Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

NOTE: this digresses from D&D Wave 3 speculation. Maybe D&D Wave 4...

If Large Hero expansion sets become a thing of the past - one possibility to "re-introduce" them could be including a Hero's "parts" inside each booster. For example; A normally distributed small wave (three un/commons, one heroes) could have three body parts inserted into each common pack. Wings in one package, body in another, legs and base in a third. Hasbro's Marvel action figures employ this gimmick alot.

On a marketing positive, it would further encourage buyers to purchase the wave's entire set. Multiples if the big Hero was Uncommon.
On a marketing negative, it still leaves a limited demand for the 4th unique heroes pack. Further, parts distribution would almost certainly require new molds & probably new sculpts. I bet WOTC wouldn't currently find this fiscally prudent. Ah well...

Reminder; every dragon (except Charros) require assembly.
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:02 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post

What about the last 2%??
They're acceptable

Still great picks

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM

rasputen4565 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcula View Post
NOTE: this digresses from D&D Wave 3 speculation. Maybe D&D Wave 4...

If Large Hero expansion sets become a thing of the past - one possibility to "re-introduce" them could be including a Hero's "parts" inside each booster. For example; A normally distributed small wave (three un/commons, one heroes) could have three body parts inserted into each common pack. Wings in one package, body in another, legs and base in a third. Hasbro's Marvel action figures employ this gimmick alot.

On a marketing positive, it would further encourage buyers to purchase the wave's entire set. Multiples if the big Hero was Uncommon.
On a marketing negative, it still leaves a limited demand for the 4th unique heroes pack. Further, parts distribution would almost certainly require new molds & probably new sculpts. I bet WOTC wouldn't currently find this fiscally prudent. Ah well...

Reminder; every dragon (except Charros) require assembly.
I'm not sure if that would go down very well with everyone. Personally I don't really like that idea. It forces people to buy multiples of packs that they don't want in order to get multiples of the super big awesome uncommon (if not unique) hero.

I wonder what ever happened to my huge Gallactus action figure...

I know, I know, I spelled it wrong on purpose.
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think I would leave pieces out of the unique pack. That way if you bought loads of commons you wouldn't have to buy more uniques to make the pieces worthwhile. I would be fine with this if it was kept to the common packs. Although this would likely raise the price of the common packs higher than the unique, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Old July 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I don't like the idea. I just want straight up figures in my packs. I never did like this buy more than one pack to get one figure thing.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:45 AM

Wzrd1 is surprisingly tart

Hmm...

Methinks the similarity in visage is uncanny...

After some rigorous testing, it has been confirmed that Mr. Chimera is, in fact, the father!

Last edited by Wzrd1; July 7th, 2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:25 AM

rihnoswirl Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
I like these

id love to play this guy

and this could possibly be the lightning breathing aquilla dragon.
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

What do we want in D3? Especially since it could be the last D&D Wave; at least for a while.

1. A D-Rider for the Drow (half Drow half Big Spider).
2. A Dragonfolk hero (so it doesn't take a year to get one out).

And..?
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

3. Sahuagin Baron (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30642)
4. Giant Spider
5. Halflings squad

Last edited by Good Pig; July 7th, 2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Found the custom thread
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Lizardfolk not Dragonfolk.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
What do we want in D3? Especially since it could be the last D&D Wave; at least for a while.

1. A D-Rider for the Drow (half Drow half Big Spider).
2. A Dragonfolk hero (so it doesn't take a year to get one out).

And..?
Flesh out the elementals [pun not intended].
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wouldn't mind seeing the Archons. A lot of people were mad because they weren't used instead of the Elementals.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pack with the four of them as somewhat cheap (50-110 points )uncommon heros.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News