense die, due to her Psychological Vulnerability special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 12th, 2021 at 12:12 AM.
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Grim Reaper (Breathing)

NAME = GRIM REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC WILLIAMS

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 260

LETHAL RECRUITMENT
At the start of the game, you may choose up to four Unique Heroes you control that are Savage or have the Ionic Imbalance special power. For the entire game, the chosen figures have the class of Criminal instead of what is listed on their card.

LETHAL LEGION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn with Grim Reaper, you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Criminal Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Grim Reaper, and you may not take additional turns with other figures you control. Figures taking a turn with Lethal Legion add 1 to their Attack number for that turn.

FEAR THE REAPER
Adjacent figures without the Fearless personality subtract 1 from their Defense number when defending against a normal attack from Grim Reaper. When Grim Reaper inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent figure with a normal attack that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. Once per round, instead of removing a Wound Marker, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker from that figure's Army Card.

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; March 14th, 2021 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Lord Pyre and Yoda Joker suggestions
Forum Moderator

Comic Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Background
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; January 31st, 2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old January 26th, 2021, 04:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Unfortunately Lethal Legion as-is won't work. We can't specifically turn figures into Terrorists, as that might be broken with an in-sanctum design. I would just go an Avengers route and use markers or something.

I don't know this guy very well aside from the fact that he exists, so thematic questions and concerns I can't help with.

Reaper and Stunner are fairly redundant. He gets a normal attack boost with his Reaper, so he wants to attack. Stunner is something he wants to use instead of attacking. It's not bad per se, but they do conflict.

Cost wise he's probably closer to 200, if even that. I might start him at about 180. Comparing to the Hood, Hood gets double attack, and range. He can only bond when dealing wounds, but he has the bonus of making himself invisible if needed as well. He's 180. Grim Reaper here is just a sidekick with 4 attack and 4 defense. He's not all that scary.
Old January 26th, 2021, 04:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You'll have to message me on who On Deck you think he'd be broken with and why.
Old January 26th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think we can work around that OD design without changing much here. (I believe LP is talking about design #1003.)
Old January 26th, 2021, 04:57 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think we can work around that OD design without changing much here. (I believe LP is talking about design #1003.)
Yep, we'd have to check all of these classes to see. Crossbones is great with him just being a double attacker, something like Wolverine could get real sick real quickly.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Make Grim Reaper's thing happen after that unit's thing and it doesn't really seem like a problem. They'll play well together, but not any better than any other Terrorist piece would play with #1003.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:04 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Make Grim Reaper's thing happen after that unit's thing and it doesn't really seem like a problem. They'll play well together, but not any better than any other Terrorist piece would play with #1003.
Yeah I just want to make sure a terrorist class change wouldn't be too crazy is all. We can definitely change the power to not have a class change otherwise. I just want to triple check.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Unfortunately Lethal Legion as-is won't work. We can't specifically turn figures into Terrorists, as that might be broken with an in-sanctum design. I would just go an Avengers route and use markers or something.

I don't know this guy very well aside from the fact that he exists, so thematic questions and concerns I can't help with.

Reaper and Stunner are fairly redundant. He gets a normal attack boost with his Reaper, so he wants to attack. Stunner is something he wants to use instead of attacking. It's not bad per se, but they do conflict.

Cost wise he's probably closer to 200, if even that. I might start him at about 180. Comparing to the Hood, Hood gets double attack, and range. He can only bond when dealing wounds, but he has the bonus of making himself invisible if needed as well. He's 180. Grim Reaper here is just a sidekick with 4 attack and 4 defense. He's not all that scary.
I see what you mean by Stunner and Reaper conflicting with each other, I could see giving him a short range and rewording Fear the Reaper to work with that. That way he would want to get close enough to use the Stunner, but not have to. The point eval is more so for his ability to heal and bond without dealing damage, like you pointed out probably way off.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Anywhere in the 180-220 range I think would be pretty good for him in terms of army building, I was worried he'd be seen as much higher with the full bonding, 6 life, and healing. I'm personally super excited about the 1st and 3rd powers here. 2nd Power just gives him an auto-wound option when facing those who are hard to wound or can be used to try and overwhelm the opponent by taking away their OM's while bonding with his own. As such I don't see them as competing but rather some flexibility in attacking different units/army builds. 1st power then makes him an OM hub for, and recruiter of, Terrorist. Which puts him in the leadership role rather than sidekick. 3rd power helps keep him alive if he's attacking, so he would be a front line leader. He's only a mid tier leader though and as such he teams up well with other leaders in this corner of C3G. Lots of exciting army building opportunities here.

OG Legion: Grim Reaper, Swordsman (Fighter), Man-Ape (Fighter?), Atlas (Imbalance), Living Laser (Criminal)
Brothers Breaking Bad: Grim Reaper, Wonder Man (Imbalance), +3 Criminals/Mercs
Morally Grey Brothers: Grim Reaper, Wonder Man, Wolverine (Fighter), Moon Knight (Fighter), Swordsman
West Coast Redemption: Grim Reaper, Wonder Man, Tigra (Fighter), Thing II (Fighter)
Viper joins the Legion: Grim Reaper, Viper (Terrorist), Batroc (Merc), Pile Driver (Criminal), Bulldozer (Criminal)
Grim goes to Madripoor: Grim Reaper, Viper, Silver Samurai (Merc), Wolverine, Crossbones (Terrorist)
Hydra Adjacent: Grim, Viper, Crossbones, Gorgon, Absorbing Man (Criminal), Baron Von Strucker,
Hydra & the Hand: Grim, Viper, Elektra (Assassin), Hand Ninja x2, Gorgon, + Criminal/Merc/Terrorist
Full Hydra: Grim, BVS, Hydra Agents x3, Gorgon, Crossbones, + Criminal/Merc/Terrorist
Skull and the Legion: Grim, Red Skull II, Crossbones, Living Laser, Swordsman
Legion Masters Team-Up: Grim, Crossbones, Baron Zemo, Whirlwind (Criminal) + 3 Criminal/Merc/Terrorist

I haven't spent this much time thinking about fun armies I could build in a long time.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I still feel that calling out 3 classes and a special power is too much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library