Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 28th, 2012, 06:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
NorthEast Ohio (Cleveland) SLUGFEST Tournament - May 26

Time for another Cleveland / Northeast Ohio Tournament, and I am making it a

SLUGFEST!!!

I.E. melee and hero friendly high point tourney

Date & Location: Saturday, May 26, Noon - 4 pm at my folks house (see link for address) in Newbury, OH (nearby Diversions Game Store). My house can hold about 20+ if people don't mind sitting in different rooms, and it will be stress on setting up maps if I could do it at home. I will provide snacks and drinks, but feel free to bring your own food/drinks, but this will be a family/kid friendly environment.

Format: 4 round swiss style tournament. Players bring a pre-drafted 565 point 24-hex Heroscape army, C3V, SoV, & Marvel allowed. Bring the army you are going to play and a set of dice and order markers. If you don't have figures for the army you want to play, just ask on this thread and I or someone else can provide it.
NEW SLUGFEST RULE: All figures except Raelin (v1 & 2) and Deathreavers get this additional power: "Evasive 1: When a figure rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 1 defense die to the defending figure." This defensive bonus works against normal and special attacks and is on top of other powers and in-game bonuses such as height or jungle. You can still bring Raelin and Deathreavers in an army, they just don't get the defensive bonus (it would be broken if they did). This will encourage more melee armies, but ranged units are still viable, just knocked down a grade or so. Marvel is being allowed, as they are not overpowered and also more FUN in this format. I changed to make Competitive Unit Congress cards NOT allowed this tournament.

Entry fee/Prizes: No fees or prized required, but "Bring a prize and you'll take home a prize." Also, I will have stuff for trade/sale, some of it will be on the prize table.

Glyphs & Trap:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees - 8
Lefton4ya
Lefton4ya's friend
Scaper Nerd
Scaper Nerd's Dad
Fedex worker
Fedex worker's friend
Flameslayer93
Geoboy

Results & Armies:
Fedex Worker (Captain America, PK*3, Theracus, Raelin, Isamu) 4-0 2260 points, 9 SOS
Fedex's friend David (Thanos, Warriors of Ashra * , MW) 3-1 1980 points, 9 SOS
Flameslayer93 (Blade Gruts * 4, Grimnak, Ornak, Marcu, Brunak) 2-2 1910 points, 9 SOS
Scaper Nerd (Captain America, Roman Legos * 3, Marcus, NGS) 2-2 1500 points, 7 SOS
LeftOn4ya (Greenscales * 3, Nogross Hardscale, WoA * 5) 2-2 1270 points, 5 SOS
Geoboy (TSA * 3, Tagawa Samurai, Kaemon Awa, Raelin) 2-2 1205 points, 11 SOS
Phaethon (Minions * 3, Taelord, 2x Drow Chainfighers) 1-3 1285 points, 7 SOS
LeftOn's friend Lee (Zombies * 4, Zombie Hulk * 2, Cypren, Sonya, Isamu) 0-4 1230 points, 7 SOS

For those not in the area or able to come, I would still like your thoughts on this format (army suggestions would be nice).

P.S. - As some of you may know, I will be moving out of state for awhile, so this will be the last time I can play for awhile.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 5th, 2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added results.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: NorthEast Ohio (Cleveland) SLUGFEST Tournament - May 26

Any hints as to what Slugfest means? I don't pay attention to these formats.

You can put me down as a possible, I'll have to check with my ride (or someone else who happens to live in Cleveland would work just as well ). Geoboy might come, depending on what his father says.

Personally, I'm fine with CUC (I might be one of the few of course).

Either location would work for me. If we get enough players, I can try to bring a board. (Not sure what I'll bring though...or more importantly how to move it...)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; March 28th, 2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Bringing home more terrain than what I brought is also a...good thought... ;) Geo also needs RotV...
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:21 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'd like to come - haven't scaped in a while. Memorial Day weekend is probably tough for me, though, so I'd rather go into June. Not sure if I can make any of them, but it's a better shot then.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Crap, didn't even realize that was memorial day weekend. I looked at my calendar of events and it worked out because it was after spring semester before summer semester started, and DUH that is because memorial day splits them. I could push it back into june, but hopefully others will chime in.

And SLUGFEST is a usually high point tourney that has some extra rule to help melee armies, and traditionally it gives extra attack when attacking an adjacent figure or straight up reduces everyone's range to 1, but I figure I would try the opposite and give extra defense against range. Hopefully it will have the same effect of a lot more melee armies and high point heroes, but it does help to have some range in an army to counter raelin and rats or just counterbalance knowing most people will be bringing melee. At least with this version we won't see Taelord + RATS*4 that won Gencon's slugfest.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 29th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:49 AM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

What would the availability of extra troops be? I generally only have 1 of every common at this point in time. Would I be able to get more to round out a decent army?
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clembo2021 View Post
What would the availability of extra troops be? I generally only have 1 of every common at this point in time. Would I be able to get more to round out a decent army?
I'm sure various people wouldn't mind loaning out units. If its heavies you need, I've got an extra 2x. In fact, I've got 2x (at least) for all of Wave 6. That being said, the date is too far away to begin planning armies. We don't even know the exact date.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:23 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Never too early to think about armies. For instance, I've wanted to play Elf Wizards in a tourney my whole life, and this is a chance to do it, since the points are over 550. The only problem is the format is TERRIBLE for them. In fact, if GenCon's Main Event happens to be 550+, I'd work extra hard to go just to play Elf Wizards in it.

Might plan Einar Imperium too though - CUC or not.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM

IF CUC was allowed, this army would be Sweet:
Einar Imperium (110) * 3 = 330
Marcus (100) = 430
Atlaga (90) = 520
Theracus (40) = 560
3 squads of 7 Move EI plus a MarcusBomb to boost EIs double attack = carnage! Without CUC, just take out Atlaga.

I think I am nixing CUC for a couple reasons. One is that they were designed and playtested in current tournament metagame against range and melee, so might be overpowered here (as in the example above). And if CUC did good this tournament, then people will backlash against CUC and that is the opposite of what I would like to accomplish, so for now I am banning them in this tournament.

However, I think Marvel will be good in this tournament, as most of the melee armies will have higher attack/defense than the normal ranged fare, so Marvel heroes will be actually less overpowering in this format. Plus, its SLUGFEST, so c'mon!

Bottom line: CUC out, Marvel in!

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 29th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

If it is moved to the second week in June, I could possibly make it. Origins is either Memorial day weekend or the weekend after. I would like to be able to make it to both, assuming Ignatius summer school doesn't kick me in the butt. I'll check my calander and see if I'm open. If it is moved to June, it will be on a weekend, correct?

Lefton4ya, you might finally get your wish of meeting and playing me.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can do the 26th. Sounds like fun!
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Never too early to think about armies. For instance, I've wanted to play Elf Wizards in a tourney my whole life, and this is a chance to do it, since the points are over 550. The only problem is the format is TERRIBLE for them. In fact, if GenCon's Main Event happens to be 550+, I'd work extra hard to go just to play Elf Wizards in it.

Might plan Einar Imperium too though - CUC or not.
The date is too far away for me because I've gotta provide units for another person if they go.

Once I know if they are going or not, I can begin planning.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

OK, after checking my calender, the 26th actually works out best for me. It would have to be that Saturday because that Sunday I have an ox roast a my beach club.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events