Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old January 25th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

japes, when I am on my laptop I will try to link so me CURA settings I found for the Ender.

It you search Ender 3 on YouTube and Google you will fit nd some good stuff.
Old January 26th, 2019, 11:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
japes, when I am on my laptop I will try to link so me CURA settings I found for the Ender.

It you search Ender 3 on YouTube and Google you will fit nd some good stuff.
I've been doing that a lot lately.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 27th, 2019, 12:02 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Look for the siepie profile, it’s a good starting point. I tweaked there as I learned how to print. 1 tip, don’t use the cura default supports, they’re a pain. Use the tree supports (in the “experimental” settings menu) or make your own. I’ve had awesome prints that broke as I pulled the default supports off.
I’ve also added a few upgrades and use soft PLA so the minis bend but don’t break, but I would play around with the stock printer for a few weeks at least before you start thinking about what could be improved.
Old February 14th, 2019, 05:05 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

Is there a separate thread to talk printer (Ender 3) settings/issues?
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Is there a separate thread to talk printer (Ender 3) settings/issues?
No. But feel free to ask them here or in the terrain thread.

And I just realized I should have posted my figure pics in this thread.
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:03 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

(moved from terrain thread)
I took some of the higher resolution original Aquilla's Alliance scans and made them into .stl files. Zelrig, Gurei-Oni, and Sujoah are higher resolution than the ones I posted before. I'll post the new files soon.

And just in case anyone wants to order:

Aquilla's Alliance
Zelrig $6.50
Sujoah $4.50
Gurei-Oni $3.00
Wo-Sa-Ga $4.00
Zetacron $2.00
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:04 PM

(moved from terrain thread)
I'm loving my Ender 3!

I'll soon be sharing my higher resolution files of the Granite Guardians and the Quasatch Hunters and my improved version of Sir Gilbert with a stronger flagpole. I'll also be sharing my versions of all these figures with added supports (so they should print directly from the file with no extra supports needed). My supports were especially helpful on the Vipers.

Oh, and the bases are hollow with a grid pattern inside, so they can be printed at 100% infill (stronger for the figures, and uses less material on the base).

Old February 14th, 2019, 09:05 PM

(copied from terrain thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Awesome! Do you have a lot of issues removing supports?
That's the one thing that I've had problems with printing figures.
I've used the stock Ender 3 supports for larger figures and it's worked pretty well. But I wouldn't trust them on something as fragile as a Venoc Viper. Mostly I use Blender to add custom tree supports:

It takes a little trial and error (some failed prints) to get the supports right, but once they are dialed in it makes removing them pretty easy. First I cut (melt through) them with a hot tool. Then I remove the supports with dykes and then clean everything up with the hot tool.

(If I don't cut through with a hot tool first, the dykes will try to force the two halves of the supports apart as they cut which stressed the rest of the part and can break legs or other features.)
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those new dzu te/quasatch sculpt detail is awesome. How did you get them more high res? I anticipate getting to print a set or two of those. Time to unjam the filament in my print head and get ready for when you drop the files to try these out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 14th, 2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Those new dzu te/quasatch sculpt detail is awesome. How did you get them more high res? I anticipate getting to print a set or two of those. Time to unjam the filament in my print head and get ready for when you drop the files to try these out.
3DF Zephyr is awesome! I take 40 pictures of the figure as I spin it around, using a deep focal length and a high resolution. In 3DF Zephyr, there is a difficult to find option to use ultra processing on the images. It takes about 12 hours to make a 3d model from photographs, but as you can see with the dzu-teh the detail is worth it!

I'll slowly be scanning more figures (of the ones I have) and posting the models.
Old February 14th, 2019, 11:33 PM

New 3D models with supports

Ones with the Ultra designation are really good quality models. Ones with the (higher res) designation are higher resolution than I've posted before. Ones with no designation are just the low resolution models with supports.

DELETED now that files are on Thingiverse

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old February 15th, 2019, 08:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
New 3D models with supports

Ones with the Ultra designation are really good quality models. Ones with the (higher res) designation are higher resolution than I've posted before. Ones with no designation are just the low resolution models with supports.

Granite Guardian squad (ultra)
Greenscale Warriors squad (higher res)
Gurei-Oni (higher res)

Knights of Weston

Princess Leia

Quasatch Hunters squad (ultra)

Sir Gilbert

Sujoah body, Sujoah wings (left) (you'll need to mirror in your slicer program for the other side) (higher res)

Venoc Viper 1
Venoc Viper 2
Venoc Viper 3

Wo-Sa-Ga

Zelrig (higher res)
You are amazing WK. I'm starting my first batch of Quasatches now. I'm going to use my speed setting at a 70% infill. I have a fairly decent wall setting so it should keep the strength ok. I just might have to fill the small holes left at the pre formed supports with a little of the filament used from the support with the hot tool. I'm super excited for these though. Which figures do you not have? Maybe my brother and I can try to do those ones.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing