Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
The Book of Predator

The Book of Predator

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 11
HUNTERS AND HELLIONS

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Alien vs. Predator: Alien Queen Action Pack set.
Its model number and name are #011 / Predator.

Character Bio - Known to Earth as The Predator, he is one of a close clique of alien hunters who scour the galaxies seeking the ultimate surge of excitement as well as the prize of the most glorious catch. The Predators land on varied habitable planets and are drawn by intense heat as well as conflict between native races. They possess advanced survival and destruction technology, notably light-bending camouflage as well as wrist-mounted explosives capable of obliterating entire cities. The Predators are, naturally, carnivorous creatures but also have a code of honor.
(from IMDB)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; October 30th, 2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Jungle Predator (Design Phase)

NAME = PREDATOR

SPECIES = YAUTJA
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240

YAUTJA CLOAKING DEVICE
This Predator may move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. While occupying a non-water space, this Predator cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

BIO-MASK TARGETING
When this Predator attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile or adjacent to a Jungle Piece, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile or Jungle Piece. If this Predator did not move this turn and attacks a non-adjacent figure, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

SELF-DESTRUCT WRIST GAUNTLET
After rolling initiative, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card when you reveal your Order Marker 3, before taking your turn, each figure within 3 spaces of this Predator receives 2 automatic wounds and then this Predator is destroyed.

Original Design:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 11th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's some of my thoughts about the design...

Name - Despite some attempts to invent some, the films and most literature do not give individual names to Predators. I really wanted to design the original Predator from the first movie (also a legitimate comic character), which is why I chose his common alias of Jungle Predator. This is only to differenciate him from any future Predator designs. If the heroes are keen for him to be the only one, I'd prefer him just to be called The Predator.

Species - most material uses Yautja as their official species. There is another less used (contradictory) term which has been retconned out for all intents and purposes. Yautja is better than Unkknown, which would suck and could cause odd problems later.

Uniquness - I could easily see this changing to Uncommon Hero. As stated, he has no name as such, and without any bonding power, I can't see why people could draft more than 1 if they like, and use whichever minis they have.

Stats - feel thematically right compared with other C3G cards, but the points are probably too high. That'll probably be addressed right at the end of designing though.

Yautja Cloaking Device - fairly straight-forward. I like the water weakness. As in the film, landing in water messed it up. I can see a good counter-strategy of someone pushing him into water ready for a ranged attack and/or power.

Plasma Caster - if he doesn't move, the sighting locks in (hence the auto-skull). Not being used on adjacent figures is because he'd much rather fight a melee battle than just shoot. Swamp water = "He couldn't see me". It may seem trivial, but the theme is spot on and swamp water tiles usually make no difference, so it's good that they can be relevant. Ice Resistant immunity was because the Predator's vision is based on heat. I know the second film introduced alternative vision modes, but let's save that for another Predator. If the original Predator could have done that, Arnie would have been killed for sure! All characters with Ice Resistance are actually cold (Iceman, Icicle, Mr. Freeze etc.), so he'd be able to see Captain Cold, which it makes sense to me.

Self-Destruct Wrist Gauntlet - the theme is obvious, but I think playtesting may alter timing or range etc. As it stands at the moment, I can imagine some fun setups: a) your opponent kills him before it can explode - b) can be used to send opponents' figures running and/or destroy DOs - c) either side could push figures into his range - d) you could torment your opponent by using the X order marker so they always think he might explode - e) your opponent could take control of him and start the bomb, rendering him useless - f) figures who move order markers could set him off early etc. - sounds great fun!

Last edited by streaky2007; March 15th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer just calling him "Predator" or "The Predator" - future generic designs we could call "Yajuta Predator" or something like that, if there's ever even interest in them.

I don't like the fact that Plasma Caster has two unrelated immunities. I get your theme decision there, but I'd prefer to limit it to one; otherwise it seems too finnicky.

I'm also strongly against the use of a new marker here. There has to be SOME sort of way to avoid that... maybe utilize the "X" Marker?

Also, please format the first and second posts as you generally would with a Book.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd prefer just calling him "Predator" or "The Predator" - future generic designs we could call "Yajuta Predator" or something like that, if there's ever even interest in them.

Yautja is his species. That would be like releasing a new Cyclops card called Mutant Cyclops. I don't get that, but I'm happy to stick with Predator anyway.

I don't like the fact that Plasma Caster has two unrelated immunities. I get your theme decision there, but I'd prefer to limit it to one; otherwise it seems too finnicky.

He can only see heat, cold figures or ones covered in cold mud would be the same. It seems pretty uncomplicated to me. What do other people think?

I'm also strongly against the use of a new marker here. There has to be SOME sort of way to avoid that... maybe utilize the "X" Marker?

Why are you strongly against a marker? They're on dozens of cards, so I don't understand the objection here. I'm happier to hear more streamlined alternatives, but I can't see how the timer affect would work with the X marker.

Also, please format the first and second posts as you generally would with a Book.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lots of theme-y goodness here, I like what ya got, but would like to suggest that the Self Destruct not take a turn to activate before he can use it. It's cool theme, but unless it's on the 3rd OM and an initi switch he will probably be destroyed before he can get it off. I like revealing the X OM to go boom.

C3G team building links.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Quote:

Here you go.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think the swamp water immunity could be dropped, Arnie actually laid down in the muck and covered himself in mud to achieve that effect and simply stepping into ankle deep water is not the same thing.

I like the need to set the bomb and not having it instantly go off. The countdown in the movies is pretty classic and in Predator 2 he actually prevents the bomb from going off after being set.

*edit* Oh, and I like the uncommon hero approach. I can see myself fielding 2 or more of these guys.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM

Mini Pics:

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Quote:

Here you go.
Thanks for that

I think that's sorted now.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM

Possible backround pics:

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Comic Art

I forget, what is the desired size limitation for the comic art?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library