Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old April 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Pwalley has disabled reputation
Game Hosting

I wish I found this earlier, I live in the Wonder Lake area and I'm in the planning stages with the local library of having a monthly game day. It looks like there a few people in t immediate area that could be interested. I used to run various demos out of Tomorrow is Yesterday in Loves Park so I can tell the Rockford are people it would take about 45 minutes from there.

I also have bee running Heroscape events at Rockcon (http://www.rock-con.com/Rockcon2007/index.html) for the past three years. If enough people show interest, I will try to move from strictly demo events to daily, possibly theme based, tournaments with side demos running concurrently.
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Game Hosting

Hello Pwalley! You and I need to meet sometime. At the moment I'm booked on weekends though, now that soccer season as started for both of my boys and varsity high school softball for my daughter.

Keep us updated on the arrangement with your local library. We definitely need to hype Rock-con this year. (I've never been...)
Old April 30th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Chicagoland Scapers Index (Another GP Closing)

This seems like a good thread to let some of you know that another Gamers Paradise store closed -- the one at Stratford Square mall in Bloomingdale. First Aurora, then St. Charles and now this one, which especially hurts since it was in my backyard.

Not looking good for GP which is too bad for the "want it now" HS crowd since they put the new stuff out immediately, unlike the big retailers in the area. Guess I'm 100% HouseMouse now.
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM

land.scape is surprisingly tart

About time I added my name to this list.

Land.scape, 41, son, 10. In Naperville. My son has really gotten hooked on the game in the last six months and keeps angling for more!

------------------------

"Hon, when you go by Target next, can you pick up two more of those Sterlite breadbox sized containers? The HS figures don't fit in the current ones anymore."

"Two??? But I just got you another one last week!"

"Uh, yeah. We need more. Apparently when we're not playing HS, the 4th Mass and the Warriors of Ashra have been hooking up. Now I gotta see if I can make some daycare center customs, quick.
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Spin Master

Updated. Welcome to the list land.scape.
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

I'm from Champaign, Il. need some people in this area to play

Anyone out there??

vincent miner
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:11 PM

phantum is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi everyone. Northside here. Born in '75.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Spin Master

Re: Chicagoland Scapers Index

Hello phantum and welcome to Heroscapers.com as well as the Chicagoland Scapers list.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; December 2nd, 2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Hey Gary, the Gamers Paradise store in Orland Park closed last summer and the one in Chicago ridge went this past winter.
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:03 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Oh yeah every one forgot about me! First scaper from the ghetto,Im about 15 mins from legoboy,Im In South Chicago slag Valley.I gotta start showing here again I miss heroscapers.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Hey Gary, the Gamers Paradise store in Orland Park closed last summer and the one in Chicago ridge went this past winter.
That's a shame. Only 7 stores left. At Stratford Square, an employee at Gamestop told me GP pulled out because the mall raised the rents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by django View Post
Oh yeah every one forgot about me! .... I gotta start showing here again I miss heroscapers.
I did notice a couple of days ago that you were posting in the forums again. Welcome back. I've added you to the list.

Edit: Well rats. All of the "profile" links that use URLs based on our user numbers are incorrect. Looks like we were all renumbered in the database. Must have happened with the switch over to vBulletin. *sigh*

For now, I'm removing the links.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; December 2nd, 2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Hello!

I have started playing HS about every 2 weeks now, and I'm just popping in to see how everyone in the area is doing.

The only bummer is that we are all so far apart, except Gary and me, but I think we should get together at some point in the near future an play some HS.

If anyone has ideas on places, times, or dates, hit me up and we'll get this ball rolling!

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers