Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 11th, 2017, 02:22 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shifting Realms by Craig & Jeff Van Ness

Creating a thread in addition to the front page post:
-----
Heroscape lead designer, Craig Van Ness' new game, Shifting Realms, just launched on Kickstarter.

It is the first game from his new company, now that he's designing independent of Hasbro. I just backed the game and if you buy a copy too, PM me, and we'll set you up with a year of site supporter status here at Heroscapers (or extend your status if you already are a site supporter).

So have a look at the Kickstarter page, and if you like what you see, show some support for Father Heroscape!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 11th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Shifting Realms by Craig & Jeff Van Ness

Looks great! One thing that stood out to me is that it's delivery is July 2017. One thing that I don't like about KS and board games is that, between now and a year from now, my interests or collection may change and I won't be so interested in the package arriving on my doorstep. But July is soon, so that's a big plus.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2017, 08:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For those interested in some comments by some of us who have played it, see The Gang of Four thread in General Discussion, and my thread on boardgamegeek on the game's discussion board.
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:11 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks to all who have supported the Shifting Realms KS!
Happy to answer any questions you might have about the game.
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok, I'll bite: Where are the dice?

= =
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hey @Craig Van Ness , I'm a junkie for miniatures.(Go figure, I have spent thousands of dollars on heroscape.) Is there a chance you guys will be doing more miniatures on top of the cool dragon as maybe stretch goals or the like?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 13th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm not CVN, but (as you probably saw) he answered your question in the comments on the front page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVN
TREX-
One dragon in this game. We looked at minis for everything, but it would have driven the retail price too high.

= =
Old February 13th, 2017, 05:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks @Dad_Scaper i rely too heavily on mentions and quotes and missed it. Thanks for the answer @Craig Van Ness . Id still like to back it. Im going to follow it on kickstarter and jump in when i can.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:10 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ok, I'll bite: Where are the dice?
Getting the correct balance of strategy and luck is one of the keys to deliver a fun playing experience. In shifting realms, we use the story cards to add surprise and an element of luck of the draw. There is also luck in which task cards you receive.

The combat is easy. You sacrifice a soldier to remove an opponent's soldier. Simplifying the combat allows you to plan more about which actions to use and how to use them.

We wanted our first game to be mostly strategy, with a touch of luck.

It is a fun exercise to rate games 0-10 in both luck and strategy. For example, Chess would be a 10 for strategy and 0 for luck. When you design a game, knowing where you want your ratings to land is important. Also, knowing exactly which elements create luck can help you too, if you want to increase or decrease the amount of luck.
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It looks great, Craig. Congratulations and may it and the games to come bring you great success.

= =
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It looks great, Craig. Congratulations and may it and the games to come bring you great success.
Thank you Dad_Scaper!
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:19 PM

sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker

Looks like fun. I'm a backer.

Can't wait to see my name on the Wall of Glory!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games