Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2022, 10:21 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Good looking stuff so far, and changes that should pump more life blood into the battles of Valhalla!!

ALL ARE ONE
Old September 23rd, 2022, 10:46 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I think its more of a shift in tone than any specific unit that can be pointed to. Classic was a comic book, the remake is a graphic novel.
Beautifully put. That captures it perfectly.
Old September 24th, 2022, 09:43 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I think its more of a shift in tone than any specific unit that can be pointed to. Classic was a comic book, the remake is a graphic novel.
Beautifully put. That captures it perfectly.
Agreed 100%.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 24th, 2022, 10:34 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

+ a children's book/fable.

I find the cleft strange between decidedly more child-friendly with the Furries that also seem to be populating so many other games and then wood-necromancers, Tech-Marro, and Evil Bugs. Like the game simultaneously decided to be more and less kid friendly at once. It will be interesting to see how that works as a standalone new product. As an expansion of a game where mostly anything goes it's not so crazy (even if I am still in the camp of "I wish it were more easily identifiable like the Old stuff was").

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 24th, 2022, 11:17 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Ideally we would have gotten wave 14 (or real wave 11) and picked up right where we left off. But I think too much time has passed for that to be marketable. They needed to have a fresh jumping in point for new players.
Old September 24th, 2022, 11:59 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

I find the cleft strange between decidedly more child-friendly with the Furries that also seem to be populating so many other games and then wood-necromancers, Tech-Marro, and Evil Bugs. Like the game simultaneously decided to be more and less kid friendly at once. It will be interesting to see how that works as a standalone new product. As an expansion of a game where mostly anything goes it's not so crazy (even if I am still in the camp of "I wish it were more easily identifiable like the Old stuff was").
The "Hellforge" name is also an odd choice to me, with the inclusion of "hell" in the name and if AH is going for family-friendly (ages 8 and up). "Fireforge" or "Deathforge" would be a better choice of a name, in my opinion. There is one family I know (who happen to have more conservative family values) who, I don't *think* they know about Heroscape but I'm certain they would all love it; however, I wouldn't be surprised if they were off-put by the inclusion of "hell" in a unit name.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 24th, 2022, 12:22 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

https://hasbropulse.com/products/mar...e-of-vengeance

The current Marvel Legends Haslab failed to meet its early bird goal last night. That reduced the value of the set because it means it will come with one less figure. As a result, the number of backers has been dropping steadily since then, it peaked around 6100. It looks like Hasbro may have been overconfident in the product based on previous Haslabs and overpriced the set.

I don't know what that means for HeroScape. Hasbro seem not to learn from their mistakes and they would only have one week to pivot or make adjustments anyway.
Old September 24th, 2022, 07:44 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

It's at 5800 now, not so much of a drop and it still has five weeks to go. Also, they added a stretch goal character as "replacement" backing incentive (at 12K backers). Our situation will be made clear next Saturday.
Old September 24th, 2022, 08:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure how comparable former Haslab campaigns, which concentrated mostly on a few toys, will be in the offering format and price for Heroscape, which seems to have such a wide variety of new elements being planned.

Of course, we don't know how many of what we've been shown so far will be in the initial offering. But we'll know soon.
Old September 24th, 2022, 10:40 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just catching up on Friday's huge update. The Exiles of the Sundered Seas (aka Pirate Krav) and the Dryan tree centaur (Entaur?) are highlights to me, while Cornelius Breech is the last unknown figure whose silhouette was shown in the initial AoA trailer, if I'm not mistaken.

Moreover, the penguin with a machine gun is just hilarious. If we call the fabric on its back a "personalizing" half-cape instead of a coattail and note both the fact that six of the eight generals have a pirate and Encarmine's comment on our feathered friend's allegiance ("Clockwork...maybe), we might be looking at a Volarak Dawn Raider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:

The "Hellforge" name is also an odd choice to me, with the inclusion of "hell" in the name and if AH is going for family-friendly (ages 8 and up). "Fireforge" or "Deathforge" would be a better choice of a name, in my opinion. There is one family I know (who happen to have more conservative family values) who, I don't *think* they know about Heroscape but I'm certain they would all love it; however, I wouldn't be surprised if they were off-put by the inclusion of "hell" in a unit name.
I absolutely agree. What's more puzzling is the fact that the Hellforge's concept art calls it "Deathforge," which conveys the same message—as you've noted—with a reduced possibility of offending anyone.
Old September 25th, 2022, 06:01 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:

I absolutely agree. What's more puzzling is the fact that the Hellforge's concept art calls it "Deathforge," which conveys the same message—as you've noted—with a reduced possibility of offending anyone.
As much as I hate to agree with Politically Correct stances because I tend to think of a game as ... a game instead of the obvious political motivations behind major societal reforms within a democratic society ... I still think a name change is in order.

This is mostly to challenge the amazing designers because I'm curious what they may come up with.

I would also suggest that it not be called the Burning Forge as that name was taken by a group of axe wielding vertically challenged rough loud musiced maniacs a little while ago.

For more on the Halloween style of figures being introduced.. @chas has started a thread on it (it I knew how to link a thread I would). It's called "Heroscape 2.0 and Halloween: On Gaming Moral Sensibilities" and is very thought provoking.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 25th, 2022 at 06:17 AM. Reason: FYI: rough loud musiced = metal heads
Old September 25th, 2022, 08:49 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
For more on the Halloween style of figures being introduced.. @chas has started a thread on it (it I knew how to link a thread I would).

Here's how to post a link:

[url=paste your link here]Here is where you write whatever you want the link to show up as[/url]

Chas' thread can be found here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion