Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My pieces melted!! :( :( :(

So I decide to let a friend take my HS stuff over to his place for a few days. Unfortunately, my figs are unceremoniously carried in an old popcorn tin barely large enough to fit them.

So said friend left them in the back of his SUV over the course of a Texas afternoon and, well, I've got a few chernobyl babies if you know what I mean. Most aren't too bad or even noticable but the worst of the lot has got to be poor Su-Bak-Na. Somebody didn't get his V8 this morning... Raelin suffered a similar fate. I thought she had it bad standing on her tiptoes all day to begin with, now she's in a perpetual state of falling on her face.

Does anyone know how I might at least right the figs so they stand up properly again? I try to simply bend them with my hands but they quickly revert back to instability. HELP!
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I believe a pot of boiling water is in order, no I am not joking just be careful.
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:30 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
You may want to sent this over to Customization, those are the guys who might know how to fix them.

Old May 28th, 2006, 06:47 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
ouch man...that has got to sux
try heating them up slowly..the pot of hot water might werk...just dont let it get to a boil...

otherwise ye might be screwed

Raelin is wave 1 or the MS? I cant remember and my cards are put up right now.

if she's from the MS or if ye need a few MS fiqures man, I could drop ye some of mine.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez

if she's from the MS or if ye need a few MS fiqures man, I could drop ye some of mine.

cheers
Rod
Yeah, Raelin's from the master set. The offer is too cool of you, Rod.

I have extra Raelin's as well.

Sorry, no extra S-B-N
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:20 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
boiling water should work, if you look at heroscae codex 2 then on like pg 36 I think it will show you how to redo those knights of weston to the barrer of weston so that might help.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:37 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
velenne,

I, too, have plenty of master sets. Lemme know if you're needing any of those.

That sucks big time, but if you buy another Su-Bak-Na, maybe, that could break the dam that is holding up Wave 4.5.

I know it's no laughing matter. It absolutely sucks!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:52 PM
ultradoug

thats bane man I'd totaly put your friend in a pop corn tin in the car for awhile to see how he likes it! >_< if you nead any figures pm me I'll let you know if I have extras, I belvie the hot water can mold them back into shape, then freeze them in freezer to make them hard again... not sure.
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
A hair dryer has worked form me. Heat it up. Reposition it. Let it cool or run cold water on it.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Hair Dryer works

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart
This (a post about melting) seems to happen every year around this time...

The key to getting your figs back to normal (assuming they are droopy and not totally melted) is to heat them back up, and while hot, shape them as they should be, then cool them immediately and quickly.

I believe the best strategy discovered so far is to use a hair-dryer to heat up your figure to the point where it is supple, then

re-shape it as you wish, then

dunk the figure (*not* the base) into a pot of super cold water & ice until it hardens in the position you want.

Good Luck!

P.S. Any chance the mods could post some kind of seasonally appropriate "warning" to new scapers:

DO NOT LEAVE YOUR FIGURES IN HIGH-TEMPERATURE ENVIRONMENTS (e.g. hot cars) OR THEY WILL DROOP.

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:39 PM
ultradoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendBayes
P.S. Any chance the mods could post some kind of seasonally appropriate "warning" to new scapers:

DO NOT LEAVE YOUR FIGURES IN HIGH-TEMPERATURE ENVIRONMENTS (e.g. hot cars) OR THEY WILL DROOP.
done!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units