Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old March 17th, 2016, 09:28 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
"I Could Beat That Army" - in a galaxy far, far away.

Copied from Killometer's original thread:

Because no opponent in their right mind would allow it, this will probably stay strictly Theory, but imagine a game where you got to see the army you would be facing before you built your own army. How quickly do you think that you could obliterate your foe? In the interest of seeing what people put together I submit this challenge: build an army of 600 points and 24 hexes that can beat the most recently posted army as easily as possible. Feel free to include any specific strategies that you would use as well. And please quote the army you are focusing on, in case other posts show up between yours and theirs. Also, Aldin reminded me that there are a few well known "rock-paper-scissors" counter-army builds, but ideally they won't be rehashed too many times here (it wouldn't be much fun to read the same 3 armies over and over and over as they infinitely counter one another. )

Let's start with all HoSS armies, we can change to mixed later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; March 19th, 2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old March 17th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: "I Could Beat That Army" - in a galaxy far, far away.

I'll start:

Lobot 80
Yoda 100
4x Gamorreans 260
Greedo 30
C-3PO 10
480 pts 16 hexes

Mean Greenroller - Lobot gives Yoda and the Gamorreans bonding, Yoda uses Mastery of the Force to help the Gamorreans get where they're going, Gamorreans serve as Guards for Yoda. Greedo picks the toughest hero as his bounty and is there for backup or endgame. Depending on how it goes, Lobot may join the fray as a ranged attack, especially as Yoda will try to keep unengaged, meaning he won't be attacking too much. 3PO gives this army plus 10 for initiative.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 17th, 2016, 09:56 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I'll start:

Lobot 80
Yoda 100
4x Gamorreans 260
Greedo 30
C-3PO 10
480 pts 16 hexes

Mean Greenroller - Lobot gives Yoda and the Gamorreans bonding, Yoda uses Mastery of the Force to help the Gamorreans get where they're going, Gamorreans serve as Guards for Yoda. Greedo picks the toughest hero as his bounty and is there for backup or endgame. Depending on how it goes, Lobot may join the fray as a ranged attack, especially as Yoda will try to keep unengaged, meaning he won't be attacking too much. 3PO gives this army plus 10 for initiative.
A-Zulmun-170
Tuskens x4-200
IG-88D-130

The tuskens should fair well against the gamorreans. A-Zulmun takes shots at gamorreans and lobot for the most part. Once the gamorreans are taken care of, 88D can finish off the rest of the heroes. Paralysis cord is for Yoda, and 88D has great chances against greedo and lobot.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.

Last edited by mtl1998; March 17th, 2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: something with an explosion would work well too
Old March 17th, 2016, 05:50 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
A-Zulmun-170
Tuskens x4-200
IG-88D-130
I'm thinking something like

Rancor 205
Vader 1.0 220
Probe Droid x3

The Rancor destroys the Tusken swarm, cause it hits all adjacent figures (which the Tuskens have to be to attack and use their full weight) at once with 5 attack dice, as well as having a ton of health and defense and healing. Vader to kill anything the Rancor doesn't, and the Probe Droids cause nothing else really fits at 75 points. Plus they have some swarm killing ability as well.

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old March 19th, 2016, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post

I'm thinking something like

Rancor 205
Vader 1.0 220
Probe Droid x3
Lobot 80
Bib Fortuna 90
Bespin Guards 70
Duros Thugs x4 200
Quarren Thugs 50
3PO 10

Numbers is the name of the game. I plan on spamming your army with Thugs, always careful to not give the Rancor the chance to hit more than 1 Thug at a time by engaging with 1 and spreading the rest out. Once a nice screen of Thugs is set up and a couple have died, the occaisonal OM on Lobot will let Bib move up and summon. Bespin Guards won't add to defense too often, but they will be able to fire from range. Duros Thugs get the most from Gang Activity, being able to move 8 when they are the 3 that don't attack. 1 Squad of Quarren are there in case water hexes play an important roll. 3PO for +10 initiative.

Jugger

Last edited by Tai-Pan; March 19th, 2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old March 19th, 2016, 07:03 AM

In light of some reflection we had in the HoSS team, I've decided to take this up to 600 points. We figure HoSS armies will be a little more expensive than the 500 point classic standard.

The next person gets a freebiee, countering my 500 pt army with a 600 pt army.

Jugger

Old March 19th, 2016, 08:21 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Lobot 80
Bib Fortuna 90
Bespin Guards 70
Duros Thugs x4 200
Quarren Thugs 50
3PO 10
If I can have 600 poins I would probably go AT-ST x3. I think your things will have a horrible time penetrating Durastell Armor's Auto shield with only 2 attack dice.

Also, I really like the AT-ST : D

Old March 20th, 2016, 10:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Quote:
Lobot 80
Bib Fortuna 90
Bespin Guards 70
Duros Thugs x4 200
Quarren Thugs 50
3PO 10
If I can have 600 poins I would probably go AT-ST x3. I think your things will have a horrible time penetrating Durastell Armor's Auto shield with only 2 attack dice.

Also, I really like the AT-ST : D
Vader 1.0
Eweb Gunner x3
Stormtroopers x1
Vader's gonna go choke out and slash as many as your At Sts as he can, then your gonna have to come and get the Eweb troopers that are going to sit back and blast your atsts with their special attack of 3 attacks of 4 dice with the stormtroopers backing up their SA, and maybe blow up too. Durasteel armor will be mincemeat to their SA.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 20th, 2016, 02:46 PM

I don't know... I beat Vader with just 2 AT-STs in the online tournament, and 3 is that much worse... *shrug*

Old March 20th, 2016, 03:40 PM

I think the Gunners are the bigger threat in that situation. I'd set up a Gunner line and hope Vader can finish what's left over. Sure wouldn't send him out as a starter though.

Jugger

Old March 26th, 2016, 01:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I think the Gunners are the bigger threat in that situation. I'd set up a Gunner line and hope Vader can finish what's left over. Sure wouldn't send him out as a starter though.
But could you beat that army!?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 30th, 2016, 10:54 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX
Vader 1.0
Eweb Gunner x3
Stormtroopers x1
A-Zulman 170
Tusken Raiders x5 250
Tusken Snipers 130
R2-D2 30
C-3PO 10

Excluding the single squad of STs and Vader's choke, you're only getting in single attacks. Swarm with Raiders, if available shots at Vader with Snipers. R2 boosts all their rolls and Threepio helps get iniative so AZ can give the Raiders the defense boost before you get an attack in.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape