Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 17th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Could we please try not to clutter this thread with stuff that isn't about questions for CVN? Or, at least, about him in some relevant way?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:38 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I for one would be totally okay with unpainted minis and terrain boards (With some basic elevation) like AotP if it means bringing back 'Scape. That would save a lot of costs. Still weird that AotP was canceled so quick, was really looking forward to more, and thought it would survive given the cost saving techniques.
I honestly assume this is how it would come back if it did.
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:25 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One thing I've always wondered was whether there was an intentional naming scheme behind the names of the marro heroes. There seems to be some sort of pattern, with both of the male hivelords names' ending in "-Na", and both of the male warlords names ending in "-Sa." Was this intentional, and was there any other intentionality behind the first two syllables of the marro names?
Old May 31st, 2019, 01:34 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

I am not sure if this has already been asked, but did you ever think about having Spartans as one of your character themes? The history and lore about Spartans has always been one of my favorite things to read about. To me they would have really fit well in Heroscape. As has been said throughout this thread thank you and your team for creating a game that I have enjoyed since the first day I played so many years ago and still today.
Old May 31st, 2019, 03:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'll tag @Craig Van Ness so he sees we have a couple of excellent new questions. I expect he'll be around presently to answer them.

= =
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'll tag @Craig Van Ness so he sees we have a couple of excellent new questions. I expect he'll be around presently to answer them.
It's been like 9 months since he's posted here, I think you're being a bit optimistic.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

He's posted elsewhere since then, though. I think he'll be around, eventually. Hope springs eternal!

= =
Old August 6th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
One thing I've always wondered was whether there was an intentional naming scheme behind the names of the marro heroes. There seems to be some sort of pattern, with both of the male hivelords names' ending in "-Na", and both of the male warlords names ending in "-Sa." Was this intentional, and was there any other intentionality behind the first two syllables of the marro names?
Rob Daviau came up with the original marro names. Honestly, I don't remember if there was a scheme behind the names.
Old August 6th, 2019, 02:45 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
I am not sure if this has already been asked, but did you ever think about having Spartans as one of your character themes? The history and lore about Spartans has always been one of my favorite things to read about. To me they would have really fit well in Heroscape. As has been said throughout this thread thank you and your team for creating a game that I have enjoyed since the first day I played so many years ago and still today.
Spartans!
Yes. Spartans would fit perfectly in Heroscape.

In the early years of Heroscape, at Gen Con one year, Heroscapers rented some space in a local bar to play some Heroscape. They played the movie 300 while we were playing Heroscape- it was a fun night!
Old August 6th, 2019, 02:53 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Spartans!
Yes. Spartans would fit perfectly in Heroscape.

In the early years of Heroscape, at Gen Con one year, Heroscapers rented some space in a local bar to play some Heroscape. They played the movie 300 while we were playing Heroscape- it was a fun night!
The prodigal son returns!

Craig, any thoughts on Heroscape making a return? If you were to relaunch it, would you reboot the series to start fresh or just pick up where you guys left off?
Old August 6th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can you tell us about Massive Core?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 6th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Can you tell us about Massive Core?
Yesssss!!!!!!!!

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion