Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old September 20th, 2022, 10:02 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Re-introduction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Welcome back everyone. I've been enjoying the daily reveals. With such an upgrade to the mini-quality, I hope the terrain quality is improved too.

I recently took my scape out of the closet after 10 years of collecting dust and it was very brittle. I built a map, which felt like old times, but when I was taking it apart, some pieces broke. If I'm going to invest in the new game, they're going to need to address that otherwise I may pass.
Were any of the tiles you broke Swamp, or Asphalt, or Dungeon? I think this issue was addressed years ago after a couple of the early sets.
it was grass and sand that broke, although on the discord I was given the heads up that my lava tiles may shatter in my hand if I even pick them up lol.

In all seriousness, I kept my game in good condition, well organized in a closet. It shouldn't have been subject to the elements. I hope that the new game has upgraded terrain quality.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old September 23rd, 2022, 02:24 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome back everyone. I've been enjoying the daily reveals. With such an upgrade to the mini-quality, I hope the terrain quality is improved too.

I recently took my scape out of the closet after 10 years of collecting dust and it was very brittle. I built a map, which felt like old times, but when I was taking it apart, some pieces broke. If I'm going to invest in the new game, they're going to need to address that otherwise I may pass.
Were any of the tiles you broke Swamp, or Asphalt, or Dungeon? I think this issue was addressed years ago after a couple of the early sets.
it was grass and sand that broke, although on the discord I was given the heads up that my lava tiles may shatter in my hand if I even pick them up lol.

In all seriousness, I kept my game in good condition, well organized in a closet. It shouldn't have been subject to the elements. I hope that the new game has upgraded terrain quality.
Mine is doing ok, even though some of it was left in a non insulated garage for a few years. Yeeeaahh, those ones are wrecked.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old September 24th, 2022, 06:40 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Hey yall I been gone a long time an moved into other hobbies but still love the game and my son is just about that age were I can get my classic scape back out without fear of him chewing them XD

I decided to get my old .gif image thread updated with a new host so yall can post animations around the forum once more.

If you happen to have interest in robotics come check out my primary hobby these days. https://midwestrobotcombat.com/

look forward to seeing what Heroscape season 2 has in store for us.

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old September 29th, 2022, 06:49 AM

Wildeyed_buckcat is surprisingly tart

Greetings all, received my first box of 'Scape for Christmas from my parents pretty early on. Played on and off with my brother in Kansas before following my eventual wife to Ohio. In my time here I mostly lurked on the forums and did play in a couple of local-ish tournaments. After we got married a part of me always looked forward to sharing my 'Scape with my children. Fast forward a few years and we had two and were running out of room for my collection to be (and they were still too young to appreciate it, in my mind at least). It was eventually decided that it needed to move to a friend of ours dry basement and there it has stayed for two more new arrivals. Fast forward to current day and we are attempting to buy a bigger house and I am having day dreams of having my collection out and being able to play with at least my boys, but my girls might be interested too, I don't know. Just gotta' get this wrapped up so we can move and I can play again.

I must say that all the reveals have really re-ignited my eagerness to play and I am going to probably back at one of the higher levels (I'm assuming there will be more than HeroQuest's two) as soon as I can. The kids have looked over my shoulder at a couple of the concept images and said "Oh dad, that looks pretty cool, what is it?" or something similar and I just give them a knowing smile.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 09:46 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good times.

I started my addiction in 2005 and was a member of all the now defunct web sites. I baled out on new purchases when the D&D stuff hit. In the past decade I've probably only played HS three times. A year or so ago I sold a fair chunk of my stuff for obscene prices, but I still have two or more of almost all figures up to D&D (except Aquilla' Alliance because, well, cha ching)

I've returned almost exclusively to my war gaming/ historical consim roots. I popped back in here to see if there were any actual cards available for the relaunch. When news of the relaunch hit I was happy for those interested but figured it would be a hard pass for me. But then my interest was piqued.

Having seen the offering I seriously doubt I'll back it. The main reason is I don't think it would get played. But even if I were still playing often, I find most of the minis unappealing. I do like the new walls, though. If they ever are sold individually I'd probably grab a set since I've sold off all my castle sets (again, cha chaing)

Anyway, it has been fun reading through this thread. I haven't finished it all yet, but figured I'd post my own reintroduction.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:41 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Humorous tangent. We got a cat recently and named him Brave Sir Robin.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Good times.

I started my addiction in 2005 and was a member of all the now defunct web sites. I baled out on new purchases when the D&D stuff hit. In the past decade I've probably only played HS three times. A year or so ago I sold a fair chunk of my stuff for obscene prices, but I still have two or more of almost all figures up to D&D (except Aquilla' Alliance because, well, cha ching)

I've returned almost exclusively to my war gaming/ historical consim roots. I popped back in here to see if there were any actual cards available for the relaunch. When news of the relaunch hit I was happy for those interested but figured it would be a hard pass for me. But then my interest was piqued.

Having seen the offering I seriously doubt I'll back it. The main reason is I don't think it would get played. But even if I were still playing often, I find most of the minis unappealing. I do like the new walls, though. If they ever are sold individually I'd probably grab a set since I've sold off all my castle sets (again, cha chaing)

Anyway, it has been fun reading through this thread. I haven't finished it all yet, but figured I'd post my own reintroduction.
We have a tournament coming up on 10/15 in College Park, old man. If you're interested.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:20 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Hey all!

Was super into scape back in middle/high school, have tons of great memories playing forum games like the caves. Not sure if that's still going on but might need to take a peak over if it is!

Fingers crossed for the new set to come to life, and might have to see if any of the old crew still lives in the area and would want to get together for a game or two. It's been probably over a decade and I just found my old stuff lol.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old October 8th, 2022, 11:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

CoN?
Been inactive for awhile but I think a little more interest could spark a revival.
Welcome back.
Old October 10th, 2022, 04:10 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It was all a dreeeaaaaam. . . .

I wanted to change it just to "DS," or something like that, but Grungebob wanted me to keep it basically the same. This is all he would let me do. My brother says "DadScaper" is a cool username, so there's that.
IMO, Dad_Scaper is one of the coolest names on the site. Really a reminder of what makes heroscape so special (the family aspect). not to mention, it marks you out as an OG. Given how many father-son pairings there are in the heroscape scene it feels obvious that you would've needed to be on the site really early to mark yourself as the definitive heroscaping dad, with there being so many now
Old October 10th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Aww, thanks.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 10th, 2022, 08:38 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

New terrain is supposed to be a much higher quality. And only RotV had issues with brittleness and maybe VW - it was fixed by SotM & BftU

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online