Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 17th, 2019, 08:29 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Fin Fang Foom

Old December 17th, 2019, 08:38 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Umm, The way Thunder's IMMOVABLE STANCE power is worded, confuses the timing of the check?
Quote:
If Thunder did not move this round, she may not be moved by any special power on an opponent’s Army Card.
The "did not" makes it sound like the past tense & therefore the round has to have been completed in order to make the check if she moved. So you attempt to move her & wait until the end of the round to see if she moved & therefore you can hop in the Delorean & go back to the future & move her? Would "...has not moved..." work for you?
Old December 17th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Umm, The way Thunder's IMMOVABLE STANCE power is worded, confuses the timing of the check?
Quote:
If Thunder did not move this round, she may not be moved by any special power on an opponent’s Army Card.
The "did not" makes it sound like the past tense & therefore the round has to have been completed in order to make the check if she moved. So you attempt to move her & wait until the end of the round to see if she moved & therefore you can hop in the Delorean & go back to the future & move her? Would "...has not moved..." work for you?
Yes! We originally had the word “yet” in there but it sounded awkward. I like your suggestion of “has not” better.

Thank you great editor from down under.

And Red Tornado looks unbelievable. One of my favorites. The colors are perfect.

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 18th, 2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old December 28th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Red Tornado and Fin Fang Foom

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, etc. ... Whichever holiday you celebrate, the Helm family wishes the best to all of my long time Scape buddies wherever they may be.

@A3n , @IAmBatman , @Garada , @Sherman Davies , @Balantai , @GreyOwl , @Griffin , @tcglkn , @Confred , @spidey'tilDie , @Tornado , @NecroBlade , @davidlhsl , @hi1hi1hi1hi1 , @whitestuff , @Grishnakh , @1moreheroscaper , @Grungebob , @Hahma , @Aldin ... etc.

If I missed anyone, please forgive me, it wasn't intentional. I'm only getting older so you have to forgive my mental lapses.

Happy Everything to everyone!
Old December 28th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Happy holidays to the Helm family as well

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 28th, 2019, 05:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good cheer.
Old December 28th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Happy Holidays to you and your family as well Matt! Hope you got in many epic battles.
Old December 29th, 2019, 01:06 AM

Happy Scapemas.
Old December 29th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year, et al to you and yours as well, @Matt Helm and to all my other friends here on Scapers!

~Aldin, holidayily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 29th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Happy Helmsidays!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 29th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Captain Underpants

Time for a cosmetic update on a Helm family favorite. The debate over Matian Manhunter or J'onn J'onz has been going on forever in my household. I originally went with Jonn because the boys used to watch the old Justice League cartoon with me and that was what the other heroes referred to him as. He would say "Batman" or "Superman" but they would always say "Jonn".

Fast forward and now my kids are into researching characters for their own designs. Lil'Helm has been making his case that he is always referred to as "Martian Manhunter" in every reference book and on every website. He still agrees with "Namor" over "Sub-mariner" and "Luke Cage" over "Powerman" (for now, at least), but he makes an excellent case for changing this card to "Martian Manhunter". Besides, it does fit the old Matt Helm lunchbox style. Now that the character is on the CW Supergirl TV show, I doubt any kid would go to the store expecting to buy a J'onn Jonz lunchbox instead of one that says Martian Manhunter.

Further changes include changing his role to "Psychic" which matches Jean Grey (ha, not "Marvel Girl" or "Phoenix") and is definitely more appropriate than "Manhunter" which was just used for flavor.

Finally, changing the unique Phantom Movement power to standard Stealth Flying just makes sense. After all these years the slight difference only came up once and it wasn't even significant to matter. Changing it to Stealth Flying makes him affected by Storm and Hawkgirl just like anyone else which seems to make more sense to us. Phantom Movement was a bit unnecessary as its own power.

-------------------------------------
DC

MARTIAN MANHUNTER

MARTIAN
UNIQUE HERO
PSYCHIC
VIGILANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 7
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

TELEPATHIC COMMAND
Instead of taking a turn with Martian Manhunter, you may take a turn with any other Unique Hero you control.

SHAPESHIFT CAMOUFLAGE 8
When Martian Manhunter is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, Martian Manhunter no longer has a visible hit zone for the duration of the targeting figure’s turn.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Martian Manhunter's movement, ignore elevations. Martian Manhunter may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Martian Manhunter starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 29th, 2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old January 4th, 2020, 12:46 AM
Captain Underpants

Whoa. 150,000 views in the HelmAverse thread. Now that's pretty darn cool. I'm probably responsible for half of those views myself but I can't help but feel like we've entertained a few folks over the past 10 years.

For Christmas, the wife got me a custom t-shirt that reads "HELMAVERSE". I had to make the pic of the shirt my avatar. Happy 150K views to me and A3n (and everyone else who helped make this thread a fun read).

As far as new designs go, we've slowed down a tad but still have more to come. The holidays and work have me tied up a bit but I'm still scratching notes. This is in the plans for updates:

Wendigo - new design just needs a few playtests. I think I really like him this time.
Abe Sapien - edits
Liz Sherman - in the plans for a new design
Roger - very slight edit
Copperhead - in the plans for edits
Falcon - unknown but likely a change
Psycho Man - edits to power set

I don't usually disclose this but here is a peek at the new designs in various early stages (some are just wishful thinking) at the Helm Family Workshop:

Kick Ass
Ant Man
Atom
Dr. Fate
Destructible Object - Standard Car
Catman
Captain Atom
Major Force
... and maybe others including a secret crossover design with the C3G. If all goes well, a C3G design will be compatible with the HelmAverse and I think that's pretty darn awesome if we can really pull it off.

Thanks for keeping this thread relevant everyone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations