Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 6th, 2008, 07:28 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Midwest or Upper Midwest Heroscape Tour

Midwest or Upper Midwest Heroscape Tour?

Just thought I throw this out to see what interest is out there. I don’t like things to get too formal or organized however in order to plan out your calendar it may be helpful to known when and were larger HS tourneys are going to be held.

Here is what we kind of informally ended up with based on past history in the Midwest. Or what I would call the Midwest or maybe Upper Midwest Tour … TBD

MAJOR Heroscape Tounaments in the Midwest:

JAN- IL ?
FEB- IL ?
MARMN ,Austin HS Championship (est 2006)
APRWI, (est 2009) April 18? Madison "Madtown Spring Fling"
MAYIL, ? (est 2009) http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21840
JUNMN,(est 2009) Twin Cities Annual Tournament
JULMO/KS, KC Hextreme Mayhem (est 2009)
AUGIN ,Gen-Con (est 2006)
SEPMN ,Rochester’s Gamers Reunion (est 2008 )
OCTIA ,Tree Town Open (est 2005) http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=20643
NOVNE ,Nebraska Skirmish (est 2007) http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=16979
DEC

I know the Twin Cities had HS events but not a revolving one as of yet. Kansas City has had several tourneys but again I’m not aware of one big reoccurring one, which would be great. Ill/Chicago is also similar to the KC group. Not all these tournaments would have to be the same style - I think a team tourney thrown in the mix somewhere may be a good idea ... but it is all up to you as what you want to do, I am only doing one tourny and I am sticking with the original TTO format.

Any interest? Could use some yearly events in IL, MO, WI, Twin Cities area? Again I hate to suggest having fun things get organized …but what do you think?

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Last edited by Codeman; February 28th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Midwest or Upper Midwest Heroscape Tour

There's no problem with fun things getting organized. In fact, it can make it that much more fun.

What you might want to do is think about organizing a large group for your geographical area. I know that NESA (North Eastern Scapers Association) and OVAH (Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers) are in existence. Maybe think about getting something like that going for your area.
Old October 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

We're holding the first WI tournament that I know of for NHD. Once we're past that and see how well it goes, we can start thinking about another one.
Old October 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
There's no problem with fun things getting organized. In fact, it can make it that much more fun.

I just wanted to be careful, in my experience ( which I have some ) I have found that many times organizing to much can take the fun right out of things. Doesn't mean it will it just means we have to be careful so we don't take the fun out of it.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old October 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
We're holding the first WI tournament that I know of for NHD. Once we're past that and see how well it goes, we can start thinking about another one.
Yes I see WI is on the map of NHSD - good luck on your tourney

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post

I just wanted to be careful, in my experience ( which I have some ) I have found that many times organizing to much can take the fun right out of things. Doesn't mean it will it just means we have to be careful so we don't take the fun out of it.
Understandable. To each his own I guess, just offering a friendly suggestion.
Old October 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I sincerely hope we can organize a UMHA (Upper Midwest Heroscapers Association) or something of the sort. Let me know if there is going to be any action on this end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I really wish I lived farther south.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
I really wish I lived farther south.
Aren't you right outside Minneapolis? There must be games there.

Or was that just a general lament about living in the cold?
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Personally, I think it's a great idea. A midwest Heroscape team would be awesome. Organized play, I think, would help a lot.
Old October 10th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, how do we get this going? What is the next step? Does anyone know how NESA or OVAH started? What did they do at first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 10th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
So, how do we get this going? What is the next step? Does anyone know how NESA or OVAH started? What did they do at first?
Someone just has to start organizing it.

We shouldn't even have to be having this discussion in my opinion. I remember when Legend of the Five Rings came out, I was offered a position as an official local promoter. I didn't take it, but local promoters were given free product and had backing to do demos and run games at local stores. We're on our own, which is a sad and sorry state, especially after so many years.

Anyway, if you want to get this started, start organizing locally and then we can talk about cross-league events. I'm just getting the Madison area organized. If we can get something going between us and the Chicago area, maybe we'll start seeing more of a response from Milwaukee and then we'll have a nice little triangle of organized events. I haven't heard a peep out of the Rockford area, so who knows about them.

The local organizations have to come first though and that means weekly games and league ranking play just like Warhammer or Warmachine. Us Heroscapers are way behind in this stuff and we need that kind of organization to stay viable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion