Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old December 29th, 2022, 10:41 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
What Were They Thinking?

Well met!

Why don’t the Pirate Unique Squads other than the Dreadnaughts only have one life per figure?

Old December 29th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Were They Thinking?

Are you saying that you think the other pirate squads should have had 2 Life? I'm not sure I'm understanding the question.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 29th, 2022, 06:03 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Yes. In fact, I didn’t realize right away that they didn’t. I see no reason to field them as is.

Old December 29th, 2022, 06:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't think the sculpts really supported 2 Life for the other pirate squads.

Overall I was very happy with the level of fun and novelty and competitive value that the pirates brought to the game, but your experience may be different.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 29th, 2022, 06:52 PM

Well met!

That never occurred to me. The pricing seemed off. The fun element is not in question. See Treasure of Xualtiaca in my blog. It was inspired by the AoA pirate faction.

Old December 29th, 2022, 07:14 PM

Well met!

One of my armies for that game includes the Dreadnaughts, a Captain and a Pirate Hero.

Old December 30th, 2022, 07:44 PM

Well met!

To be clear, the Exiles and Knaves, at 75 and 65 points, respectively, would have to have two lives per figure for their prices to be comparable to that of the Dreadnaughts at 80. As it is, I’d feel foolish spending the points for them.

Old December 30th, 2022, 11:51 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think you're supposed to pick the Exiles or Knaves instead of the Dreadnauts. While the latter squad is certainly integral to the Dawn Raiders' backbone, 6 Lives/3 figures of bonding isn't always sufficient for the hero-heavy Pirate army. An extra, 4-man Pirate squad can be very useful for establishing board control and maintaining a formidable number of attacks per Order Marker.
Old December 31st, 2022, 08:04 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I don't think you're supposed to pick the Exiles or Knaves instead of the Dreadnauts. While the latter squad is certainly integral to the Dawn Raiders' backbone, 6 Lives/3 figures of bonding isn't always sufficient for the hero-heavy Pirate army. An extra, 4-man Pirate squad can be very useful for establishing board control and maintaining a formidable number of attacks per Order Marker.
Arghh! I’d make those scurvy squaddies walk the plank, and recruit some real damage dealers.

Old December 31st, 2022, 09:03 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Scurvy squaddies is my favorite zinger of the year.
Well done.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 31st, 2022, 11:36 AM

Well met!

Referencing the above, within AoA, there are not many alternatives. However, if AoA is compatible with Classic/C3V, there are several Unique Squads that are preferable.

Old January 2nd, 2023, 06:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Everything is compatible; I'm sure you're come up with some great new armies, as is your wont!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion