Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to support a Patreon for terrain?
Yes, follow your dreams! 10 90.91%
No, work a normal job like the rest of us. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 25th, 2017, 02:18 AM

Isak is surprisingly tart
Re: Wow, that was a big hurricane!

@Tornado , Hasbro had just let their trademark laps so I was able to register it as you would any normal trademark.

As for buildings, I've got an idea for a modular building setup that would enable you to have multi story buildings and access between levels easily, change wall textures(Maybe) and potentially have destructible walls. That however will take a lot of time to develop just right and would take a while before I get to that point. The images you see in the post are among the first 3D files that would be given to the Patreon subscribers if there is enough support.

Thanks for the support and I'm really hoping both my plans for the future here work out.
Old November 25th, 2017, 05:24 AM

Brets Woo who?

Modular buildings you say? Interesting
Old November 25th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Rooting even harder for you now!

Thanks for info.
Old November 26th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Modular buildings would be a game changer.
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:11 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'm curious about the chronology of events. I'm assuming that since Hasbro did not want to sell the system rights to you, that means they probably did not intend for someone else to TM the Heroscape name. Did you get the trademark on the logo as well? Or just the name?

I'm also guessing that you probably registered the TM before entering negotiations with Hasbro; else they would likely have re-upped the TM when you contacted them. Were they peeved that you got their trademark?

Now that you have the trademark, is Hasbro precluded from producing anything with the Heroscape name on it?
Old January 10th, 2018, 12:01 PM

Re: UPDATE! Patreon is up and more news about my upcoming ga

@Porkins sorry I didn't see your post until now. I bought the trademark before starting negotiations. They had let it laps years before I bought it though and after talking to them I don't believe they had intentions to restart Heroscape although I could be wrong. At first I believed they were actually going to sell me everything else I wanted but it turned out they were just stringing me along(buying time for I don't know what).

I do not have the trademark for the logo, just the name Heroscape, and yes that would stop them from producing something with the name Heroscape although I want this game back as much as anyone else does(hence the reason I was trying to bring it back myself) and I would be more than happy to sell it back to them if they were going to produce it again. I would still proceed with the game that I am making, just not use the name Heroscape anywhere with my game.
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I completely missed this earlier, so I wasn't aware that HeroScape had actually been trademarked again (albeit, not by Hasbro). I'd kill to know the details of your communication with them, as it's very interesting to know that they were seemingly willing to sell it before eventually refusing. It makes me more hopeful that someone like @Craig Van Ness (who in all likelihood has better connections to Hasbro) can eventually acquire the necessary rights to continue the game.

I think that this is further evidence that Hasbro won't be continuing the game in the foreseeable future, though. If they were planning on relaunching the game, I can't imagine that they would let the trademark expire, or at least they certainly wouldn't let it lay unregistered for years. Just because a company holds tightly onto its properties doesn't mean that they have any plans of using them soon (just look at how Activision sat on Crash Bandicoot for so long). It was already pretty apparent that Hasbro wasn't interested in more HeroScape, but this cements the notion in my eyes.

With all of this said, I don't own a 3D Printer or have the necessary skills to make things like this look good: one of the draws of HeroScape to me was that I could just buy a box of figures that were ready to go. I wish you the best of luck, @Isak , but I don't know if you'll be able to find enough support from people with 3D Printers to make this work as well. It might just be the pessimist in me talking, though.

Is the game that you mentioned going to also require a 3D Printer, or are you hoping to get it in stores?

Last edited by Astroking112; January 10th, 2018 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added more questions.
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey @Isak I have one of the broken pillars, and the thought came to me that it would be cool if the broken piece were separate, so that I could place it in different orientations, or farther away from the taller piece that's still standing.
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:30 AM

@Astroking112 , I'm not planning on releasing all the details about my conversations with hasbro at the moment. I think you may be right though about @Craig_Van_Ness having a better chance then me with his connections. I would love to see Heroscape come back so if he gets Hasbro to cooperate I would be happy.

As for my patreon, I believe I set a realistic goal at $300 by April. I'm advertising here and on some D&D forums as well as making the bases suitable for both games. I could be wrong and if I am I'll just not pursue this path, but I'm hoping I can. I like 3D designing and it would be nice to have my expenses covered while providing a product. Also if you or anyone knows someone who might be interested that also has a 3D printer, if you could show them my patreon that would be awesome!

My game is going to be sold in stores. I've had some negotiations with manufacturing companies and am figuring out what I need in order to produce this game on a larger scale. I am planning on running a kickstarter for the game when I launch, but before that I want to have everything designed and play tested so I can go strait to manufacturing and product fulfillment. It might take a while to get there but I'm planning on selling my game in stores.
@Leaf_It That would be cool, and I could do that as one of the files for the patreon. I would change the design so the broken piece isn't leaning on the main pillar so it would look fine separated, what do you think?
Old January 11th, 2018, 03:46 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'm guessing this is probably a detail you are not interested in releasing, but I'm curious about the $ number you were talking about with Hasbro to buy Heroscape from them. I have no idea what the value of it might be...I suspect the number (that Hasbro is thinking of) is probably pretty high, even for CVN.
Old January 11th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Could make for an incredible movie(s) or perhaps an online tv series.
An animated series like in the ads may be the sweet spot though.
If it works you could pump out a lot of plastic.

A PC version would be amazing as well.

A comic. Then Heroscape could be in C3G...

Some lofty wishes but you have to dream big.
Old January 12th, 2018, 10:59 PM

@Porkins , yeah, sorry I'm not planning on releasing how much my offers were. I will say though I have no idea what $ amount they would want because they never gave me a number.
@Tornado , I've got a friend working on a PC version of the game I'm making. With a couple small tweaks the program would work for Heroscape too, but I'm just making my game right now because I don't want to go through a lawsuit. As for everything else you listed, I'll have to see were this journey takes me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles