Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old June 25th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

9 levels
Old June 25th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, so the 4 is just for movement Up and movement Down.

Old June 25th, 2018, 03:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yes. See:
Old June 25th, 2018, 06:42 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I had those cards printed out but still wasnt sure on the difference between the listed height and the listed movement and if falling was related to that movement number or not. All clear now

I had a Crav Maga on one of those that I couldnt reach with anything but Charos took it down

Old July 27th, 2018, 09:34 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

I recently bought all 3 AOTP sets because toys r us was going out of business and they were crazy cheap. Been trying to figure out how to combine the 2 games and found this thread. Great ideas in here, especially using the PW as a “hub” for taking an AOTP turn. Played a game with my son last night. Started with a 500 point HS army, and PW point total goes towards that. Allowed for a PW, HS hero, and HS squad. Then in reserve an AOTP army that could be summoned, and PW cost counted towards that also. Another hero and 2 squads in reserve each, felt like a good mix. And since HS rules are destroy everything and AOTP says kill the PW, we played that when the PW dies everything from that game is gone as well. So you still could continue with just the HS guys. I think along with other rules in this thread (PW turn, enchantments only on AOTP guys) it made a pretty seamless combo of the 2 games. So yeah, literally just joined this board to say awesome ideas, they work in practice. And also to add what I did with the army costs and PW deaths, maybe someone can take those ideas and run with them somehow
Old August 13th, 2018, 07:23 PM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

Hi!

I am new to Heroscape and AotP, though I have quite a bit experience in boardgames and miniatures games. I have just bought three Heroscape master sets and two big expansion together with the whole AotP collection - these games are simply amazing, I wish I hadn't been so late for the party However, as someone who comes "from beyond" I have noticed some interesting things in this discussion.

First of all, this Heroscape's forum and community is amazing in how it keeps these games alive. However, I have noticed that - probably because of previous experiences of HS players - there is a tendency to keep the AotP in the Heroscape format and universe, not the other way around. I don't care for MtG universe and I treat AotP as a generic fantasy universe. I also love thematic games and I must say this "clash of ages" theme doesn't really appeal to me. So the first thing that came to my mind was using Heroscape fantasy units in "Heroscape's 2nd edition", that is AotP. As far as I know, even the main game designer said that AotP is Heroscape in it's more developed form. In my opinion, spell cards give this game a really deep tactical twist, I also think that not rolling for initiative allows better planning etc. In other words, in my opinion MtG:AotP simply has a better ruleset.

Therefore, I suppose the best possible solution would be to simply include Heroscape units into AotP ruleset. Of course if somone is really attached to Heroscape that may sound like a heresy, though as I am new to both games, I can take a look from a distance and that's what I would personally choose to do, it's just my opinion. I was a bit worried about summoning huge, strong HS creatures, as this way they can avoid ranged fire, however, on the other hand, as far as I know, Eldrazi ruiner can also be summoned, so I suppose game desingers took that into account. As someone noted above, I don't think that using spells on HS units would break the game - I have noticed there are many spells that counter that - you could outright kill enemy figures or debuff with a spell what's been previously buffed. I would only limit Marvel heroes to one per side, if somone wanted to use them. For example, I think it would be a great thematic feel to use a White (good) Planeswalker with Captain America, Sgt. Drake and Airborne against the invasion from another dimension consisting of Black Planeswalker his undead AotP minions toghether with Abomination and some HS undeads I suppose most HS terms are easily translated into AotP, both games have some similar units (for example undead and elves) so it shouldn't be too hard.
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

One of the problems with removing Order Markers is that some powers key off of them.
Old August 14th, 2018, 04:09 AM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

That indeed is an issue. Personally I like order markers,I think they add some strategy into gameplay. I played a lot Heroes of Normandie (same mechanism,one fake order) and Order Markers is one of the reasons It's Such a good game. I think order markers are especially important in games with melee combat,as you have to predict opponent's movement in order to be able to attack.Therefore,perhaps we could just use order markers in AotP just as in HS? You could use spells anytime,however to move a planeswalker or it's summons you would have to put an order marker.
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

It doesn't sound like you have a problem with Heroscape game play only the "Battle of all time". The rules are so similar that other than OM's and spells there really is not much "porting" to do. TREX's rules for combining them are simple and work great. Now you can add in all the fantasy creatures you want (Dragons and elves) and igore those pesky scifi units (agents and WW2 soldiers). I think you could skill use the deathwalkers as golums/clockwork and many fantasy systems have samurai.

If you want, you could use those rules and simple have all Heroscape units treated like colorless Creatures for SUMMON and COMMAND actions. Still use the OM's but most of the time they go on the PW unless it is destroyed or you have a good reason to switch to another unit (like siege). If you really wanted you could even choose a high value Heroscape hero and call it a Planeswalker, but draft about 200 points less in your army (marvel figures would be a good option here if you like). I would advise against allowing Heroscape unit be enchanted by cards - that is likely to break your game.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender