Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old December 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Preview Week 1

For a while people have been voicing there opinions about stuff they would want WotC to do. On multiple occasions people have mentioned the production of small theme-pack sets with a medium sized amount of terrain and some themed characters....
I see this DnD-scape as Wizards heeding our suggestions....

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I'm guessing the rules will say something to the effect of:

"Common heroes/squads only require one army card for any number of squads/heroes. Uncommon heroes require one card for each hero you have in your army."

I'm guessing an order marker will allow you to take a turn with any one you control. Maybe there will be a set of other colored wound markers that you could put a blue one on Troll #1's base and card, a green one on Troll #2's base and card, and a black one on Troll #3's base and card.

There were 4 treasure glyphs that can be seen in the Gencon display pictures. The description might just be an official recognition of those glyphs, but the description alludes to stuff that isn't pictured. I'm thinking that Wave 11 and 12 just might have Treasure/Equipment glyphs in them. That would give us 12 of them.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:37 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Review by Nukatha:

Figures: There's just something about them that seems very different. However, I do feel that Darrak, the troll, and the dragon fit the scape theme very well. Without getting into reused sculpts, I've got one gripe: Why aren't the humans from Earth, the Dwarf/Elves/Drow/Troll from Feylund, and the Dragon from Icaria? Why "Toril
Because Toril is the world where Forgotten Realms takes place, where the Underdark is and where these Humans were actually pulled from. It would make less sense if they were from Earth as they have magical abilities that doesn't exactly mesh with any humans from Earth that I know

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Review by Nukatha:

Figures: There's just something about them that seems very different. However, I do feel that Darrak, the troll, and the dragon fit the scape theme very well. Without getting into reused sculpts, I've got one gripe: Why aren't the humans from Earth, the Dwarf/Elves/Drow/Troll from Feylund, and the Dragon from Icaria? Why "Toril
Because Toril is the world where Forgotten Realms takes place, where the Underdark is and where these Humans were actually pulled from. It would make less sense if they were from Earth as they have magical abilities that doesn't exactly mesh with any humans from Earth that I know
Yeah, because then people would complain about them being from Earth:

"Z0mg how can they be from earth if they has magicks? huh? HUH?!?!?!"

No, I agree that it is better that they aren't from Earth.
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:48 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
There were 4 treasure glyphs that can be seen in the Gencon display pictures. The description might just be an official recognition of those glyphs, but the description alludes to stuff that isn't pictured. I'm thinking that Wave 11 and 12 just might have Treasure/Equipment glyphs in them. That would give us 12 of them.
i really hope there are more treasure glyphs, and i think there will be. four are hardly enough to make substantial additions to the game, especially on large maps. even with a couple of sets, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to use all the equipment glyphs you have on a big map, assuming they only affect the army card controlling them.

i think treasure glyphs are pretty much the coolest addition to scape in DnDscape, so i'm definitely hoping for and expecting more in waves 11 and 12.
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:52 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How exciting! Very happy. This stuff is fairly old news by now but confirmations are just as good. Confirmed uncommon hero, very awesome. Common squad in there so it justifies my buying 5. I'm really hoping the scenarios are something else in this master set because I think that has been something that has been lacking a little if one good say Heroscape is lacking in something.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

So the Wizard IS an Eladrin, not an elf. Glad that little tidbit of information was released.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:59 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

i'm actually kind of disappointed with the rules for shadow tiles. they're basically just like jungle trees. i was hoping for something like, you can't use ranged attacks when standing on a shadow space, and you can't be hit by ranged attacks when standing on a shadow space.

i guess i can always use custom rulesets... but for tourneys, it's not the same.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:07 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder if the heroes work together sort of like the elf wizard magic party. I hope they are not too tied together.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
Quote:
i really hope there are more treasure glyphs, and i think there will be. four are hardly enough to make substantial additions to the game, especially on large maps. even with a couple of sets, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to use all the equipment glyphs you have on a big map, assuming they only affect the army card controlling them.

i think treasure glyphs are pretty much the coolest addition to scape in DnDscape, so i'm definitely hoping for and expecting more in waves 11 and 12.
I think that they only affect the figure carrying them. One might be the equivalent of a +1 sword, for example. I think that it is alluded to in a post by Grungebob somewhere talking about being able to use more than one set and using it to simulate leveling.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:22 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
Quote:

I think that they only affect the figure carrying them. One might be the equivalent of a +1 sword, for example. I think that it is alluded to in a post by Grungebob somewhere talking about being able to use more than one set and using it to simulate leveling.
Then perhaps the thing is, that only a Unique Hero may pick them up, and they can only carry three at a time. I'm seeing a lot more connections to GB's cryptic reccomendation to buy three of these sets lately.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:21 AM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Looking forward to this set, I just hope that many of these figures are tournment viable.

I hope the dwarf can be an alternative to Migol.

I hope the human is a viable figure, really like the sculpt.

I hope the healer is viable in a game dominated by commons. Yet not to powerful so that she makes Q 9, raelin even more inbalanced.

Looking forward to seeing how the drow and their hero work together.

Am very intreasted in the shadow tiles. I think they would be a great addeation to the game. IF they do start making their ways into tournment maps, they would have to be properlly thought out. Raelin sitting on one of those on high ground with the Krav leading the way... Thats a scary thing to face.

Overall though cant wait to play!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News