Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 8th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I don't know, I've never tried it. I don't think I'm using any 2007-specific features, but you never know. I'll save the files in 2003 format and you can give it a shot.
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I don't know, I've never tried it. I don't think I'm using any 2007-specific features, but you never know. I'll save the files in 2003 format and you can give it a shot.
OK, what harm could it do
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Turns out Excel 2007 has a nice feature that when you save a file in 2003 format, it lists everything you will lose functionality on. Based on that list, I don't think it will work on 2003. Some of the formulas I used and the number of columns in the spreadsheet are not supported by 2003. But if you get Office 2007, let me know and I will send you the tools.
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Turns out Excel 2007 has a nice feature that when you save a file in 2003 format, it lists everything you will lose functionality on. Based on that list, I don't think it will work on 2003. Some of the formulas I used and the number of columns in the spreadsheet are not supported by 2003. But if you get Office 2007, let me know and I will send you the tools.
We've got some funky Micro$oft software agreement at school so I might be able to swing office 2007. If I can, I'll let you know.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
I'd like to eventually get the Excel/Publisher system more user friendly so others can use it, but it isn't quite there yet. It's a pain to set up and maintain, though actually using it is pretty simple. I think allskulls was going to try it out but I haven't heard back how it went.
Sorry, I hadn't got back to you. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and I opened up the files to see what I can do but I haven't spent much time with it yet. It does seem like it would be pretty simple once I dive into it. A tutorial would help the process
No problem. I've fixed a lot of things since I sent you a copy, so I can send a newer one. I'll try to write up a tutorial, too.
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:10 AM

I added a link to the first post for the Marvel blank borders that have no text (move, range, attack, defense, life, points). I found that if you put this text in manually in the program you print from, they print much nicer since they will be treated as text rather than an image. It also matches the color exactly of the numbers. If you use a font other than the official one, it will also allow you to match that with the text. For those that don't want the extra hassle, the original ones with the text already in there are still available.

I'll also be updating the font settings reference later today for this text, in case you want to add it in and make it look just like the official cards.
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:05 AM

I updated the fonts settings file as well as adding no text versions of the Sci-Fi borders.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:01 PM

capamerica1980 has disabled reputation
Ohh i would love to be a beta tester...

hey there.. i have office 2007 and love heroscape and have been making the custom figures, but haven't yet tackled the cards. Would be willing to try it out....

"Surrender? This A on my forehead doesn't mean France!!"
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I was wondering how you actually created the different solid colors GreyOwl. I was trying to create a slightly lighter background border, but can't figure out how using the Gimp, that is if there even is a way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old February 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM

I use Photoshop. You select only the colored border part, then do Image->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness. Check the "Colorize" box first, then adjust the sliders to get the color you want.
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
I use Photoshop. You select only the colored border part, then do Image->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness. Check the "Colorize" box first, then adjust the sliders to get the color you want.
Thanks it works just the same with Gimp.

Old February 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM

If you make new colors, feel free to send them to me (if you want) so I can include them in the download links for everyone else. I've been intending to make a maroon one, myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations