Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2017, 02:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Just got my cultist box in the mail. Ill have to say that it is so awesome. They supply enough stuff per spue that you can make 5 complete guys on each. Thing is. They give you an extra 44 heads and a good 24 extra arms/hands. The mold for the bodies are easy to duplicate with instant mold and green stuff. Or you could just put those exta heads on other minis and have an army of guys to pick from. Great value from northstarminis. Id definitely buy from them again. Only ran me 20 bucks with shipping and I waited about 2 weeks to get em.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah Trex, those kits are nice. I have the soldiers kit and still have 5 bodies and a ton of arms, heads and weapons leftover for when I feel I need more. The cultists would certainly be cool too, as would the barbarian kit.

They are fun to put together, though you will notice that they are smaller than Heroscape figures, these are more true 28mm, rather than Heroic 28mm or 32mm. I like the versatility of options for poses, and this helps you keep your figures easier to identify on the map.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I am planning on putting on a game night this Saturday, I'm going to really try to do a 5 player frostgrave game. With the board edge rule, how would it be easiest to cut a 4 sided board into 5 zones? I guess I could put some kind of markers up along the edge to separate zones. You guys have any thoughts on this? Another question for you @Hahma . When your characters jump, it says they can do a standing jump of an inch, then the others rules of moving X amount of inches to do an X distance jump. We haven't really done jumps yet. If this allows extra movement, wouldn't people be running and jumping a lot more? Unless you are jumping over a gap of on a castle wall or something would you use the jump on regular ground to gain ground? My logic would say yes by how its layed out, but I know you study the rules quite a bit as well and wanted to see your take on it.
On a side note: I looked through all my manuals beastiaries and wrote them down. There was quite a few monsters, but I really was surprised at how many are not in there that could be done with scape figures. I also noticed that there is a premise for gaining gold for killing creatures on a couple of the creatures in the books. I noticed that werewolves heads give a bonus and there was another monster that gave a payout as well. I think I will make a side objective that I will call something like Monster Hunters, and play it inside the scenarios in the books. On top of the 16 or higher roll for monsters on treasure rolls, I'll do another roll at the end of each round for monsters as well on either a 16 or higher, or maybe even lower it to ensure that there will be more monsters. My chronomancer brother wants to make a new wizard because he doesn't like his choice of being a chronomancer, along with another friend from work starting new.

Old August 2nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@TREX

For 5 players, I would definitely play on a 4x4 play surface instead of 3x3. Even with 4 players I would do that. As far as entry points, the best bet would be to measure around the table and divide by 5, and then mark off those 5 entry areas. With that many players, you might want to restrict the number of treasures put out to be 2 per player instead of 3, as they are supposed to be 6 inches from each other, and with 3 per player, 15 treasures wouldn't be able to have that 6 inch space between them. Of course, you can do what you want and allow 3 treasures each and reduce the gap restriction to 4 inches instead.

As far as Jumping goes, it doesn't allow for any extra movement at all.

You can do a standing 1 inch jump, but that 1 inch would be part of your standard move number. So if there were a half inch gap between one building and another, then the figure can start on edge of one building and jump 1 inch to the other, and continue to move the rest of its move. So if it had a move of 6, then it would be able to move 5 more inches after the jump.

If you need to go further than 1 inch, then the figure needs to have moved in a straight line at least the number of inches that it needs to jump across, up to maximum of 4 inches across. So if the gap is 3 inches, your figure needs to have moved at least 3 inches in a strait line before the jump in order to make it across. But you still need to be able to place the figure on the other side, so you still need enough of a move value to move that distance. So in that situation, if a figure has a move of 6 and moves 3 inches in a straight line to jump a 3 inch gap, it wouldn't have enough move to be placed on the other side, but if the gap were 2 1/2 inches then you can probably fudge it to have the figure placed right on the landing edge. Considering the straight line restriction and the entire move and jump counting against your move value, it may not come up that often where you can jump large spans unless your figure has +2 Move from Fleet Feet, or a potion or a fast normal move like a Warhound or a combination thereof.

You still retain your normal move distance allowed, so if you can't make it to the other side as part of your normal move allowance in a single move action, then you can't do it. You can't combine your full move and 1/2 second move into one run and jump action, as they are separate actions.

It's not to have figures hopping and skipping across the battlefield for extra movement. It's to jump across gaps and that's it. No extra free inches, for if you only have a move of 6, that's as far as you can move, jumping or not.

Old August 2nd, 2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like that Jump mechanic!
Totally stealing that one for my system.

Actually it would not be a bad thing to consider for C3G, especially if buildings ever happen.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 01:33 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
@TREX

For 5 players, I would definitely play on a 4x4 play surface instead of 3x3. Even with 4 players I would do that. As far as entry points, the best bet would be to measure around the table and divide by 5, and then mark off those 5 entry areas. With that many players, you might want to restrict the number of treasures put out to be 2 per player instead of 3, as they are supposed to be 6 inches from each other, and with 3 per player, 15 treasures wouldn't be able to have that 6 inch space between them. Of course, you can do what you want and allow 3 treasures each and reduce the gap restriction to 4 inches instead.

As far as Jumping goes, it doesn't allow for any extra movement at all.

You can do a standing 1 inch jump, but that 1 inch would be part of your standard move number. So if there were a half inch gap between one building and another, then the figure can start on edge of one building and jump 1 inch to the other, and continue to move the rest of its move. So if it had a move of 6, then it would be able to move 5 more inches after the jump.

If you need to go further than 1 inch, then the figure needs to have moved in a straight line at least the number of inches that it needs to jump across, up to maximum of 4 inches across. So if the gap is 3 inches, your figure needs to have moved at least 3 inches in a strait line before the jump in order to make it across. But you still need to be able to place the figure on the other side, so you still need enough of a move value to move that distance. So in that situation, if a figure has a move of 6 and moves 3 inches in a straight line to jump a 3 inch gap, it wouldn't have enough move to be placed on the other side, but if the gap were 2 1/2 inches then you can probably fudge it to have the figure placed right on the landing edge. Considering the straight line restriction and the entire move and jump counting against your move value, it may not come up that often where you can jump large spans unless your figure has +2 Move from Fleet Feet, or a potion or a fast normal move like a Warhound or a combination thereof.

You still retain your normal move distance allowed, so if you can't make it to the other side as part of your normal move allowance in a single move action, then you can't do it. You can't combine your full move and 1/2 second move into one run and jump action, as they are separate actions.

It's not to have figures hopping and skipping across the battlefield for extra movement. It's to jump across gaps and that's it. No extra free inches, for if you only have a move of 6, that's as far as you can move, jumping or not.
That makes sense. None of us had done any jumping as of yet. I was thinking by the lines of if you run 3 inches you could jump up to three inches, but maybe it didn't affect your move? That's where it stumped me for a minute, and then I was thinking that that was not how it would be or people would be jumping all over the place on flat ground. Nice clarification. I think I'll measure it out and put some boundary markers for the 5 player. That should be a blood bath. I'm also going to litter the edge of the map on all sides with some higher terrain, so their can be action on every level of the map with snipers from above and people hiding in the underbelly of the map grabbing treasure as well. It should be epic. I cannot wait to do this battle. We'll be doing the silent tower scenario, along with some extra monster action I think. I'll have to get that in order. If I can't get all the monster reference cards done, then we'll just use the normal monster table and reference them from the book as normal. I think I will buy my wizard a Bow for this scenario. I did up his shoot stat one point last game.

I may put some building close enough to the other tower and houses to give the jumping a go as well. To reduce climbing.

Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:17 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please
Old August 2nd, 2017, 05:06 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please
I know. Ive been so busy lately I havent put pics up for awhile. Ive taken the pics I just havent uploaded them.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 10:30 AM
"like" happy

I've got it nailed down. This Saturday I have a 5 player Frostgrave Game in Order. I'm halfway finished with my silent tower in the shop. I think I may add in an extra monster roll at the end of each round. My new player is wanting a necromancer build and wants to use the cultists for his warband. So, I may need to jump on that and start assembling some for him. This will be an epic bloodbath I think. I'm going to try to go offensive with my wizard and have him lead a pack of archers on some high cat walks and shoot the crap out of everyone and score some extra xp for killing enemy soldiers. I'm going to equip him with a bow to allow him to get some shots off on enemy figures in the silent tower along with defending himself when he arrives in there, if things go my way. There will be height along all starting zones to allow all players to start on whatever height they might want to and that means, snipers, and all kinds of craziness.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like it'd going to be quite the chaotic royal rumble. Should be fun.

What are the levels of wizards people have? Is everyone playing to level up or is this a one-off game for some?

One thing I'd consider, is if some are several levels ahead of others, it can give them some advantages and if a new player gets jacked up because it's not balanced, and doesn't end up getting any or much treasure, it's only going to put them further behind in future games.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:44 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma , I am probably tops with my level 8 wizard.
My Summoner brother will be at least a 5-6(He hasn't calculated all his end of game stuff yet after I rocked him.) If his wizard doesn't die.
My elementalist brother is a 3.
My chronomancer brother is going to restart as a new wizard after seeing some of the play and liking other wizard play styles better.
My friend from work will also have a level 0 with a new wizard. He's going with a Necromancer.
We will be playing and leveling up. As I said before about my brothers, me having the highest level wizard does not give me an advantage. It makes me a shining beacon, one that will need to be destroyed. This is going to be crazy. I can see me playing defense more than getting to play offense, even if I try. I will mainly be trying to keep my wizard alive, and maybe get a little treasure while I'm at it. A level 8 has its advantages and would be a decent handicap on a level 0 wizard in a 1v1. In a 5 player royale, I'm just the biggest threat to be dealt with. The other thing I thought about with someone like me that has got in a few games more than others is my wizard has had more chances to be injured and that actually could balance things as well. Fortunately that hasn't happened yet. I have played 3 games so far with my warband.
Two of my brother have played 1 each, and another brother has played 2. I did really well on the 1v1 games but not very well on the 3 player.
With the scenario being the silent tower, with additional chances for monsters, We will all have to try to converge in the middle on the tower, and it will get crazy. Especially with all the height on the sides of the map I'm going to put in. There will be tons of pot shots from the catwalks for sure.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM

How many walls can you create at level 8?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures