Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old June 12th, 2023, 01:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon III Events

EVENTS

SIGN-UPS WILL TAKE PLACE VIA HEROSCAPE.ORG

Hydra and World Championship sign-ups will be handled at ScapeCon (no need to preregister).

Championship Formats

Wednesday:
3-Headed Hydra Delta
EACH PLAYER: 480 Points (Delta), 18 Figures
No figures may be used in more than one army.
4 Rounds, 70-Minute Rounds
Players compete in teams of three. Each round, your team will be paired against another team. The two teams will play three 1v1 games simultaneously; the team that wins 2 out of the 3 games gets the win for the round.
The Pairing Process:
The two teams will be assigned three maps to play on.
One player from each team rolls the D20; high roll chooses to be Team A or Team B. Team A chooses one player from Team B that cannot play one person from Team A. Following that one constraint, Team B then chooses all three matchups.
Finally, Team A chooses which map each matchup will be played on.

Thursday:
Delta Rule of 12
510 Points (Delta), 18 Figures
Rule of 12: You may not field more than 12 of any given figure. 5 Rounds, 60-Minute Rounds
All players who finish 4-1 or better advance to Top Cut.

Friday:
RtW
460 Points, 18 Figures
5 Rounds, 60-Minute Rounds
Rounds 2 and 4 are Reverse the Whip (switch armies with your opponent for that game).
In Top Cut: Top 32 (if necessary), Top 8, and Finals are Reverse the Whip rounds. Play your own army in Top 16 and Top 4.

Saturday:
VCheese
455 Points, 20 Figures
VC Legal
5 Rounds, 60-Minute Rounds

Sunday:
World Championship
4 Rounds, 60-Minute Rounds (75-Minute Finals)
Draft Pools

Side Events

Thursday

Thursday Morning 9AM:

VC Prebuilt Armies
Show up and play with premade VC armies!
List of armies TBA. There will be about 20 different armies to choose from. 4 Rounds, 55-Minute Rounds

Thursday Afternoon 3PM:

Age of Rebirth Restricted
480 Points, 18 Figures
Age of Annihilation units legal. Your army must include at least 1 AoA army card (see the AoA Units).
Please use reasonable proxies for AoA figures.
4 Rounds, 55-Minute Rounds
Your army may only contain 1 unit from the following list (you may include multiple copies of the same common or uncommon figure on the list):
4th Mass
10th Reg
Airborne Elite
Axegrinders
Blastatrons
Braxas
Death Chasers
Deathreavers
Fen Hydra
Grimnak
Heavy Gruts
Kaemon Awa
Knights of Weston
Krav Maga Agents
Major Q9
Major Q10
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Marro Stingers
Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak
Nilfheim
Raelin RotV
Sir Gilbert

VC Bring 2 (Strike 1 Variant)
Bring two (2) armies. EACH ARMY: 440 Points, 18 Figures.
VC Legal
Before the game, the two players roll the D20; high roll chooses to be Player A or Player B.
Player B may strike one army (removing it from the pool of available armies for that game).
Player A selects an army to play.
Player B then selects one of the remaining armies to play.

Thursday Evening 7PM:

4x4 Delta
Bring four (4) armies. EACH ARMY: 350 Points (Delta), 14 Figures No figures may be used in more than one army.

Coaching
Come learn from top HeroScape players! All skill levels are welcome- we can work on whatever you need/want help with. List of coaches TBD.

Friday

Friday Morning 9AM:

VC Monster Mash A and Under (Banned: Q9, Raelin, Rats, MWs)
600 Points, 20 Figures
Your army must contain at least 440 points of large and huge figures. VC Legal

Friday Afternoon 3PM:

Delta Rainbow Wars
520 Points (Delta), 18 Figures
Your army must contain a minimum of 55 Points (Delta) from at least 5 different Generals.

VC Quad Pod
Bring four (4) pods. EACH POD: 180-210 Points, 10 Figures
No figures may be used in more than one pod.
VC Legal
Before the game, the two players roll the D20; high roll chooses to be Player A or Player B.
Player A selects one of the 8 pods to play.
Player B then selects two of the remaining 7 pods to play.
Player A then selects one of the remaining 5 pods to play.

Friday Evening 7PM:

Assassin’s Creed Heat of the Battle Restricted (Only 1 of: Q9, Raelin, Rats, MWs)
490 Points, 20 Figures
Your army must include at least 3 unique heroes to be designated as potential “targets.” 4 Rounds, 55-Minute Rounds
Before placing figures, each player secretly and simultaneously selects one of their opponent’s eligible unique heroes to be their target. Reveal this choice to your opponent. If you kill your target, you win the game.
Placement:
Players roll the D20; high roll may choose to place first or defer.
Players alternate placing one card of their units on the board. Squad figures must be placed next to other squad figures placed that turn. You may not place figures on glyphs, on molten lava, or adjacent to enemy figures.

Saturday

Saturday Morning 9AM:

Lightweight Berserkers A and Under (Banned: Q9, Raelin, Rats, MWs)
300 Points, 12 Figures
Every player may include the Tarn Viking Warriors in their army for free (they do not count towards either your point or figure limit).

Saturday Afternoon 3PM:

Sideboards Ban List
700 Point Army Pool
Before each game, the TO will roll a D10, and each player will reveal their army pool. Each player then secretly and simultaneously builds a 370+X Point, 18-Figure army from their own army pool, where X is 10 times the D10 result.
Ban List: Your army may not contain any army card from the following list:
4th Mass
10th Reg
Airborne Elite
Axegrinders
Blastatrons
Braxas
Death Chasers
Deathreavers
Fen Hydra
Fire Elemental
Heavy Gruts
Isamu
Kaemon Awa
Knights of Weston
Krav Maga Agents
Major Q9
Major Q10
Marcu
Marro Stingers
Marro Warriors
Nilfheim
Raelin RotV
Roman Legionnaires

Marvel Mastermind Delta
430 Points (Delta), 9 Figures
Official Marvel figures allowed.
Every player may include Red Skull in their army for free (he does not count towards either your point or figure limit).

Saturday Evening 7PM:

4x4 Kill Your Swill
Bring four (4) armies. EACH ARMY: 450 Points MINIMUM, 12 Figures MINIMUM
Each round, your opponent will play one of your armies and you will play one of theirs (randomly decided by the TO). Your army must contain at least one common squad. Any common figure played must have at least 2x. All powers on any army card you draft must be able to be activated.
For example, if you include 2x Knights of Weston, you would need to include at least one bonding hero for them. If you include Concan, you need to include at least 1 Knight or Sentinel unit (and if that unit is common, you’d need to include 2 squads of it).

Sunday

Sunday Morning 9AM:

Sniped! A and Under (Banned: Q9, Raelin, Rats, MWs)
550 Points, 20 Figures
At the beginning of the game, each player simultaneously and secretly selects any one opponent’s army card. That army card is removed from the opponent’s army for the duration of the game. If that army card is common, instead remove all copies of that army card from the opponent’s army for the duration of the game.

VC Delta General Wars
440 Points (Delta), 18 Figures
All figures in your army must belong to the same General. VC Legal

Last edited by OEAO; July 30th, 2023 at 12:15 PM.
Old June 19th, 2023, 02:03 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: ScapeCon III Events

I have a question on Assassin's Creed. I've never played that format but that's the only thing going on at 7pm on a Friday night. So since Uncommon Heroes are considered Unique Heroes in every way, will that be the case in this format? So would Spiders and Wyverns x 3 be a legal submission? Then the opponent would choose either (the way I have it in my collection) blue dot Wyvern, red dot Wyvern, or plain Wyvern.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old June 20th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
I have a question on Assassin's Creed. I've never played that format but that's the only thing going on at 7pm on a Friday night. So since Uncommon Heroes are considered Unique Heroes in every way, will that be the case in this format? So would Spiders and Wyverns x 3 be a legal submission? Then the opponent would choose either (the way I have it in my collection) blue dot Wyvern, red dot Wyvern, or plain Wyvern.
That is correct- they would select one of the Wyverns to be their target.
Old June 20th, 2023, 12:58 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just y'all wait till I show up to reverse the whip with Hatamoto Taro, Laglor, Ornak, and Sir Gilbert and wipe the floor with you imposters. Simple as that.
Old June 20th, 2023, 03:34 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also, are we allowed to use the DnD equivalent models for any of the DnD characters, or do we have to use the Heroscape version?
For example the Drow Arcane Guard 47 used as a Drow Chainfighter
Old June 20th, 2023, 05:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Also, are we allowed to use the DnD equivalent models for any of the DnD characters, or do we have to use the Heroscape version?
Yes
Old June 20th, 2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Yes
Ty!
Old June 28th, 2023, 08:24 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Who thought of this Kill Your Swill event? This is going to be great.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old July 21st, 2023, 03:14 PM

Earthling knows what's in an order marker Earthling knows what's in an order marker

For Kill Your Swill "Any common figure played must have at least 2x. Does this include common heroes as well?
Old July 21st, 2023, 07:35 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The way I read it, that rule also covers common heroes.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old July 24th, 2023, 01:58 PM

Earthling knows what's in an order marker Earthling knows what's in an order marker

That makes sense!

Additionally, I was wondering if I could get some clarification on "All powers on any army card you draft must be able to be activated".

What if you can utilize the power but, not necessarily to its fullest potential? Is that still tournament legal?

Examples: Marrow drones x2, Kelda paired w/ 2 life heroes, Kato w/only 1 samurai...etc
Old July 24th, 2023, 04:08 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I asked a similar question on discord a while ago. I asked:

Quote:
For 4x4 Bad Armies, if I want to bring Emiroon, do I need minimum 1 other Elf, or 3?
OEAO answered "3".

----------

Remembering that I am not the final arbitrator of these rulings, I would extend that to needing a minimum of 3 elementals for Kurrok, needing at least 3x Marro Drones, needing at least 1 hero with at least 3 life with Kelda, and needing all 4 mentioned on Kato's card (basically making Kato unplayable in this format).

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon