Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old April 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

Since we can no longer edit a thread's title would it be OK to kindly ask an admin for a one time edit to threads we've created (like map and custom threads)?

Many who update their map and custom threads also change the date in the thread title or put the page number where the new pics can be found. But since we can't update the date ourselves it'll be confusing when, for example, I put a new map in my thread a year from now, but it still has April 2008 in the title.

All I'd be looking for is to have the date and page reference removed and just leave <instert moniker>'s maps left as the thread title.

I'm not all that interested in the blog section of the site, I'd much rather update my thread.

-insert signature here-
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
I'm having weird troubles getting my avatar to work. My computer says it's under 100K. When I FTP it to another server, it says it's 96.5K. But when I try to upload it here or even link to it here, I get: "Your file of 152.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype."

Edit: It keeps getting worse. I tried shrinking the size of the avatar, got it below 90K on my computer. But Heroscapers now says it's 155K! I shrink it and HS says it's gotten bigger??

(I put up a temporary older avatar for now.)
Sounds like it could be a highly technical problem on how your computer versus other servers interprets the 010101s in your image file. Try saving the image with a different file name, smaller than 90K, empty your browser cache, close browser window, then upload it again with the new name. It may be the server/browser/your PC is having a difficult time noticing and re-writing the few bits that changed since your last save/ upload attempt.
Okay, none of that was the problem, but I finally figured it out.

The height was 183 and should have been 180. I kept working on the file's KB size, because that's what the CP was telling me the problem was, but it was a completely different problem.

So the error message is inaccurate. This is probably EXTREMELY low on the priorities list, but... now you know.
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Old April 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My saved PMs are gone.
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
So I fixed the vertical alignement of posts, which in turn fixed the issue of long locations breaking the page. Now I have to change the avatar and signatures sizes to fit.

Update: I changed the avatar size limit, but anyone with an old avatar that was too wide (netherspirit!) is not removed. Signature images cannot be controlled with this option, nor with our special auto-resizing code. The only way to prevent long images from breaking the page layout is to disallow ALL images in signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post
My saved PMs are gone.
I think mine were in a different imported named folder. Talk to Xotli about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I tried to edit my signature, which was three lines long. I changed it to only two lines. When I try to save the changes it tells me that a signature can only be 4 lines long. I am well under the limit, but I can't save it. It's a minor thing, but thought I would point it out.
The setting was maxed at 3 lines. I changed it to 4. I also changed a setting that determines how long one line of code + characters can be before it wraps to a new line. We really don't want many lines in people sigantures stopping the flow of reading a page. Consider putting more than one sentence on each line, such as

One sentence here. | Anther senetence here that was previously on the second line in my sig.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Here's a pic of my posting problem. I tried to do this earlier, but Imageshack wasn't working...

Old April 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Here's a pic of my posting problem. I tried to do this earlier, but Imageshack wasn't working...
That's because image shack sucks
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
If you have a better way that's free, I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT: My problem's fixed now. It wasn't a few minutes ago, but now that's another thing to check off the list.

EDIT 2: Now it's randomly doing it. I dunno what happening..
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
If you have a better way that's free, I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT: My problem's fixed now. It wasn't a few minutes ago, but now that's another thing to check off the list.

EDIT 2: Now it's randomly doing it. I dunno what happening..
The post box breaking the page layout is already listed as an issue in this thread.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I changed back the alignment of the posts. I like the horizontal far better for our fixed size, it eats less horizontal post room.
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Grrrrrr.

You not only switched it back to the ugly, ugly horizontal, it got rid of the nice BLACK line between posts & signatures.
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
I changed back the alignment of the posts. I like the horizontal far better for our fixed size, it eats less horizontal post room.
I guess it depends on which setting you use. I changed mine to wide (so it would span the whole screen instead of the middle 1/3) and having the pictures on the side of the post greatly reduces the post sizes.

Please keep signatures short.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online