Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old January 15th, 2010, 01:38 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation
Temple of the Dragon

TEMPLE OF OF THE DRAGON

Vydar has broken the alliance, providing Utgar with fertile Black Dragon eggs. Even now the eggs are incubating in a fortress code-named Temple of the Dragon. The remaining allied Generals send out a call for volunteers: only a small group of heroes can hope to pass through Vydar's lands undetected, penetrate the Temple of the Dragon, and destroy the eggs before they hatch...

Temple of the Dragon is a large, full interactive and three-dimensional Campaign Map inspired by and in the style of Scott's The Sunken Crypt. It is divided into five seperate encounter areas and, if the Heroes hope to succeed in their quest, they will have to defeat or evade Utgar's minions in each area. But the Heroes' adversaries aren't just enemy warriors -- the Temple of the Dragon also contains numerous traps.

The Temple of the Dragon requires one of each Master Set to build: The Return of the Valkyrie, The Swarm of the Marro, and The Battle for the Underdark. In addition, it requires one Fortress of the Archkyrie terrain expansion, and one Road to the Forgotten Forest terrain expansion.

I've provided rules for playing Temple of the Dragon with both out-of-the-box Heroscape and with Kaiyu's Heroes of 'Scape role-playing game. You can download Temple of the Dragon here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3298

Or from Google docs here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...MmJlYTZk&hl=en

Previous Works and Works in Progress:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SgtHulka; July 19th, 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Fixed Google docs link
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SgtHulka's Campaign Thread -- Tombs of Horror

I really like the different traps! The points are very far too, I will probably try this out sometime, is there going to be a tomb for the Sudema thing you mentioned?
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
I really like the different traps! The points are very far too, I will probably try this out sometime, is there going to be a tomb for the Sudema thing you mentioned?
Yes, the basic idea is that Sudema has captured Morsbane and taken him into her Inner Sanctum, hidden behind one of the four mummy tombs. I have to write up a proper story and introduction. I've created the map for the Inner Sanctum; I haven't playtested it yet.

The four tombs are actually the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th scenarios (potentially, unless they find the secret passageway straight away) of the campaign. The first is called Buried Treasure, and the heroes are seperated by a sandstorm while travelling through the Valley of the Dead in search of the Four Tombs. There is a buried Chest of Brandar hidden by Player 2 on the map, and if Player 1 finds it they can use the gold within to hire mercenaries at a local oasis...a Squad costing 60 points or less. Player 1 is still restricted to the four starting spaces in the Four Tombs, but if Player 1 loses a hero they can replace it with one of the squad members (and if that squad member dies, replace with the second squad member, and so forth).

I've also tweaked the False Tombs scenario(s). It was far too difficult for the heroes to smash down the door within the five turns required before the crushing wall killed them all. Only Kaeman Awa and Moriko could do it consistently thanks to their double-special attacks. Anyone else with less than a 7 regular attack had no chance. And Erevan Sunshadow, the best D&D hero to tackle the problem, had to spend every order marker of every round in order to assure that the door would be broken by Turn 5. In the meantime, the monsters could absolutely feast on the heroes. So I've made it so the traps only move every other round (on odd rounds), doubling the amount of time the heroes have to escape. Additionally, I've placed a strip of higher ground next to the Fortress Door. That way someone with a 6 attack (like Carr or Drake) have a 7 attack against the door, and if they receive a boost from someone at 8 attack they actually have a chance of eventually knocking it down.

Finally, I changed how the trap is controlled by Player 2. He/she still has control over which trap to activate, but you don't have to leave the Glyphs down between scenarios. This way if you have time you can just play the Next Tomb scenario immediately, but if you don't have time you don't have to leave the map out undisturbed. You can take it down and re-build it the next time you play without having to remember where all the glyphs were. Also, it takes away the Player 1 strategy of activating all three traps at once since the Crushing Wall Trap is the most dangerous and essentially negates the other two...before, if Player 1 activated all the traps, and managed to survive, during the Next Tomb scenario Player 1 would know exactly where the Secret Passageway was. Now there's always the same odds of finding the Secret Passageway, but the traps get progressively less dangerous (assuming Player 2 decides to start with the crushing wall trap, then go to the water trap, and finally the poison gas trap).
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

This seems extremely well thought out. I am eager to try it some time!

Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:40 AM

Re: SgtHulka's Campaign Thread -- Scourge of the Slavelords

Added the Scourge of the Slavelords campaign and links to the pdf files.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM

Re: Temple of the Dragon

I've added Temple of the Dragon to the first post in the thread.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:44 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shadows on stairs = genius
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM

glacierking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

i like the temple of the dragon scenario. it has a unique and inventive map.

Old December 24th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'm really glad you like it!
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM

Andyman is back has disabled reputation

Any substitutes for the one room with 3 vydar wyrmlings? could i just use my other ones?

Wants you to be in Final Fanatsy XIII-300,989,364
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Yeah, just use your other dragons that come in the wyrmling pack.
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:07 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

This looks very interesting, but I can't print it from Google. Can you please put it here in printable form?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios