Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Parademon Shock Troopers

C3G DC WAVE 7
THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #007-009 / Parademon Scout.
Its model number and name are #203 / Pharzoof.

Character Bio - Darkseid's commonly used shock troopers are known throughout the galaxy as the front line of Darkseid's war against all life that reject his rule. These unintelligent grunts are equipped with technology that allow them to defy gravity, survive in deep space, and shatter steel with a single strike. Though their weaponry is powerful, these brutes are dumb and clumsy, but don't let your guard down, because they like to surround their prey and swing until they finally hit.... and hit hard.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As Invaders, Parademon Shock Troopers have these Invader Synergies.
  • Parademon Shock Troopers may be activated by Darkseid (II) with his Command And Conquer special power, and resurrected with his Omega Effect X special power.
  • Parademon Shock Troopers may be activated and resurrected with Steppenwolf's Apokoliptan Troop Movement and Escalating Invasion Force special powers.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Parademon Shock Troopers support Darkseid well; their Rule the Skies special power allows him to make multiple attempts with his Omega Effect Special Attack without being engaged easily.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Invaders

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:29 PM. Reason: png
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Parademon Shock Troopers

NAME = PARADEMON SHOCK TROOPERS

SPECIES = PARADEMONS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (2)
CLASS = INVADERS
PERSONALITY = INTREPID

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 80

RULE THE SKIES
Opponent's figures cannot use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph to pass over a Parademon Shock Trooper.

APOKOLIPTIAN WEAPONRY
When rolling attack dice, if a Parademon Shock Trooper rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable hit before rolling defense dice.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; January 27th, 2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Parademon Shock Troopers - Designing

In APOKOLYPTIAN WEAPONRY does the defending unit still roll defense against the 2 skulls rolled?

Cheers
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:36 PM

As long as they are still alive, yes. Why wouldn't they? There is nothing in the text that prevents them from defending against the normal attack.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Nice simple design, nothing I see right now to nitpick or improve.
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:54 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

All I have is a nitpick; are you planning a different set of Parademons as well, Griff? If not, why do we need the word Shock in the title? That is all I got. Great design!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 28th, 2011, 10:11 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool design. Can someone with Phantom Walk still go through them? Guessing yes.

100 points seems like a lot off hand.
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Go through is different than pass over, so, yeah, Phantom Walk would still work. They rule the sky, not the ground.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
All I have is a nitpick; are you planning a different set of Parademons as well, Griff? If not, why do we need the word Shock in the title? That is all I got. Great design!
I do plan on on using the other older Parademon at some point as a Common Hero Parademon Drill Sgt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Cool design. Can someone with Phantom Walk still go through them? Guessing yes.

100 points seems like a lot off hand.
Yeah, Phantom Walk would work against them.

Probably too high, but I will find out when I test.
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Would you guys mind looking this over and letting me know what you think?

C3G DC
(RELEASE SET)

Background:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are 007, 008, 009 / Parademon Scout.

NAME = PARADEMON SHOCK TROOPERS.

SPECIES = PARADEMONS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (X2)
CLASS = TROOPERS
PERSONALITY = INTREPID

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 100

RULE THE SKIES
Opponent's figures cannot use any Special Power on any Army Card or Glyph to pass over Parademon Shock Troopers.

APOKOLYPTIAN WEAPONRY
When rolling attack dice, if a Parademon Shock Trooper rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable hit.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Well I don't know anything about these guys other than what I've seen on the Justice League animated series and some other DC animated shows.

It's cool that they have a move that matches Darkseid's.

Their defense and flying will make them stout defenders and Rule the Skies will add to their defensive potential as not only it can keep opponents figures from getting to key spots on a map, but can help protect a teammate behind them from getting attacked and force an opponent's figure to use extra movement to go around. Certainly a neat new element for the game and strategy. Nice work.

Quote:
RULE THE SKIES
Opponent's figures cannot use any Special Power on any Army Card or Glyph to pass over Parademon Shock Troopers.
I believe I'm interpreting it correctly to mean that besides not being able to fly/swing/leap, an opponent's figure can't be thrown over the Parademons by a figure such as JG or Graviton. These guys would be a good counter for Red Tornado to be sure.

I don't know if this wording change helps, but I'll offer it just in case. Also,

Quote:
RULE THE SKIES
Opponent's figures cannot use any Special Power on any Army Card or Glyph to pass over a space occupied by a Parademon Shock Troopers.
Basically for Apokolyptian Weaponry, it will bypass any special defense if they roll all skulls when attacking. This would maybe make them keep on the same level as a figure they attack to make it easier to give auto wounds on figures like Batman, Spidey, Flash, Daredevil etc. They definitely need to be tested against those figures with special defenses. Their slow move and melee only attack should help to keep them in check, as well as a decent cost. But they could definitely be interesting counters to many different figures. The funny thing is that if they attack Darkseid, they have a 50% chance of wounding him because their attack will be down to 1 when engaged to him

Quote:
APOKOLYPTIAN WEAPONRY
When rolling attack dice, if a Parademon Shock Trooper rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable hit.
Overall I think they look pretty solid. I'd pay particular attention to figures they can counter during playtesting. I'd probably lean toward their cost being somewhat based on them being used as counters to special defense units and flyers/leapers/swingers. And that they'd also be used maybe to defend certain things such as glyphs or figures.

Nice job!
Thanks for the fast and helpful feedback.

The intention of Rule the Skies is to prevent figures from using any powers that specifically allow them to "pass over" like with flying or leaping, not be "placed" beyond like with Jean. If this isn't clear, then I think we need help figuring out how to make that clear, maybe just by making it a straight up "Flying" negation as it pertains to flying over them. Let me know what you think, and I am just gonna post this in the actual book. So if you don't mind, it would be cool if you wanted to comment there, but I will understand if you choose not to.

Thanks again, I really appreciate this.
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... that's an interesting point on Rule the Skies. My first inclination would be that because you're not really moving through a space when you're placed, in placement powers you're not really passing over the figure, even if their space is being counted. Thematically you may be, but not in terms of the game mechanics.
So I'd lean towards the current wording not supporting the idea of the power blocking Jean Grey's throw or something like that. Basically I'd interpret it the way it's intended right now.
Might be FAQ fodder, but I'm not sure if the wording needs to be changed, because I believe it's currently correct.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old April 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM

I do agree, mostly, but if we were to make a change, would we be ok with making the power flying specific to remove all doubt or lack of clarity?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library