Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Oh no @Hahma . Another game system to slave over. Your efforts arent wasted. The car looks great and the magnet idea here is top notch. 3D printing guns for those tiny cars would super easy.
Thanks Trex!

The sad thing is, that I still look longingly at Blood and Plunder and now the new Fallout Wasteland Warfare minis game. I have a problem and I'm not embarrassed to admit it I just love this hobby and honestly haven't even looked to buy a regular board game for awhile. The ones I have are hard to get into the rotation with my gaming group because there are a bazillion games amongst us, and some of the guys are out buying/kickstarting just about everything, so they always show up with the new shiny stuff. Now that my daughters don't want to play games anymore, that makes it extra tough to get my board games played. So I've been selling some stuff off to clear up shelf space, as well as raise more money for minis games. I actually just sold my Gloomhaven game, with the 6 starting figures painted. My daughters and I only played like 5 scenarios and did put some stickers on the map, so the buyer knew that, but there are a ton of scenarios and to keep him busy forever. I let it go for $75.

At least with minis games, I get the joy of painting and modding them, that has become a real enjoyable thing for me. Then when I do take them places to play, people are really digging it because while they can easily buy a board game, they can't or don't want to do the minis game hobby time or money commitment. So I show up with neat toys and people want to play. So that's fun for me.

Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of 3D files available for machineguns, rocket launchers, armor plating, engines, and all kinds of stuff for Gaslands. It's amazing how popular this game has become in such a short amount of time. There are over 6,000 people on the Gaslands FB page, and the rulebook has been reprinted several times because it keeps selling out. In fact, I just saw it for the first time at Miniature Market, and it's already sold out. A lot of people are using bits from Games Workshop kits, weapons from some WWII games, cannibalizing other cars to get parts from etc. Matchbox and Hot Wheels have seen a huge increase in sales in the past 6 months I can tell you, as people keep posting their hauls of new cars to work on, and it's a lot of them

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 9th, 2018, 01:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I hear you. Modding, creating, and painting are my favorite things as well. Most of the time I dont get to play but always make more.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 9th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

In between taking the dogs to the groomer, vacuuming throughout, cleaning the wood floors, hanging a cool new panoramic painting of the heroes from Avengers Infinity War, and taking my twin daughters for an hour and a half first time with permit driving, I managed to get some hobby stuff done.

I got most of vehicle closest in the picture done last night, as far as modding. The second one in, I did a little bit of modding to it this morning, but the other 2 performance cars I didn't mod. I just got them all primed. These will be for Gaslands at some point.

This morning, I assembled and based the AT-ST from Star Wars Legion. I primed the top and mortar separate from chassis, but used sticky tack to put them together for the picture, though the mortar is still off for now.

I put some Greenstuff under its left foot, as I wanted to have it walking over some uneven ground, so the foot is angled up as it steps on a little Greenstuff bump, which is also what is holding that foot down. There are a few rocks I made out of pink foamboard. This model is pretty darn big, and nicely detailed. The neat thing when assembling it, is that you can pose it in many different ways. At least it's assembled and primed now, so I can paint it whenever, between the other projects.

Old June 9th, 2018, 09:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ooh, that At-St is going to be sweet. I like the cars as well @Hahma . I'll probably pass on that game just because it looks so similar to X wing with the movement templates, but mainly cause my x wing never makes it to the table. I've been slaving away in the shop today. Had multiple computers running my Cricut and another running my laser engraver. While I craft.

Old June 10th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Ooh, that At-St is going to be sweet. I like the cars as well @Hahma . I'll probably pass on that game just because it looks so similar to X wing with the movement templates, but mainly cause my x wing never makes it to the table. I've been slaving away in the shop today. Had multiple computers running my Cricut and another running my laser engraver. While I craft.
You are going to have a ton of neat stuff. Has to be exciting playing with the new toys

I do look forward to doing the AT-ST, but will have to be in the right mood to tackle it and figure out how much I want to put into it. As it was, it took me a while to get in the mood to even assemble, base and prime it. But now that part is done, I can paint it whenever. Still have my 3rd squad of Rebels, and my one squad of Snowtroopers primed and ready to go whenever.

Totally understand about not wanting to get into Gaslands. I don't have X-Wing anymore and see the comparisons, but the movement templates are pretty much the only similar thing other than attacking. You can only use certain templates based on what gear you are in, and then depending on what gear you are in, you may get a good or bad affect from a template. There is a push your luck element to it in some ways, and crashes, ramming, exploding etc. Also, it's generally a racing game, where you have to maneuver through different gates on the board. But yeah, I don't need another game either, but the rulebook was cheap, the cars are only like $1 each, and I did spurge on the dice, templates and tokens, but even then, it was like $38. Some people I know in the Chicago group that I have gamed with on occasion have been playing this and it has been growing like weeds across the country, so I figured that I will at least get some stuff prepared for when I do get a chance to play. It can also be played solo, where you have gun turrets throughout the track and you have to get through all of that. It also seems like an easy one to teach, in case I feel like demoing it somewhere.

It's funny how we both have gotten more into the hobby aspect lately and not as much playing. You with your new fancy machines, and me with my painting and such.

Old June 10th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Mobile Brigada for my Infinity Nomads is done except varnishing. I started him last weekend I believe, but only sporadically during the week, since I was working on some other projects. Hobby ADD boy, I know

I tried something different than my standard routine. I usually base coat, then wash and highlight. I didn't use any wash on the red, and only on the gun for the black, because instead of doing a gunmetal drybrush over the black on the gun, I highlighted it with greys, but didn't like the way it came out and toned down the grey with a wash. I gave a thinned down blue wash to the metallic part of the armor to give it a hint of blue, and I didn't highlight it because I wanted it darker and not shiny.

The red was many, many coats of reds, and it shows better in person. It was fun trying different techniques and not just doing the usual procedure. 3 more Nomads from Operation Icestorm to do, and each is going to have a unique look, though still tying in the red and black look of the Nomads.

He definitely looks better in person, as phone camera and no light box is kind of limiting quality of photos.

Last edited by Hahma; June 10th, 2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old June 10th, 2018, 12:01 PM
"like" happy

My shop is also a wreck of projects. I had been painting all my imperial assault figures, basing them, and painting a bunch of mage knight models when my printer showed up. Then I figured that all out and was printing even more stuff. Then sir heroscape sent me some images to try engraving into dice. Changed out heads to laser engrave and figured that out. I also made some cool mods to those for my cricut machine and started 2 more dice bowls. ADD indeed. I will finish the set of bowls and get back to painting. I found a great file for those jersey barriers. Would you like some more for walking dead. They look like they could be printed on faster settings. Ill have to change the head back to 3d printing. That red model looks like a halo spartan. It looks great. On the subject of atst models. I have to paint a general weiss figure in an atst then paint an atdp. Also I am going to rebase my to atst models that are on peanut bases. I have to print out some large imp assault bases for those.

Old June 15th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

I should have waited to post pictures of my Infinity Nomad Mobile Brigada above, until I had varnished it. It looks really sweet now. Oh well, no biggie.

Edit: I just took some with him varnished

I did wait until I varnished my Infinity Nomad Spektr. Spektrs are infiltrators, and this one is armed with a Combi Rifle, pistol, knife and anti-personel mines. Comes with the infiltration and multi-terrain skills and has thermo-optical camouflage.

Last edited by Hahma; June 15th, 2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old June 15th, 2018, 11:38 PM
"like" happy

Those look awesome @Hahma . The varnish makes much improvement. Even more so on models not as heavily invested in like some of mine..

Old June 16th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @TREX !

I got my replacement neoprene ocean mat from Frontline Gaming, the one that I had defects with for the original one I received. It took awhile, but it's nice to have it all settled. I'll have to make some bigger land terrain pieces to have as islands, as the little ones I had made before were more for use on land as hills and places of height and cover, and much too small for islands. But that will come eventually. I will eventually get into Ghost Archipelago to use this for, but it will also be great for The Drowned Earth, and I can have tropical settings with lots of water, or put some of my buildings for The Walking Dead on little land areas and throw some vegetation on them to make them look like they are overgrown old civilization buildings. My buddy Brian also has Sails of Glory, an X-Wing like game using great old sailing ships with lots various sizes.

I've been looking for some more terrain, stuff that could be more modern, yet generic enough to use for multiple systems, such as Star Wars Legion, The Drowned Earth and Infinity. This one place my buddy Chris has bought stuff from before mentioned a set from Warsenal that is for Infinity (which is 28mm minis), but this particular set is for the Adriadna faction, which is the more low tech faction and their buildings aren't too sci-fi specific. Warsenal is having a Father's Day sale this weekend for 15% off, so as I mostly do, I want to take advantage of getting stuff when it's on sale, because it's expensive as it is. And Chris said he'd add some stuff so we get past the $150 threshold for free shipping, so better yet!

Looking to get the Comanche Starter Set

I'll probably also get a set of scout tower add-ons that can be added to the top of the pillboxes from the starter set. Adds a little covered area on the top of the pillbox, as well as another level that can be climbed onto for cover.

My buddy Chis is getting the Sumomata Shrine and Bridge set, as his favorite Infinity faction is Yu Jing, which is primarily an Asian themed faction. He has a lot of other cool buildings like these.

and

Unfortunately this stuff doesn't come pre-painted, as it's MDF and will come in 3mm flat sheets, where you punch out the pieces from the various sheets and glue together. I can promise that mine won't look as good as pictured, as I don't have an airbrush for cool effects, but it will be good enough for me. Chris does have an airbrush and mad skills, so his will likely look really good

Old June 16th, 2018, 09:59 AM
"like" happy

Those buildings are pretty sweet. I really like the stuff with sci fi catwalks. I don't know why, I just do. I have been wanting to craft or buy some stuff like that for use with Imperial Assault off the grid. Since I have the 3d printer now I may just print some, even though they will be in little 5x5 inch sections. Im finishing up the tournament prizes I have been working on for the Utah Monthly Heroscape Tournament at the end of the month. I'm actually going to try to rock out some more paint jobs on my Imperial Assault stuff. I have 53 legitimate models left to paint and base for that game. I also have a ton of proxies that will likely get some love afterwards. This weekend has been a long time coming. Gotta balance my play time with some house projects Ive been putting off as well. Im going to watch some sorastro youtube videos while I paint. If you've never seen his stuff you should check it out. I think he may be painting legion now.

Old June 16th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You just like to strut your stuff on the catwalk, yeah, on the catwalk.

Totally agree. Something about catwalks makes for a great battle setting!

Good stuff Hahma.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures