Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 28th, 2020, 10:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - New Cards for Dr. Fate and Wendigo

In the words of Monty Python's Flying Circus, now for something completely different.
Matt Helm's first destructible object card.
-------------------------------------------------
MARVEL

COMPACT CAR
DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

LIFE: 5

DEFENSE: 4

STRONG DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from small or medium figures, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

MOVABLE
After an adjacent figure you control with Super Strength attacks this Compact Car, you may move the car 1 space for each Wound Marker added to this card. When moving a car, count spaces as if the car is a double spaced figure. A car never takes leaving engagement attacks and must end its movement on two same level empty spaces.

WRECKAGE DAMAGE
After moving or destroying this car, roll the 20 sided die for Wreckage Damage.
If you roll a 1-7, nothing happens
If you roll a 8-19, each figure adjacent to the car receives 1 wound
If you roll a 20, each figure adjacent to the car receives 2 wounds
All Wreckage Damage is applied before a destroyed car is removed from the battlefield. Attacking figures are never affected by Wreckage Damage.

-----------------------------------------
A3n - for the images, can I trouble you to slap in three versions, one for each color red, blue and yellow? I was hoping to keep track of the multiple destructible objects by having cards that accurately portray each one. Everything else would be exactly the same (i.e. the hit zone) since all three are identical. Hopefully I took the pics at a similar enough angle that you can just slap each image in there with pretty much the same center point.

Thanks, good buddy. Now, I'm bracing for the "What? Destructible Objects in the HelmAverse!?!?!?" comments.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 28th, 2020 at 11:02 PM.
Old May 28th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Taskmaster, Dr. Fate and Mysterio

Pretty cool. So you can shove the car into people. Fun.
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:12 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - New Cards for Dr. Fate and Wendigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That's a cool map! What is that Dragon in the second photo?
That’s Fin Fang Foom of course.
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:15 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Better pic and info on where you got it maybe?
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:19 AM
Captain Underpants

Go back in this thread and start with post #2751
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:22 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Ah sweet. I'll have to see if I can find it at my local Five Below.
Old May 29th, 2020, 03:29 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I believe destructible objects have a place in the Helmaverse. But what surprised me is the powers. The Helmaverse has always been a fairly simple straight forward efficient world that adhered pretty closely to the precedents of Official Marvel HS.

But those DOs have certainly stretched that definition. :wow:

I wish you had put these up earlier in the week. I have been off work this past week & would've had plenty of time to work on a new template. Now I will just squeeze it in where I can. I don't currently have a DO template so I will have to make one. Thankfully most elements are the same as the character template.

Now tell me about the cars. They look plastic not like Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars. Are they the same size? Where did you get them from?
Old May 29th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Captain Underpants

Ha,do you think I really stretched too far with the powers? I admit three powers on a DO is different than traditional scape but the mechanics are still very simple. I was going for simple rules that I could have available right on the card rather than in a rule book. So yeah, maybe you’re right and I have crossed a new line.

Originally we had the cars moving whenever they took damage but Batman’s batarangs being able to push a car side ways into Green Lantern seemed weird. We tried to picture it being explosive batarangs but the big picture of any ranged attack just felt wrong.

Eventually we settled on only Superstrength figures that were adjacent. The idea became that attacking the car was synonymous with grabbing it and throwing it. Now it made more sense thematically and served the real purpose which was to allow a non flying, melee tough guy a chance at a ranged attack once in a while. It doesn’t come up often but it’s available to them.

As for the cars, they came with the carrier trucks. They are all plastic, no die cast, which fits in with the scape terrain. They also seem to be perfect scale, slightly bigger than matchbox but smaller than 1:43.

I purchased them back in 2016, one at a TJ Maxx and the other at Home Goods (both stores related to each other and Marahalls). They were made by Dickie Toys and unfortunately I don’t still have the box with the UPC.

I did post some info in this old thread.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 29th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old May 31st, 2020, 06:10 PM
Captain Underpants

Ha, ha! Good ol' Daddy Helm was in a good mood last night. Our last battle on the urban intersection map was an interesting one for sure. What has 2 thumbs and beat down his competitors? This guy.

Helm Jr. Team:
Venom (Hasbro)
Martian Manhunter
Wolverine
Green Lantern

Lil'Helm Team:
Deadpool
Doctor Fate
Moon Knight
Wonder Woman

J strikes Team:
Captain America (Hasbro)
Wonder Man
She-Hulk
Green Arrow
Heingst the Form Warrior (HelmAverse Havoc)

Matt Helm Team:
Brainiac
Rasputin
Zombies x 6 squads (Hasbro)

Each team started from down a street with the intent on fighting over the middle ground. Lil'Helm and J Strikes got into it early in one corner while Brainiac tied up with Helm Jr's team in the other. All the while the zombie horde marched down the street and split toward Helm Jr. and J. Strikes.

Helm Jr. took out Brainiac early but not before he put a hurting on Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern. J. strikes knocked out Wonder Woman too easily. Now there was tension as Matt rolled for Brainiac to return to replace a zombie and for Rasputin to raise a zombie Wonder Woman.

Lucky for them I rolled that D20 horribly. Helm Jr. was smart enough to ask the others to team up and destroy the zombie horde before Brainiac could re-spawn. They didn't listen.

Brainiac did return and Rasputin raised a zombie Wonder Woman who went on a tear! She throttled Wolverine and Green Lantern while the Zombies swarmed the Martian Manhunter.

It wasn't long before I turned on the other two and Wonder Woman and Brainiac both crushed it. Wonder Woman finally dropped and was able to rest in peace while all of the zombies were eradicated but a very damaged Brainiac survived alongside a very healthy Rasputin.

It was a dark night in the Helm household for the younger generation but a great one for me.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 31st, 2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 31st, 2020, 07:34 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats. Love me some Zombies.
My all time favorite design.
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Speaking of Undead (well sort of), we have another card design from Lil'Helm

------------------------------------------------
MARVEL

MORBIUS

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CREATURE
TORMENTED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

HYPNOSIS 17
After moving and before attacking, Morbius may attempt Hypnosis. To do this, choose a figure adjacent to Morbius and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, the chosen figure is hypnotized for the remainder of this turn. Hypnotized figures cannot roll any defense dice. Morbius cannot hypnotize Destructible Objects.

BLOOD DRAIN
For each wound Morbius inflicts on a hypnotized human or mutant figure, you may remove one wound marker from this Army Card.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Morbius’ movement, ignore elevations. Morbius may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Morbius starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:50 PM

Cool take.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations