Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old August 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Darkco is surprisingly tart
I think ... no booster set for marvel will come.

Hi there, I am starting to think seriously we won't have a booster for marvel scape. Thanks God, we have our own stats and customs figures to compense. So I think it is the time to pass over this idea to see some new stuff form theme. Have a nice day

"Sorry for my English. I am French, but I am a huge fan of this forum."
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Pyx Woo who?
Re: I think ... no booster set for marvel will come.

I still believe in Marvel Booster Set.
You are probably right tho
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

WotC is still waiting on Wal-Mart. I have my doubts about it, also, but we need not any new threads.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I agree we don't need doom & gloom threads, but while this is here...perhaps if the big stores don't stick it out WotC could sell anything new they come out with straight to 'scapers?

Heck, Dr. Weirdscaper is half their income anyway.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Don't speak such nonsense! Marvel will come out, you'll see. Come on say it with me. Marvel will come out!

I sure hope it comes out.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:03 PM

TKE545 has disabled reputation

Marvel will come out. It must. It has to. It simply HAS to.

Anyway, isn't WotC trying to move more towards selling in gaming stores? I don't know about anyone else, but my local gaming store is a corner of my local comic book store (front corner, so it's not like they're ashamed of it). The only 'Scape they ever carried was Marvel. If WotC wants to move away from big chain stores, then hopefully they won't care what Wal-Mart thinks. At worst it should be a set back... A delay, if you will. Wally world won't (wish I could continue that alliteration, but no "w" word for sell or carry) sell Marvel scape? If the wizards make a full transition (making it more affordable to smaller stores) comic stores will carry Marvel scape. So just wait a while for it.

'Scape naked. Heroes aren't born with clothes on.
Old August 24th, 2008, 12:41 AM

CHAZ! is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

still waiting........

Old August 24th, 2008, 09:43 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE545 View Post
Marvel will come out. It must. It has to. It simply HAS to.

Anyway, isn't WotC trying to move more towards selling in gaming stores? I don't know about anyone else, but my local gaming store is a corner of my local comic book store (front corner, so it's not like they're ashamed of it). The only 'Scape they ever carried was Marvel. If WotC wants to move away from big chain stores, then hopefully they won't care what Wal-Mart thinks. At worst it should be a set back... A delay, if you will. Wally world won't (wish I could continue that alliteration, but no "w" word for sell or carry) sell Marvel scape? If the wizards make a full transition (making it more affordable to smaller stores) comic stores will carry Marvel scape. So just wait a while for it.
Unfortunately, it's been stated by WotC that continued production of Marvelscape depends entirely on Wal-Mart's support of the game. Due to the licensing fees that WotC has to pay Marvel for the rights, the game requires huge numbers of retailer orders to be profitable, and comic stores and FLGS's just aren't enough to keep the game going, in WotC's eyes.

Let's just all cross our fingers and hope Wal-Mart sees the potential sales in this game.
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:48 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Everyone better buy 4 or 5 of each if they come out if they want any more to come out after. I am seeing alot of Marvel packs collecting dust on the shelves though. (If they even make the shelves)
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Everyone better buy 4 or 5 of each if they come out if they want any more to come out after. I am seeing alot of Marvel packs collecting dust on the shelves though. (If they even make the shelves)
Wanna put your money where your mouth is?
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Wanna put your money where your mouth is?

Sure...how much?
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

If the Marvel boosters contained a bunch of terrain, I would definitely buy multiples. I personally think the best way to release the figures is to release them the same way they released the first Marvel set. Just don't send out nearly as much sets, so that they don't clog the shelves.

I wonder if It would be realistic for WotC to offer the Marvel expansion online only, completely skipping the whole Walmart thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion