Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 29th, 2019, 12:08 AM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
JF's Custom Figs (Aquaman)

Hello everyone!

I'm making a little directory here on the first page for the customs I post throughout!

Bumblebee
Spoiler Alert!

Optimus Prime
Spoiler Alert!

I describe the creation of the figure more on my blog here

What do you guys think? Penny for your thoughts? I may post some other Transformers figures later. (also, let me know if I'm doing something wrong with these wacky pictures... I can never figure it out.)

-JF

Last edited by JESUSFREAK; February 17th, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old January 29th, 2019, 11:58 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Autobot Bumblebee (pics)

Cool custom figure for sure. I'd probably use a real Transformer - maybe one of the Micro ones, but that's both because I'm lazy and I want an excuse to buy a transformer after 25 years! BTW totally with you on the movie being great (see my micro-review on the "What did You Watch Last Night" thread).

On the card, I get the mechanic that if he uses "Transform and roll out" he is now in car form until he has his next turn, but it is not really clear on "Return fire" Maybe have mechanic where on "Transform and roll out" add a marker to the card (take it off if you do not use), then for return fire reference the marker versus the power itself.

Also I do not know what I think of return fire - it seems very OP when it happens (~70% of time) - no wounds and instead wounds on figure. Maybe have it to where he only takes a max of one wound per attack but then up life to 6 or more. Take it for what it is worth.

See @GreyOwl 's Transformers to compare as well, including Bumblebee.
Old January 29th, 2019, 01:49 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Cool custom figure for sure. I'd probably use a real Transformer - maybe one of the Micro ones, but that's both because I'm lazy and I want an excuse to buy a transformer after 25 years! BTW totally with you on the movie being great (see my micro-review on the "What did You Watch Last Night" thread).

On the card, I get the mechanic that if he uses "Transform and roll out" he is now in car form until he has his next turn, but it is not really clear on "Return fire" Maybe have mechanic where on "Transform and roll out" add a marker to the card (take it off if you do not use), then for return fire reference the marker versus the power itself.

Also I do not know what I think of return fire - it seems very OP when it happens (~70% of time) - no wounds and instead wounds on figure. Maybe have it to where he only takes a max of one wound per attack but then up life to 6 or more. Take it for what it is worth.

See @GreyOwl 's Transformers to compare as well, including Bumblebee.
Nice thoughts (and good to see someone else who watches 'The Whole Plate' XD)

Yeah, a marker may be a better way of indicating. I considered a VW Bug figure, but ruled it out due to cost and time.

Return Fire definitely has the potential to be op, but I tested this guy for about twenty rounds and the chances of it actually making a difference really don't justify the chances of him getting one-shotted by Agent Carr. At least, that's what normally happens when I field him XD

Thanks again for your kind thoughts!
Old January 29th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool custom and very cool figure! Here’s what I’m thinking;
-Return Fire is extremely powerful, as L4y has already said. It seems like it could be balanced, cause you’re paying 195 for a character with pretty weak stats that can be taken out pretty easily, but that does make Bee come off as a but fragile. Sure he’s one of the weaker giant robots, but he’s still a giant robot. For starters, why not limit it to only working on non-adjacent attacks? Also maybe have it only inflicting 1 wound instead of a whole bunch? Idk, that’s mostly just an opinion.
-Under 250 points is pretty high tier for human characters. In C3G, for example, that includes Captain America and Batman I. If you want to capture him teaming up with weak normal humans like he does in the movie, why not limit it to less than 150 or even lower than that?
-I think if Return Fire is weakened, you could bump his attack up a bit. 2 attack is below human gun standards in Heroscape, so I’d think Cybertronian weapons, even Bee’s weaker ones, could easily pull off 4 attack.
-It could be cool if he could have some aort of Carry mechanic to represent him being a vehicle, but that could just be too much clutter for this design.
Old January 29th, 2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Cool custom and very cool figure! Here’s what I’m thinking;
-Return Fire is extremely powerful, as L4y has already said. It seems like it could be balanced, cause you’re paying 195 for a character with pretty weak stats that can be taken out pretty easily, but that does make Bee come off as a but fragile. Sure he’s one of the weaker giant robots, but he’s still a giant robot. For starters, why not limit it to only working on non-adjacent attacks? Also maybe have it only inflicting 1 wound instead of a whole bunch? Idk, that’s mostly just an opinion.
-Under 250 points is pretty high tier for human characters. In C3G, for example, that includes Captain America and Batman I. If you want to capture him teaming up with weak normal humans like he does in the movie, why not limit it to less than 150 or even lower than that?
-I think if Return Fire is weakened, you could bump his attack up a bit. 2 attack is below human gun standards in Heroscape, so I’d think Cybertronian weapons, even Bee’s weaker ones, could easily pull off 4 attack.
-It could be cool if he could have some aort of Carry mechanic to represent him being a vehicle, but that could just be too much clutter for this design.
Thank you so much!

-Yes, that's what I was looking for... bit of a Glass Cannon. One of the things that made Bumblebee such a compelling character is that he succeeds as often as he fails. Someone like Optimus would be a bit more of a workhorse... and yeah, his stats are kinda low for a giant robot (my brother pointed that out.) I'm content with it for now, but if I could do it over again, I'd consider a better life and maybe attack for him...

-He was designed to link up with essentially any Human character we've done for our custom games, so I picked 250. It is high, and I sort of wish I had given him an actual human sidekick in hindsight, because it does allow him to bond with some big guys.

-Yeah, although I sort of envisioned Return Fire as being his stronger weapons. They can do some serious damage... they're just not fired when you'd think they'd be. It makes him into a more luck-centric, defensive character.

-A carry would have been fun! I'll definitely give that to an autobot in the future...

Thanks for your response! Always appreciated.
Old January 29th, 2019, 06:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
Hello everyone!

I know it's been a few months since my last post, but I've been busy during that time and wanted to get back into the habit of posting my progress!

So after Bumblebee, I got all excited about there being a good Transformers movie, so I play-tested a design for the titular main character.

Here is the figure, a converted major q10 figure.

I describe the creation of the figure more on my blog here

What do you guys think? Penny for your thoughts? I may post some other Transformers figures later. (also, let me know if I'm doing something wrong with these wacky pictures... I can never figure it out.)

-JF
Haven't checked out the card yet but wanted to comment on the nice work with the figure. Would love to see progress photos of the process of you have them. I'm a sucker for those posts.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 29th, 2019, 08:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I also dig this figure mod. It looks pretty sweet.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 29th, 2019, 11:12 PM

Thanks to you both! I should have taken WIP shots... I'll do so in the future if at all possible.
Old February 4th, 2019, 11:25 PM

Alright, since you guys wanted updates and WIP shots, I figure I'll show you what I'm cooking up next in this project: Optimus and Hound.

I'm not what you would call a purist when it comes to Transformers. When you grow up on Simon Furmans's 'Armada' comics and TF Animated, you're a bit of an alien to both Bayformers and G1. As a result, you'll see a variety of Transformers styles in this project. For the most part, you will see a Bayformers aesthetic, this being because the Bayformers designs are most recognizable by the members of my group, with them being most familiar with the films and Transformers Prime.

The first shot is of my figure for the Autobot Hound, a character I'm tackling for no reason other than the fact I love his actor and his aesthetic. Had I known how much greenstuff it would take to give him his signature beard, potbelly and belt, however, I wouldn't have tried it. It took about two inches to patch up the holes in this 'Bulkhead' happy meal, with Bumblebee for scale. The result is pretty nice though, so I can't complain too much.

Far less extensive has been my work on this Optimus Prime happy meal. I cut the sword off his ugly gun and put it on his knuckles, where it belongs. After that, I patched up some holes and gave him a new facemask, as I feel the facemask is the most prominent feature of Prime's face, and the original sculpt had it sunken in. It's a happy meal, so I didn't expect perfection, but that had to be fixed!

That's where I'm at with the modding. Painting time!
Old February 5th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff.
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Sweet work here! I look forward to the finished product to gawk at.

Also, Bumblebee is boss.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:19 PM

Optimus is the best Transformer ever; the one character that is unarguably a pop-culture icon and tremendous character, and not just a toy. If I could pick a fictional character to be president, it would be Optimus.

Gushing concluded, then, let's look at the figure.

The figure chosen is the Optimus Prime figure I showed off last post.
As noted in that post, there wasn't a lot of modifications necessary to make the figure look like the iconic character: just some modifications to the sword, the faceplate, and then filling up the screw holes in the body.

The tones I chose were washed out to demonstrate Prime's age and experience. Prime has always struck me as a very old and very sad character, being the leader of the heros' never-ending grind against an unstoppable evil in a several-million year war. Thus, the reds are dark, the blues are greyed, and both are scratched up with silver.

Even the eyes turned out fairly sad looking... I feel like it caught the character I was going for.

Well, what do you think? Penny for your thoughts, Autobots?

I'll post the card here soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards