Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Database of available figures - a work in progress.

OK, we may as well start a more scaled-down version of this, which I will update on the first post. I'll give an example entry below, and I'll fill in the first post once we've put together a few.

D&D Miniatures
Spoiler Alert!

The spreadsheet is growing, too. I see some other people have made contributions.

Last edited by dok; November 15th, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Another entry:

Starwars Miniatures
Spoiler Alert!

With widely available stuff like D&D and Star Wars, I figure that I may as well just list site supporters.
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Another idea for figures could be the WoW minis. Some appear to be relatively cheap, and still have a good sculpt.

Here are some of them.

EDIT: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/world_of_warcraft

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST

Last edited by DragonSlayer2; November 15th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
Another idea for figures could be the WoW minis. Some appear to be relatively cheap, and still have a good sculpt.

Here are some of them.
Good suggestion. For future suggestions, try to match the format of the others, like so:

World of Warcraft Miniatures
Spoiler Alert!

If you know of a good informational site where one can easily browse pictures of all the figures, it would be good to include that, as well.
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
WoW mini's are indeed perfectly sized, once you get them off their super-huge bases. And many of them are pretty damned awesome. I have some pics of rebased WoW mini's (along with several other kinds) in the size comparison thread, I believe.

Which, BTW, is a good resource for this sort of thing. As is the much huger (and therefore less easy to mine) "cool figures" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
WoW mini's are indeed perfectly sized, once you get them off their super-huge bases. And many of them are pretty damned awesome. I have some pics of rebased WoW mini's (along with several other kinds) in the size comparison thread, I believe.

Which, BTW, is a good resource for this sort of thing. As is the much huger (and therefore less easy to mine) "cool figures" thread.
158 pages............

Nice links btw. You should throw those up in the C3V suggestion thread. It will give them some ideas for some really cool sculpts.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A few additional sources for figures.

MageKnight
Prepainted, fully assembled plastic miniatures
Fantasy Genre

Information:
I seem to recall that the Mage Knight catalog is available somewhere in the Heroscapers site, maybe in the downloads?

Good range of figures for building squads.

Retailers:
http://http://www.trollandtoad.com/Collectible-Miniatures-Games/1050-1285p1n10.html
http://store.gamingetc.com/catalog/mage_knight_minis/229

Dreamblade
Mutant/Horror/Dreamscape genre

Information:
Some on Wikipedia.
Slightly larger scale, but work fine for heroes. Almost no options for squads.

Retailers:

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Collectible-Miniatures-Games/2166-1285p1n10.html

AT-43
Sci-fi genre

Information:
From Rackham.
Mix of heroes and squads.

Retailers:
http://www.thewarstore.com/AT43.html
http://www.scifigenre.com/browse.aspx?sid=OQUTO1PS0O00W1N&nSubCategoryID=135&nExpandToID=3577

Confrontation
Fantasy genre

Information:
From Rackham.

Retailers:
http://www.thewarstore.com/ConfrontationAgeRagnarok.html
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Thanks, faure! I've been meaning to add Legendary Encounters and Mechwarrior and LotR, too... really, I should just add everything they've got at trollandtoad that has anything of potential use to us.

I'll update the OP at some point today.
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post

AT-43
Sci-fi genre

Information:
From Rackham.

Retailers:
http://www.thewarstore.com/AT43.html
http://www.scifigenre.com/browse.aspx?sid=OQUTO1PS0O00W1N&nSubCategoryID=135&nExpandToID=3577

Confrontation
Fantasy genre

Information:
From Rackham.

Retailers:
http://www.thewarstore.com/ConfrontationAgeRagnarok.html
Miniature Market also carries AT-43 and Confrontation.
Miniature Market
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/at_43
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/confrontation

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:06 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, both Troll and Toad and Miniatures Market have a great variety of most pre-painted figures I think we could reasonably work with, without venturing into the metal figures market. To date, I've had very positive experiences with both companies.

Another retailer who carries DDM, SWM, Heroclix, and WoW is: http://www.gamehollow.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=110
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:42 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Don't forget about using abprices.com to compare prices of singles. So basically find what you want in the miniature information links, then go to abprices.com to compare prices. It's not perfect, but it does have *somewhat* updated prices for auggies, trollandtoad, miniature market, ebay, plus hunderds of other stores.
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:09 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I added a displacer beast to the database. There is a cheaper displacer beast, but I like the one that I added more. I guess I could add another displacer beast.

I'd like to see a displacer beast and a steel predator in a C3V wave.

If I find the time, I'd like to see if I'd like to find some historical squads.

Last edited by Rich10; November 19th, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs