Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament Sept. 3rd

For the robot battle, how about Hellsgate for the map?

There's a chance some custom terrain might make it to me before the weekend, and we could add it for that industrial feel:

Old August 28th, 2011, 03:42 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If we need one more matchup, then I'll offer up again some earlier suggestions:

Venoc Vipersx5
Venoc Warlord
Mohican River Tribe x 2
Brave Arrow
(510, 23 hexes)

vs

DCoTx4
Ogre Warhulk
Arrow Grutsx2
Swog Ridersx2
(500, 24 hexes)

Or

Deathstalkersx3
Wo-Sa-Ga
Black Wyrmlingsx4
24 hexes, 555 pts

vs

Marvel Mix
Captain America
Red Skull
Venom
560 pts

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Deroche...

Yes... those two will be our back ups if we need them. We are set for up to 20 people... if we bump up to 24 I will be thrilled!

And I think the custom terrain map for the robots is awesome!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:56 PM

123edcx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have an idea. How about the elementalist vs. the hive and some drones. Both the hive and Kurrok have the revive and the drones with range 1 counter balance kurroks turn taking summon.

Just looking at the cards, this looked good.

Maro
Hive 160
drones x7 510

Elementals
Kurrok 120
Fire El. x3 225
Water El. x3 315
Air El. x3 405
Earth El. x3 510

The number of drones looks like it would be a good fit for the special abilities of the elementals and the slow elemental respawn compaired to the hive makes this look good. If there looks like the scale tips to far for the elements we can change drones to stingers or drudge but i never tried this so anyone with coments post.
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123edcx View Post
Just looking at the cards, this looked good.

Maro
Hive 160
drones x7 510

Elementals
Kurrok 120
Fire El. x3 225
Water El. x3 315
Air El. x3 405
Earth El. x3 510
Hmm, I think in that match-up, I'd prefer the drones. The problem with Kurrock choosing to bring an elemental back is that you do so at the expense of taking a full turn of attacks.

So my point is that if Kurrock finds himself to the point where he needs that resurrection roll to succeed, he's already in trouble -- bringing an elemental back should be viewed as more of a luxury than some kind of mechanic to balance out the opponent's Hive. It's more alone the lines of something to do when there's nothing to attack. Against a hoard of drones, he'll never get the opportunity.

Old August 30th, 2011, 04:00 PM

123edcx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thats a good point, but i still think this could be good, even if you never use the revive you have 3 atacks and special abilities of the elementals. If you get the drones out quick and tie up the elementals the later game will see a hive victory but its up to the dice. And a well placed air elemental with a water suport or to can counter the swarm.

I would also like to restate that we can change a few drones to stingers or drudge in case that gives you ideas on how to improve the match.

On a side note, i would take the elementals in this match up. i think there powers could tear apart the drones if your carefull with them, lose to many and your doomed but plan it out and you could win without trouble.
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not in relation to the tournament... but for anyone who wants to make some dynamic new terrain (possibly as a prize that I would claim!) check out this download! http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads...ooklet.pdf.pdf

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Nice new pic ED!

And, sadly, I can't make it, since my dad has "planned" work for me.

Have fun up there, and let me know how Fire and Ice fairs.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Nice new pic ED!

And, sadly, I can't make it, since my dad has "planned" work for me.

Have fun up there, and let me know how Fire and Ice fairs.
Bummer!

What work could be more important than saving humanity from a zombie horde?!?

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old September 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

How did it go? Who won? How did Fire vs Ice fare?
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:41 AM

Tommy...

The Winner was... Slippery Slope!

There was a 3 way tie for second place... (since we were scoring by SOS... not points.)

Sawyer, Oden and Myself. We had a full prize table that looped around 1 and 1/2 times!

The matches were a ton of fun! My favorites were Humans VS. Zombies which the Humans seemed to dominate (very surprisingly!) and the Battle for Underacheivement featuring armies that were C ranked or lower. Fire VS Ice did well... your map functioned great, but I would like more dynamic tension between the armies. I would like to keep the theme and rebuild the armies for that one.

The trickiest match was Wyrven/spiders vs Marro ... Grrr! I think it was tilted far in favor of the Marro... TKN is very good against spiders!

Old September 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
How did it go? Who won? How did Fire vs Ice fare?
The matches were all a lot of fun! I got lucky in that I usually drew the side that was easier to play. In my match with Diablo, I was glad to take the Marro just cause I had no idea how to play a spider/Estivarra/Wyvern army. He's also right that the matchup seemed to favor the Marro, not least because of the grub bonding with TKN and SBN.

I lost to Sawyer (don't know his screen name) in a match that went right down the wire. Q9 got 7 wounds on Krug, but couldn't finish him off, and then he ate my whole army.

I didn't get to play the Romans vs. gladiators. I'd say the most interesting matchup I played was good robots vs. bad robots, where I thought for sure the Jandar bots would rule, but the Deathwalker/rat army was surprisingly good.

Anyway, they were all great games.

Sorry you couldn't make it! Maybe you and will finally get to play a match next time.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events