Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
SoCal Marvel/Classic Scape Tourney!!! Discussion Thread

Hey all you Southern CA Scapers! This Leotheanimal87 back on Heroscapers after a long summer of almost no scaping Anyhow I finally got the chance to plan this tournament I wanted to do for awhile. This will be A Marvel Heroscape Secret Wars Tournament!

When: TBA but based on what everyone agrees on I aiming for the Weekend of September 9th-11th which as of right now the owner of Dicehouse and I have agreed on.

Where: Dicehouse Games 2493 E. Chapman Ave. Fullerton, CA 92831 http://www.dicehousegames.com/

Rules: (May change based on what we decide) So far This tourney will feature both Classic and Marvel Heroscape. NO CUSTOMS The armies will consist of 850points featuring ONLY one Marvel Scape Character that you will choose at RANDOM! So basically you first choose your character then immediately build an army around it. You will also be able to use a back up army if you wish to do so but it must feature the same Marvel character you picked at random. Once you decided to use your back up army you can't go back to your original Army. As far as the tourney style I was thinking of running it the same way we run National Heroscape Day. I will probably need help running the tourney so help would be greatly appreciated As of right now I say NO GLYPHS but we can vote on that. As far as maps go, I can provide 2 and I will need more so please if you can bring maps I will highly appreciate it. I was thinking we could use the BOV maps and maybe some customs if you guys want. I want at least 1 snow, lava, jungle, Dnd, and forest map. If more then 10 people show up I will need more Marvel Scape characters since I only own one set. If you guys can provide them that would be great!

Entry Fee: As of right now I will say somewhere between $5-$10 dollars. Up to you guys to decide. This will go towards PRIZES which at the moment will be store credit which will be divided up to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and so on by the store. This can be used to special order Heroscape stuff through the store if you wish to do so. If you wish to bring prizes that would be awesome. I will try to make sure you get something for bringing a prize.

So that's it guys let me know what you think. In your post please include the following: What day and time works for you, how many people do you plan to bring, glyphs or no glypshs, if you can provide maps, what you think the entry fee should be and just your overall thoughts on things. Thanks guys and happy scaping!

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SoCal Marvel/Classic Scape Tourney!!! Discussion Thread

Hey Leo! Glad to see someone taking some initiative to put together another So Cal tourney. The location sounds fun, and either $5 or $10 works for me. Is there a cost to rent the room at dicehouse? If no, then I'd suggest the $5 entry fee to encourage those with families (I think it was Sgt. Hulka who had the 2 kids?) to go ahead and enter. If our entry fee goes towards the cost to rent the room then I have no problem with the $10 entry fee either.

As far as the tournament format I'd suggest sticking to BOV maps and steer away from customs. No Glyphs would be my preference. The chance a glyph has to swing a game doesn't really belong in a tourny in my opinion. I like the idea of a mixed Marvel tourny, but not so sure I like the idea of getting your Marvel hero randomly assigned to you at the tournament. How are you suppose to decide on a primary and backup army to bring if you don't even know what Marvel hero you will get to play with until the tournament starts? What if you get Hulk and now the armies you brought won't work points wise because his 370 point cost now puts both armies way over the 850 points?
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:49 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Huh. Pretty interesting. Only a month before NHSD. And you could always get stuck with a bad hero. But it seems interesting.

[Edit] And I think you would build your army once you get to the event. Or, you would have your hero assigned in advance.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
Hey Leo! Glad to see someone taking some initiative to put together another So Cal tourney. The location sounds fun, and either $5 or $10 works for me. Is there a cost to rent the room at dicehouse? If no, then I'd suggest the $5 entry fee to encourage those with families (I think it was Sgt. Hulka who had the 2 kids?) to go ahead and enter. If our entry fee goes towards the cost to rent the room then I have no problem with the $10 entry fee either.

As far as the tournament format I'd suggest sticking to BOV maps and steer away from customs. No Glyphs would be my preference. The chance a glyph has to swing a game doesn't really belong in a tourny in my opinion. I like the idea of a mixed Marvel tourny, but not so sure I like the idea of getting your Marvel hero randomly assigned to you at the tournament. How are you suppose to decide on a primary and backup army to bring if you don't even know what Marvel hero you will get to play with until the tournament starts? What if you get Hulk and now the armies you brought won't work points wise because his 370 point cost now puts both armies way over the 850 points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Huh. Pretty interesting. Only a month before NHSD. And you could always get stuck with a bad hero. But it seems interesting.

[Edit] And I think you would build your army once you get to the event. Or, you would have your hero assigned in advance.
Charos, Hivelord: No there is no cost to rent the room, in fact we could have the tourney for free if we really wanted too. I play Dnd there every once and awhile. The Entry fee really goes towards Prizes. I like the $5 idea. As Hivelord said, yeah you build your army at the event. Unless you guys want to be randomly assigned a hero a head of time. I love the idea of just not knowing what you get and trying to figure out what to use.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I just want to let you guys know that I want to have this planned asap. The owner needs a date before other events start pilling up in the store. Also Charos: The hero you pick goes toward your 850. So for example if I get Venom I have 650 points left to build an army around him. Hope this helps clarify things. I'm hoping I get Venom btw

Old August 17th, 2011, 09:20 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I know the hero you get goes towards the 850 :P I don't know, I'm just not a huge fan of the random hero given at the tournament and then building your army from there. Just sounds like it would take out a lot of game play time to allow everyone to situate out there armies once they know what marvel unit they will get to play with. Plus I don't really like the idea of bringing our whole heroscape collection to the tournament just because we are unsure what units to bring and not to bring ahead of time.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like a great idea. I agree with Charos in that we should play on BOV map and have no customs. I think the best way is to bring pre made armies. Leads to more playtime, plus I don't think I want to bring my entire collection. Count me in

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:34 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Can't make it. I'll be flying home from New York. My school's playing a game out there.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:38 PM

Hmmm ok what do guys think about randomly assigning the Hero ahead of time and just showing up with the armies day off? I really don't like losing that random hero idea but I hear you guys about not bringing an entire collection. If you guys have any other ideas let me know.

Old August 18th, 2011, 12:43 AM

williamj35 Woo who?

I'm in and I'm sure Jonah will be in too. 5 bucks works for me. Ten is pushing it, but we'd still do it I'm sure.

In terms of the rules, I'm down for whatever. I can sympathize with the people who don't want to lug their entire collections along. Randomly assigned ahead of time is cool with me.
Old August 18th, 2011, 12:45 AM

williamj35 Woo who?

Oh yeah, and we can bring a map or two probably, depending on what maps we're using.
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

It depends if I am moved into a new apartment by then or not, so I can't commit yet one way or the other.

If we are going to be mixing marvel and adding random elements I would rather pay a lower entry fee or none at all because heroscape is random enough as it is for me; I am not a fan of gambling. I don't know why tournaments always have to have prize tables; I think it stifles people from being creative and bold with their choices. If we have to have an entry fee let's get some kind of inexpensive trophy for the table.

Are we going to have good v evil, correct me if I am wrong (not a comic geek) but they gave each hero a nemesis? That would be kind of cool to play a random villain and then play your nemesis...people that win both can then play off for the winner lol if the good guys win they can choose to shake hands and roll a die for winner (they tie for bragging rights, but someone has to win), but any other combination and it has to go to the death. Last part, well really everything I said, is simply an idea I am throwing out. I really don't feel comfortable being counted as a vote for anything unless I know I will be there =)

Okay, one more...if possible I think it would be really cool to really build based off the hero as much as possible. Basically look for any synergy, ie you could build a valiant army with SSurfer or use the soldier synergy for Captain America or just be thematic if you can.

"Remember that time spider man went back in time and had to work with some samurai...no? Shhh never you mind, it happened!"

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events