Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old January 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
So I went looking for wave six today and stopped by my local wally world...and there it was the big Marvelscape sticker. Now what really stinks is that this was not in its own spot...oh no. Instead they pushed all of the HS stuff over eliminating about half the room for that stuff and gave it to Marvelscape. I sure hope this is not the sign of things to come but I am bettin it is.
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:51 AM

Venandier has disabled reputation
Ya me and my buddy went to Walmart at 11:30 tonight and talked to lady in the toys w/a scanner and she said that trucks bearing 10,000 units are coming in Tuesday night and the entire store is being restocked. Bad weather has delayed many trucks. So Wednesday afternoon we're heading up and checking it out.

I wish we could get an army of dwarves, fully armed and filthy.
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
So I went looking for wave six today and stopped by my local wally world...and there it was the big Marvelscape sticker. Now what really stinks is that this was not in its own spot...oh no. Instead they pushed all of the HS stuff over eliminating about half the room for that stuff and gave it to Marvelscape. I sure hope this is not the sign of things to come but I am bettin it is.
Well, if your Walmart is anything like mine (and I'm betting they all are) then you should worry too much. The Castles also pushed everything out of the way initially, but then they were clearanced and moved. I'm betting the same will happen with Marvelscape.

Old January 15th, 2007, 01:45 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Interesting that there are shelf tags at K-Mart. I haven't noticed any there, but now I'll have to go check if I can't find it at WM.

I'm going away on business for a little while. I'll be out of the HS news loop for a while but I'm hoping that when I return on the way home from the airport I'll be able to swing by the local WM and be pleasantly surprised to find some Marvel AND some Wave Six! (hope hope hope)

Oh who am I kidding? I'll probably waste a ton of time hunting around for an internet connection so that I can keep up to date and hear about the stats the day they are released and jot them all down on a little scrap of paper so that on the flight home I can figure out how best to use them and what they have synergy with, if anything.....nothing says "I have a problem and need help" like being in awesomely fun cities but feeling a compulsive need to use an overpriced hotel or convention center credit-card operated business center computer to get the latest info on little plastic toys....and uh, check my e-mail I guess....yeah, that's what I'm doing. Checking my e-mail to stay in touch like a good driven professional. Yeah....yeah....if the IRS asks that's what the receipt was for.
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Well, since this game looks like it's going to be delayed for a while, let me just say that I think their choices for figures was a little odd.

Hulk - Like
Abomination - Huh?
Captain America - Meh
Red Skull - Who?
Iron Man - Could be cool
Dr. Doom - Favorite villain... must have
Spider-man - Meh, but must be in there, right?
Venom - Super meh
Silver Surfer - Good god, why?
Thanos - Jesus!

And I don't really LIKE Hulk all that much, but like Spiderman he's one of the best known and should be part of the opening group of figures. I'm all for variety, but some of these I wouldn't bother buying in a booster pack. I'd much rather see Doctor Octopus or Thor or Magneto or even Wolverine (which really surprises me that he's not in the lineup).

I really want this game and now, but I'll be honest and say that if the delay is due to revamping the lineup I won't be too upset.
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM

jdm61802 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej

Spider-man - Meh, but must be in there, right?
Um, yes. Considering that Spidey is Marvel's biggest money maker, it would probably be a good idea that they included him in the starter set.
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I think it's a logical choice for their starting line up.

They match each hero with a closely powered adversary.

Hulk vs. Abomination. Brute strength vs. brute strength. The only other option I can see would be the Juggernaut, although it appears that the X-men have been purposely left out. The Juggernaut doesn't really have a deep history with the Hulk either.

Captain America vs. The Red Skull. They've had a history since World War II. Other than possibly Baron Zemo, I can't think of a greater adversary to Cap.

Iron Man vs. Doctor Doom. The one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I guess they are shying away from the team groups like the Fantastic Four. I guess with the resources and the technology, they kind of have something in common.

Spider-man vs. Venom. Obvious.

Silver Surfer vs. Thanos. The Silver Surfer is one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel's universe. Thanos is one of the coolest villains who has immense power. I think they wanted to through a little galactic superhero fued in the mix. With the new Fantastic Four movie, I'm sure they are going to give the SS a little boost.

Old January 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
I think the lineup of characters was chosen very carefully and appropriately. First of all, they gave us characters that represent a wide range of power levels. Red Skull and Captain America are human level characters, who's main purpose will probably be to bolster other characters. Silver Surfer and Thanos are virtually indestructible gods, who could easily slap Hulk around. The other characters represent more mid-leval characters in terms of power. Why is this good? Because if they choose to make expansions, they could make characters of ANY level, and you will have at least two characters from the master set (a hero and an equally powered villain), that are on their level.

Second, most of the figures represent Marvel's most popular and essential characters. The X-Men have been left out, because they will undoubtedly be the first expansion, and Hasbro doesn't have to worry about X-Men selling fast.

Alternative? Well, yes, they could have put Doc Ock or Green Goblin instead of Venom, but Venom is very popular, he's a very close match for Spider Man, and he is going to be in the upcoming movie.

Silver Surfer and Thanos are a good "God-Like" pair. Yeah, they could have put Thor in there instead of Surfer, but Thor looks a lot like the Sentinels, and they probably didn't want to make ALL of the characters Avengers. Plus, Silver Surfer vs. Thanos is just a cool, classic match-up. None of Thor's villains are really that powerful or popular. Loki would be lame compared to Thanos. Silver Surfer is also going to be in the fantastic four movie, so I'm sure they expect him to be popular.

Abomination does seem like an odd choice, but really, he is the closest match to Hulk. The Rhino is more popular, but really not as powerful. Abomination can rip Hulk up, and there is talk that the Abomination will be the villain in the Hulk movie sequel, so he's pretty essential.

Doom, Spider Man, Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man are simply essential to any complete Marvel game.

I love the character line-up. I think it's really well chosen and I hope they don't change it, unless they do add Wolverine and Sabretooth. But I have a feeling that we will be seeing X-Men within six months.

The only thing I wonder is when we will see the "Gotham" or "Justice League "expansion.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
The only thing I wonder is when we will see the "Gotham" or "Justice League "expansion.
Probably when it's not under the "Marvel Legends" moniker
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:40 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Let's just say that most of the characters in the starter set are those I didn't follow during my comic-reading days... six months ago.

And let's also just say that I'm looking forward to purchasing the X-Men, another X-Men, X-Men villains, more X-Men villains, and... and... uh... pretty much X-Men figure packs.
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:53 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Let's just say that most of the characters in the starter set are those I didn't follow during my comic-reading days... six months ago.

And let's also just say that I'm looking forward to purchasing the X-Men, another X-Men, X-Men villains, more X-Men villains, and... and... uh... pretty much X-Men figure packs.
The heroes and villains they chose are those tried and true from my comic reading days: 1981-1995.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM

mechastar has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
Yeah, they could have put Thor in there instead of Surfer, but Thor looks a lot like the Sentinels, and they probably didn't want to make ALL of the characters Avengers.
Nearly all of Marvel's heroes (and some villains), have been in some incarnation of the Avengers at some point. I don't think Surfer was one, but I'm not 100% about that. Everybody else in the set is/has been one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News