Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 10th, 2018, 06:04 PM

nate_m128 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Petition?

I'm not sure how one would go about this, but what if we somehow get a petition going to revive heroscape, would hasbro listen?
Old May 10th, 2018, 06:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Petition?

It happened, back when the game was cancelled. Didn't really work, sadly.

If you want HeroScape back, officially, support Craig Van Ness' game company, Soaring Rhino. He's expressed interest in buying the HS license if his company gets off the ground.

Also, welcome to the site! Pittsburgh has a few 'Scapers, but if you make a 2ish hour drive into Ohio they have tournaments every other month and they're super friendly and welcoming.
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:21 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

As @superfrog mentioned there was a Petition to save Heroscape with 613 peopel signed. Plus there was a "Bring it back: Send a Hex" protest that at least got a personalized letter and leftover freebies mailed from WoTC to each protester. Also also agree the best idea is support Craig Van Ness's Soaring Rhino
Old May 11th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
support Craig Van Ness's Soaring Rhino
This cannot be overstated. @Craig Van Ness is the best friend Heroscape ever had, in addition to being its creator, and he is the best hope it has for returning in some form.

Of course, if all you want is more 'Scape, then feel free to check out the C3V/SoV Books, the index to which is linked in my sig below.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 12th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

In a way, I think that, for me at least, Heroscape 'dying' is one of the best things that ever happened to it. It's allowed a vibrant community develop ever more over in C3G, creating far more units than the official game ever put out, and, at least for me, encouraged me to finally get off my arse, start creating my own customs and making use of other people's. The game, for me, is far more vibrant now than ever it was when it was 'official'.
That being said... I would love to see CVN revive it, if only for nostalgia's sake; I've grown to miss the previews of the week on the front page, the thrill of the new release, the joy of opening a fresh booster, and I'd love to see more official product re-ignite the parts of this community that are dying a bit - the front page is sad these days, and Week@Heroscapers is sorely missed. More than that, re-releases of existing packs would be appreciated, and I'm aware there are many official units that have still yet to see the light of day. Customscape can never be replaced now, never be equaled - it will always be an important part of the game's bright tapestry. But... there's a part of me that wants to see the official threads woven again, if only for old time's sake.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 12th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Brittle hexes, my friends.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2018, 07:29 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I feel as though it is much harder for new players to get into the classic game, but it seems easy to get into the C3G, get some heroclix print the cards and done. I personally like the classic game and feel its a shame it's a big step for a new player to get into it.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion