Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 6th, 2017, 10:09 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@capsocrates, why nervous? It either funds or it doesn't. If it doesn't fund they don't keep your money. I need to get on there and back it as well.
I want the game, and I want it to be a success!
I backed CVN's game the other day, but it doesn't look like its going to make it at the rate its going. I'm still hopeful for him and his brother's company.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
@capsocrates, why nervous? It either funds or it doesn't. If it doesn't fund they don't keep your money. I need to get on there and back it as well.
I want the game, and I want it to be a success!
I backed CVN's game the other day, but it doesn't look like its going to make it at the rate its going. I'm still hopeful for him and his brother's company.
Does the price include shipping or is that added after you pledge? Just curious, as sometimes it's included in the price you see, and sometimes it added on.

Maybe a couple issues with getting the game funded is the price of $60 or more if shipping is extra. Also, the 30K funding requirement might be kind of high for this type of game. It's not a miniatures game, so less production cost than those.

I think that sometimes if the project gets to a certain point and the funding level seems hard to get, some people won't bother to pledge. Maybe if the funding level were $15K, it would have had a better chance of funding.

I wish them luck in the future.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 6th, 2017, 01:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I just took a look at the kickstarter page I don't think it will make it either. A 30K funding goal with stretch goals starting at 45K & 60K is pretty high compared to other gaming related projects I have pledged for. The pledge goal unlocks are a bit underwhelming too. The whole game can be produced for 30K but 15K only gets some minor additional art work? Generally the kick starter gaming related projects I have seen really take off have lots of pretty cool stretch goals that really drive the campaign. People want to feel like they are getting a good value by paying for the product up front and waiting for it to be produced. Otherwise why not just wait and buy it in the store? I hope this experience doesn't sour Craig and his brother on their prospects as an independent gaming company.
Old March 6th, 2017, 01:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , the points you present are all worth noting. First, its a 60 dollar pledge, but when you pledge it auto tacks on shipping bumping it to 70 something. I can see people doing that then getting frightened away from the sudden jump in price. Where most of the other ones I back don't throw shipping charges at you until the pledge manager closes. At that point it's not as frightening even though its the same price. Second point. If you have a game that doesn't have really any miniatures, it shouldn't quite cost as much to fund. What I've noticed is if you have more stuff such as miniatures in the box people are ok with paying a little more. Kickstarter tabletop games are a little different audience than the people buying a board game at Walmart. Another point on this is. The boards used are pretty plain looking. Without any type of miniatures or anything I would expect something much more interesting to look at. Keep in mind, I still backed this game. The gameplay does look interesting, the artwork could use more wow factor, and there is only one miniature. Miniatures for me are big selling points. These tidbits I'm throwing out are suggestions that would make a broader appeal. I would say I'm backing this more to support craig than the game itself, because I know he can do great things and I want him to do well.

Old March 6th, 2017, 01:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

$60 does seem high for a game with few minis or pieces in general. I really want to see this succeed--if this first kickstarter doesn't take, I hope they try it again from a different angle. I know I've seen other kickstarter projects restart a few times before they really took off.

Is any of this useful information for you, @Craig Van Ness ?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 6th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Another thing I noticed was that the first stretch goal wasn't until $45K, with the next one being at $60K. Doesn't really get people excited when the stretch goals are so far past the funding goal which is already high. Makes them seem unattainable. Not to mention, they don't add extra physical content, just some art that some may or may not find exciting.

Not bashing, just pointing out some observations based on what I have seen in kickstarters I have backed or have watched or checked in on.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Rising Sun funded in 20 minutes. I'm in for the single $100 pledge level. No early birds this time at all...
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:44 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Rising Sun funded in 20 minutes. I'm in for the single $100 pledge level. No early birds this time at all...
That game looks identical to an old pc game I used to love: Shogun:Total war. I looked it up on kickstarter but couldn't find it. Huh, I'll look again.

EDIT: Found it, I'm backing this one as well. Looks amazing, as do most CMON games.
Art on the board and cards is thematic and appealing to behold. Also the miniatures are spot on and awesome looking.

Old March 7th, 2017, 04:03 PM
"like" happy

I'm just sat there watching the numbers go up and up and up on that. They have already doubled their 300,000 dollar goal and its climbing by the second.

Old March 7th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm trying to understand this. Why are you backing the Kickstarter? The only advantage I see is that you get another miniature. For that, you pay about $110 and get to wait a year before it comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 7th, 2017, 04:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
I'm trying to understand this. Why are you backing the Kickstarter? The only advantage I see is that you get another miniature. For that, you pay about $110 and get to wait a year before it comes.
I'm in as well. Though you do wait. If the game is super fun, you get quite a bit of extras that in my case, I'll probably go for on amazon or something and pay more for. Generally on amazon, I've got the core game discounted but more so paid full for expansions. With kickstarter, the CMON campaigns usually offer figures that you cant get later and sometimes throw in expansions for free as stretch goals.

Old March 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't see any stretch goals on this one. Are they expected soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games