Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old October 22nd, 2021, 04:09 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gimli - Rough Draft

At what point does workshopping transition to playtesting? These designs have received less pushback than I was expecting and I may have some time to playtest later tonight. Though I'm not the most savvy playtester as far as using tournament maps or knowing the most up-to-date competitive armies.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 22nd, 2021, 04:39 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
At what point does workshopping transition to playtesting? These designs have received less pushback than I was expecting and I may have some time to playtest later tonight. Though I'm not the most savvy playtester as far as using tournament maps or knowing the most up-to-date competitive armies.

~TAF
We had a more formal system before, but frankly I'm not sure it's super useful to try following it exactly. The current membership is, at best, off-and-on, and frankly we weren't successful before with the more formal structure.

My suggestion is, if you want to play-test the figure in it's current state, just do so and write up a summary on this thread. The worst that can happen is the card gets changed later and the play-test was just 'fun' instead of being necessarily 'on-point' with where the card ends up. Which isn't a bad thing.
Old October 22nd, 2021, 08:29 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fair enough. I mean it looks like a bunch of our drafts are in a spot to be experienced I'm down to play some lotr scape
Old October 24th, 2021, 10:58 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

GIMLI BATTLE REPORT
Spoiler Alert!

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Overall Gimli performed very well, save for the occasional whiff on his 5-defense. The Dwarves won 2 and lost 2 but Gimli himself almost always did well (and I self-admit that I'm not that good with the Axegrinders). Dwarven Assault is a terribly fearsome power when combined with his 4 Attack, and the fact that you can get more attacks that turn on top of it with Axegrinders just makes them a killing machine. It's like if the Monks could bond with Master Woo.

Additionally Durin’s Tactics is pretty easy to get and maintain, either against melee armies or against ranged armies’ screens. I didn’t play him against any snipers or kiters like Omicrons or Agents, so I don’t know if he’d fall apart against them (probably not because he still has solid defense without Durin’s Tactics).

Fearless Advantage didn’t come into play much, but I imagine it’d make him even more killer since it is a very strong power, and two attacks for 5 is nothing to sneeze at (as Su-Bak-Na learned the hard way).

I could see bumping him to 170 at minimum for changes, potentially dropping Fearless Advantage if it is a superfluous ability, but we’ll see. I will say that 160+ makes him a very expensive choice of bonding hero for the axegrinders (170 would be as much as Migol and Darrak combined), but it hardly matters at his power level.

~TAF

Old December 9th, 2021, 12:05 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These abilities are great, but do you really want 5 attack/6 defense with double attack when engaged with large or huge figures? I would really think Fearless Advantage and Durin's Tactics should not both be on the same card.
Old December 9th, 2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
These abilities are great, but do you really want 5 attack/6 defense with double attack when engaged with large or huge figures? I would really think Fearless Advantage and Durin's Tactics should not both be on the same card.
I could easily be talked into dropping Fearless Advantage since Gimli is more than good as is and not every unit needs 3 powers.

~TAF

Old December 10th, 2021, 08:47 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that's the move then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I could easily be talked into dropping Fearless Advantage since Gimli is more than good as is and not every unit needs 3 powers.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs