Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 8th, 2022, 05:08 PM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: North Carolina Scapers

We are 1 month away from our event! The event is Saturday, Oct. 8th beginning at noon. It will be at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC. All the rest of the information should be on the event page on their website. https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4702 Make sure you click all the way through and "check out" so that you can be registered. It is completely free. If you need more information that you cant find on their website then feel free to PM me.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 18th, 2022, 05:07 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcustar07 View Post
We are 1 month away from our event! The event is Saturday, Oct. 8th beginning at noon. It will be at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC. All the rest of the information should be on the event page on their website. https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4702 Make sure you click all the way through and "check out" so that you can be registered. It is completely free. If you need more information that you cant find on their website then feel free to PM me.
Any idea on what point cost totals you want to have for the armies that people bring?

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old September 18th, 2022, 06:06 PM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
Quote:
Any idea on what point cost totals you want to have for the armies that people bring?
I've talked to a few people and what we plan on doing is a bring 2 format. You build and bring 2 500 point armies. Then you'll do a dice off to see who picks their army 1st. The person who wins the dice off will pick 1 of the 4 armies. The other person will pick from the remaining 3.

Since it is casual. I plan to build and bring more than 2 armies. Im up for any other format ideas as well.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 20th, 2022, 10:08 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

Is it possible to see a list of who's going? I'm still trying to make that date work on my end.

I've never heard of a bring 2 format but I'm open to whatever since it's casual. At some point I would like to play with an army that I've brought vs being relegated to playing someone else's.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old September 20th, 2022, 01:20 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I just signed up! Really looking forward to playing Scape with NC people. Thanks, @jcustar07 , for setting this up!
I will be happy to bring terrain for a map.

In terms of the format, I am down with whatever for this first get-together.
A tweak to the "Bring 2" format I like a lot is called "Cut The Cake."
In Cut The Cake, you still bring two armies to the event. After pairings, you dice off, and the winner gets to choose if they want to be Person A or Person B. Person A then selects two of the four armies for the upcoming game, then Person B picks which of those two armies they will play with, leaving Person A to play the other one. In my experience, Take Two can sometimes be: let's roll to determine who gets to play the strongest of the four armies, then the person who doesn't win the initial dice roll has little counter-play.

As I said, whatever gets decided for this is cool with me. We could run the worst format ever, and I would be there regardless because MQ23 <3 Scape.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old September 20th, 2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Is it possible to see a list of who's going? I'm still trying to make that date work on my end.

I've never heard of a bring 2 format but I'm open to whatever since it's casual. At some point I would like to play with an army that I've brought vs being relegated to playing someone else's.
We can definitely make that happen!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 20th, 2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Q23 View Post
I just signed up! Really looking forward to playing Scape with NC people. Thanks, @jcustar07 , for setting this up!
I will be happy to bring terrain for a map.

In terms of the format, I am down with whatever for this first get-together.
A tweak to the "Bring 2" format I like a lot is called "Cut The Cake."
In Cut The Cake, you still bring two armies to the event. After pairings, you dice off, and the winner gets to choose if they want to be Person A or Person B. Person A then selects two of the four armies for the upcoming game, then Person B picks which of those two armies they will play with, leaving Person A to play the other one. In my experience, Take Two can sometimes be: let's roll to determine who gets to play the strongest of the four armies, then the person who doesn't win the initial dice roll has little counter-play.

As I said, whatever gets decided for this is cool with me. We could run the worst format ever, and I would be there regardless because MQ23 <3 Scape.
We could do both of these formats! Everyone just brings 2 500 point armies and then they can choose which way they would like to play! Thanks for signing up! If you could bring a map that would be awesome!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 21st, 2022, 08:38 AM

Here is a list of all the people that are confirmed. I know there is more going, so if you don't see your name then something went wrong in signing up. The event is at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC on Oct. 8th at noon. Here is the link to where you can sign up!

https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4702

Joey Bullington
Harrison Camp
Jeremiah Custar
Daniel Wheeler
Attached Images
File Type: png Oct 8th heroscape event at Atomic.png (31.0 KB, 3 views)

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 21st, 2022, 10:29 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to attend. My wife has something that day that I don't think I can get out of. If anything changes, I'll let you all know. Hopefully, this is the first of more events to come.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old September 27th, 2022, 12:07 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Here is a list of all the people that are confirmed. I know there is more going, so if you don't see your name then something went wrong in signing up. The event is at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC on Oct. 8th at noon. Here is the link to where you can sign up!

https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4702

Joey Bullington
Harrison Camp
Jeremiah Custar
Daniel Wheeler
I just registered! I like the Cut the Cake format idea!

Sadly my son and his friends are out of town that weekend otherwise I'd be bringing 4 more.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old September 27th, 2022, 08:49 AM

Here is the updated list of the people confirmed for our Oct 8th event at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC beginning at noon. More information here: https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4702

Joey Bullington
Harrison Camp
Jeremiah Custar
Daniel Wheeler
Dave Conklin
William Oliver
Jeremy Ramont
Cordelia Ramont
Attached Images
File Type: png Oct 8th heroscape event at Atomic.png (40.1 KB, 2 views)

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 28th, 2022, 01:01 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Here is the updated list of the people confirmed for our Oct 8th event at Atomic Empire in Durham, NC beginning at noon. More information here: https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/4702

Joey Bullington
Harrison Camp
Jeremiah Custar
Daniel Wheeler
Dave Conklin
William Oliver
Jeremy Ramont
Cordelia Ramont
I posted on the Heroscape FB group to get more hype!

@Oliver Upshaw I'm pretty sure we played together back in the day... Sci Fi Genre (now Atomic Empire) or All Fun&Games in Cary/Apex maybe?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers