Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM

Gypsy has disabled reputation
Canadian Shipping

I just read a Thread that had Jab in it about How Expensive It Is to Ship to Canada....

That's Just Not True!!!!!!

I Ship Packages 5 or 6 Days out of 7, every week. I live in Kentucky, where I'm about as close as one can get, to the Center of the Continental United States.

I quit shipping Priority Mail because the Fine Buyers at eBay whine that it cost too much. Fine, no problem, First Class Mail only takes one day longer anyway.

Shipping Packages, First Class Mail, It costs between $ 2.50-$3.00 for any First Class package I send to Any destination in the Lower 48 states.

In the last month, including Trades made Here, I've shipped 4 Packages to Canada, The cheapest being $1.75, the Most expensive, being $1.90.

I can feel the Neg-Rep Button already, because I get it all the time from someone who hasn't the Cajones to Sign it, & Let's Face It, they're only Little Green Boxes that aren't Good Anywhere else, So, Let it Rip, My Nameless Nega-Dude.

But, Truly, unless You're doing something Wrong at the Post Office, It's cheaper to ship to Canada than the States. Not an Opinion, I do this everyday, & I'm fairly sure that I don't get any Special Mailing Rate, just because I happen to be Intelligent & Pleasing to the Eye.

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."

Last edited by Gypsy; February 24th, 2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Undue Criticism
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Excuse Me !?!?!?!

Who told you you were intelligent and pleasing to the eye?

It is more costly shipping to Canada if you are using International Priority Mail and adding in the additional tracking etc. It is also a bit more of a pain having to complete the customs forms. But really it is not some exorbitant amount to ship stuff there.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM

andyhartog Woo who?

I live in Canada, and get most of my figures online (figures here are hard to find). If I think the shipping is to high I don't buy it. Works for me that way.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
I can feel the Neg-Rep Button already, because I get it all the time from someone who hasn't the Cajones to Sign it, & Let's Face It, they're only Little Green Boxes that aren't Good Anywhere else, So, Let it Rip, My Nameless Nega-Dude.

You've been anonymously negrepped ONCE - last year - for a single point! Methinks you are just fishing for more of those valueless little green boxes

~Aldin, wondering which shipping post brought this on

ETA Gypsy is contending that the record I have is in error. I have asked Gypsy to further help identify any discrepancy.

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Last edited by Aldin; February 22nd, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

The said post is here.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

I shipped a 2 pound (1 pound 10 ounces...) to canada and it cost over 8.00$

what did i do wrong?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I ship to Canada all the time. It costs a little more than dometic postage, but not a lot.

All of our Canadian shipments go First Class International.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I can't say anything to the cost of shipping to Canada since I live here, but having things shipped from the U.S. is almost always in the range of double to triple the cost charged to U.S. customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I ship to Canada all the time. It costs a little more than dometic postage, but not a lot.

All of our Canadian shipments go First Class International.
I wish someone would explain this to HouseMouseGames.com because their shipping charges to Canada are WAY higher than to the US. Other websites are more reasonable but many have similarly high shipping costs for Canadian buyers.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

How does HMG ship to Canada? UPS?

UPS and FedEx are both more expensive then USPS shipments to Canada mainly because they control the package from departure to destination. USPS deliveries to Canada make it as far as the border and then the Canadian Postal Service takes it to its destination.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The title of this thread has nothing to do with the content. Please change this ridiculous title!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:12 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
How does HMG ship to Canada? UPS?

UPS and FedEx are both more expensive then USPS shipments to Canada mainly because they control the package from departure to destination. USPS deliveries to Canada make it as far as the border and then the Canadian Postal Service takes it to its destination.
USPS + insurance + tracking (according to the HMG site)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online