Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 9th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
In regard to Comedian, as it stands right now, I'd let him flame his enemies and himself as there is nothing on the card to state otherwise. To add a line on the card stating that Comedian is affected by his flamethrower attack seems redundant, imo.
That said, after a quick search there are examples that would support otherwise ... Green Arrow (Ollie), Rocket Raccoon, and Boomerang all state that their figure "can be affected."
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:44 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

So with Comedian okay as-is, Wrecker tweaked to target only enemies, and Storm pending a ruling on her intent, that just leaves Crimson Dynamo (if I didn't miss any others). Seems to me that CD is also fine as-is (relying on the default) ... I can't think of any abuse potential from letting him target himself, and there's probably next to zero reason to even do so, since it doesn't help you throw damage to other figures.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; January 9th, 2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:12 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I just wanted to point out that we aren't/weren't perfect. We did our best and put a lot of our valuable time into this project. We didn't take it lightly, but are not perfect.
Oh my, I hope I'm not coming off as negatively judging the herculean efforts that have gone into this project. What has been done here is phenomenal and I am in awe of how good the C3G cards are (both design and presentation). Over the years I have edited professionally for three different game companies (whose names you would know), and you guys have done a better job than all of them. Including Hasbro, so make that four.

I realize this makes me sound like an arrogant ass, but I really expected to find more issues once I started reading the C3G cards. That's just how it has always been during my entire career. What a joy to find out how wrong I was. So please understand I'm not kidding when I say it has been a pleasure to discover how leak-proof almost all of these units are. Being an über-lexic kind of guy, that's a rare treat for me.

So please, don't think for a minute that I'm sitting here grumbling. You guys have built the workshop, designed the furniture, milled the lumber, forged the hardware, assembled the dressers and tables and bunk beds ... my suggestions are trivial by comparison. I'm just wandering into the showroom and suggesting sanding off a couple of bumps here and there, or throwing out a used coffee cup that got accidentally left inside a hoosier. Most of my time is spent admiring your handiwork, but I don't share all of those thoughts because it would get pretty redundant to keep posting "another great unit!" 50 times a week.

I actually think you've been as close to perfect as I can remember.

Again, feel free to ask me to stop if this becomes counterproductive, or makes people feel like I'm crapping on their work. I truly have nothing but respect for this project. (Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting my notes.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
That said, after a quick search there are examples that would support otherwise ... Green Arrow (Ollie), Rocket Raccoon, and Boomerang all state that their figure "can be affected."
Hmm, yes ... I forgot to do the positive search. Sorry I wasn't very thorough.

Green Goblin is also on the explicit "can be affected" list, as is Deathwalker 9000.

Just to have a couple more data points, I did notice that Judge Dredd's LAWGIVER HIGH EXPLOSIVE SPECIAL ATTACK and Rocket Red's EXPLOSIVE BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK both rely upon the default rule as described by GreyOwl (they don't specify either way, so they must affect their own wielders when within range).

Old January 9th, 2015, 10:54 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

All is good JaB, no blood no foul.

What you have said is basically what I was trying (in-eloquently) saying. The rules are always in play unless a power states that it is breaking it & it only has to state the way in which it is breaking the rule not reiterate the whole rule. So by not stipulating something is or isn't in effect in the power text we must fall back to the basic rules.
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also remember we kind of followed official at first and then evolved into our current way of doing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 9th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Also remember we kind of followed official at first and then evolved into our current way of doing things.
That's a good point Q ... and there are probably some "vestigial organs" here and there as well.

"Metaphor." - Drax the Destroyer

Old January 9th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I just wanted to point out that we aren't/weren't perfect. We did our best and put a lot of our valuable time into this project. We didn't take it lightly, but are not perfect.
Oh my, I hope I'm not coming off as negatively judging the herculean efforts that have gone into this project. What has been done here is phenomenal and I am in awe of how good the C3G cards are (both design and presentation). Over the years I have edited professionally for three different game companies (whose names you would know), and you guys have done a better job than all of them. Including Hasbro, so make that four.

I realize this makes me sound like an arrogant ass, but I really expected to find more issues once I started reading the C3G cards. That's just how it has always been during my entire career. What a joy to find out how wrong I was. So please understand I'm not kidding when I say it has been a pleasure to discover how leak-proof almost all of these units are. Being an über-lexic kind of guy, that's a rare treat for me.

So please, don't think for a minute that I'm sitting here grumbling. You guys have built the workshop, designed the furniture, milled the lumber, forged the hardware, assembled the dressers and tables and bunk beds ... my suggestions are trivial by comparison. I'm just wandering into the showroom and suggesting sanding off a couple of bumps here and there, or throwing out a used coffee cup that got accidentally left inside a hoosier. Most of my time is spent admiring your handiwork, but I don't share all of those thoughts because it would get pretty redundant to keep posting "another great unit!" 50 times a week.

I actually think you've been as close to perfect as I can remember.

Again, feel free to ask me to stop if this becomes counterproductive, or makes people feel like I'm crapping on their work. I truly have nothing but respect for this project. (Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting my notes.)

You're intentions are positive and meant to help for sure. I can be overprotective sometimes to a fault

Original Scape wasn't all consistent and as Q mentioned, we started going off of that and then kind of morphed into our own thing, and as Hellfire said, "vestigial organs" may be strewn about here and there.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 9th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yeah, Idt Greyowl was trying to state an official rule or C3G standard. I think he was just trying to help clarify.
Neither, really. Just stating my own opinion and understanding, and hoping it helped provide some clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post

So then, the general rule is that since a unit's power can potentially affect that unit as long as it is not trying to be adjacent to, within X LOS/clear sight/normal spaces of, or in a straight line with itself, this is considered the default. Thus, when the design intent is to allow it, no statement is required.
Exactly. Based on that, I'll revise and simplify what I wrote earlier:

LOS, Clear Sight, Adjacent, In a Straight Line from, Within X Spaces

A figure can never meet any of these conditions for itself.
If the figure should be affected: the power needs to explicitly state so.
If the figure should NOT be affected: the power does not necessarily need to state it.

A figure CAN meet these conditions relative to a different figure.
If the figure should be affected: the power does not necessarily need to state it.
If the figure should NOT be affected: the power needs to explicitly state so.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:22 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

At some point I stopped reading and just started skimming, so maybe this was covered already, but the difference between "Clear Sight" and "LOS" is that "Clear Sight" just requires that the figure can be seen, while "LOS" requires that the figure must have a visible hit zone.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2015, 12:27 PM

General J is surprisingly tart

Sorry if I'm gonna be rude here, but I really don't like this custom.

430 is flat out too high (Higher than Superman?), and the effects are kind of boring and don't feel very Thor-like.

Having 8, 8, 8, not only is too tough to fight, but also makes him a boring stat-stick to play.
Old September 25th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Sorry you're not a fan. If you really find him that boring, I recommend not using him.

Re: the point about his stats being too high to fight against, C3G has other heroes at a similar power level that can compete with him. (And it's very possible to put together 430 points worth of less valuable heroes that can challenge Thor)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library