Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart
Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:46 AM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart
Re: Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

He is cheaper than most people thought.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Muffinman Woo who?

Keeping him close enough to the elementals but far enough from being assassinated is going to be difficult.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm glad he has 5 life, I was afraid it would be 4.
Other than that, he is close to what most expect, although perhaps 30 points cheaper than most thought.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So this guy is nearly worthless without a bunch of Elementals. Kind of Kato Katsuro-like, but with more expensive 'squad' figures and a less expensive leader. I'll be interested to see how these elemental armies play out.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

He's cheaper and a bit more fragile then I was guessing.

Also, he doesn't have a ranged attack which means he won't be able to attack on turns in which he's moving (or trying to revive and elemental) without putting himself in danger.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Maybe I just forgot from the original teaser, but did we know he could bring a destroyed elemental back to life?

Alone they're (Kurrok and the elementals) pretty weak (if not useless), but together, what a punch. Loving it.

"United we stand, divided we fall." The new slogan of Kurrok and the Elementals.

-insert signature here-
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Guess I am going to have to order more elementals. I only have 4x right now, but I can see my son and I wanting to play elemental against elemental with Kurrok.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Guess I am going to have to order more elementals. I only have 4x right now, but I can see my son and I wanting to play elemental against elemental with Kurrok.
Same here. CSI is sold out of the individual packs, but they still have the D1 pack of 4 (for $35). I 'need' more of each anyway and can use the extra uniques as tourney prizes or trades.

Yeah, that's it... way to talk myself into it.

-insert signature here-
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Maybe I just forgot from the original teaser, but did we know he could bring a destroyed elemental back to life?
Yes, the powers are verbatim from the original teaser.

The stats (5L, 5M, 1R, 3A, 3D) also match the consensus exactly, although there was a bit of debate on 6L, 5R, 4D, and 4A.

The big surprise in 120 points in stead of 150. Adding one more elemental to the elemental builds is significant. I've been testing with these exact stats at 150 points, and there have been a lot of times towards the end of a battle where I've thought "damn, if I had just one more elemental..."

Last edited by dok; July 7th, 2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: What, doesn't everybody have 10 fire elementals? ;)
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:

The stats (5L, 5M, 1R, 3A, 3D) also match the consensus exactly, although there was a bit of debate on 6L, 5R, 4D, and 4A.

The big surprise in 120 points in stead of 150. Adding one more elemental to the elemental builds is significant. I've been testing with these exact stats at 150 points, and there have been a lot of times towards the end of a battle where I've thought "damn, if I had just one more elemental..."
Maybe that's why he's 120 and not 150 because the playtesters had the EXACT same thought pop into their heads.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:

I actually play-tested him at 120 when I wrote my Fire Elemental article and was play-testing him just to make sure he was beatable. Good thing I guess.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units