Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 15th, 2024, 02:38 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Seconding IAmBatman on Cornered. It's simple conceptually, but no C3V figure has a similar power if I remember correctly. Cornered could also create interesting strategic decisions, since it encourages opponents to try to push aggressively to defeat Rieka before the end of the game.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old February 15th, 2024, 04:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ooh, I really like the theme on Cornered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
Seconding IAmBatman on Cornered. It's simple conceptually, but no C3V figure has a similar power if I remember correctly. Cornered could also create interesting strategic decisions, since it encourages opponents to try to push aggressively to defeat Rieka before the end of the game.
And Dad_Scaper makes 3. I'll talk to mac 122!

Old February 15th, 2024, 05:46 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

As much as I like the Rogues, based n the discussion around Dances with Wolves, and her new power, I've asked @mac122 to change Rieka the Wolf's Class to Fighter.

Human Female Barbarian - Pathfinder Icons of the Realms

RIEKA THE WOLF
General: Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Fighter, Ferocious, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 4, Attack 4, Defense 4

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Rieka the Wolf attacks, she may attack one additional time.

GOING FOR THE THROAT
If Rieka the Wolf wounds an adjacent opponent's figure with her first attack, and attacks that figure again, that figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice.

CORNERED
If Rieka the Wolf is the last remaining figure in your army, add 1 to her Attack and Defense.

P.S.: Let me take this opportunity to, again, thank the members of the Gang (@chas, @Taeblewalker , @Sherman Davies , and our newest member, @ThrasherDarkrai), @mac122, @Dad_Scaper , @SkyWhale, @Dr.Goomonkey , @Blue Trails , @BiggaBullfrog , @IAmBatman, and everyone ever associated with the SoV (and anyone I may have missed) for indulging my custom obsessions, recently and over the years.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 15th, 2024 at 09:18 PM.
Old February 16th, 2024, 12:04 AM

Well met!

Two cards for testing (thanks to @mac122). Both related, believe it or not, to Martial La Hire. Apples and oranges to each other, but both passed through the fire that is @Dad_Scaper.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 16th, 2024 at 09:00 AM.
Old February 16th, 2024, 03:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great looking cards. I like Cornered too! Its a fine simple idea, in the Scape tradition.
Old February 16th, 2024, 09:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Great looking cards. I like Cornered too! Its a fine simple idea, in the Scape tradition.
Those are my favorite types of abilities - where it's simple and elegant but the theme just pops.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 16th, 2024, 10:26 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

I too like the thematics of Cornered, but wonder how it will actually play in a game. Might end up making her more of a target when she doesn't have any OMs yet, or create a situation in which your opponent chooses to ignore a lone squad figure. And it doesn't quite force it, but makes saving her for the endgame the best option.
Old February 16th, 2024, 10:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I will be interested to see if the final new official AOA cards likewise properly mirror the ethos of our game! We'll know in less than two weeks now, since February is the short month!
Old February 16th, 2024, 11:51 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
I too like the thematics of Cornered, but wonder how it will actually play in a game. Might end up making her more of a target when she doesn't have any OMs yet, or create a situation in which your opponent chooses to ignore a lone squad figure. And it doesn't quite force it, but makes saving her for the endgame the best option.
Interesting discussion. Building an army with her in it, I might go with heroes only, or only a couple of common squads (or a unique squad like the Ninjas of the Northern Wind), such that none are left in the Start Zone, and played aggressively to make it difficult to ignore any single figure.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 16th, 2024 at 03:23 PM.
Old February 16th, 2024, 04:19 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Thrasher Darkrai will be over on Monday to build the map for his Wednesday game. I've discussed it a bit with him, but he always knows what he is doing.
Just talked to chas. Thrasher will begin building around 11:00. I'll show up at around Noon, to playtest Ravenwolf and Rieka the Wolf. Tentatively, at 600 points, we'll field the following armies for them.

Ravenwolf
150 Romans x 3
150 Major Q10
115 Ravenwolf
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
35 Nottingham Brigand
600 points, 19 spaces

Quote:
Cornered could also create interesting strategic decisions, since it encourages opponents to try to push aggressively to defeat Rieka before the end of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
And it doesn't quite force it, but makes saving her for the endgame the best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
"Building an army with her in it, I might go with heroes only, . . ."
Rieka the Wolf
140 Racheim
120 Tandros Kreel
115 Rieka the Wolf
115 Ashi-Dhulu
110 Rhogar Dragonspine
600 points, 6 spaces

Of course, we wouldn't mind some company . . .

P.S.: We could play them against each other.

P.P.S.: Of course, DW9000 would probably be better than Racheim here, duh! But not as interesting or as much fun.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 16th, 2024 at 07:49 PM.
Old February 18th, 2024, 04:06 PM

Well met!

Rieka the Wolf is totally standalone. Ravenwolf could be, but in a Disciplined, as opposed to ferocious manner.

Valeros, Human Fighter
Pathfinder's Iconic Heroes Evolved

RAVENWOLF
General: Einar
Human, Unique Hero, Fighter, Disciplined, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 4, Defense 4

DOUBLE ASSAULT
When Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent figure or destructible object, he may attack one additional time.

MASTER AT ARMS
When Ravenwolf rolls attack or defense dice against a normal attack, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull or shield, respectively, to whatever is rolled. Add 3 to your roll if attacking or defending against an adjacent figure.

P.S.: This was in response to wrigzz: "I'll be happy to not seeing another monk, rogue, lawman or ninja for a while." Dad_Scaper called this "meh," so we'll stick with:

Last edited by kolakoski; February 19th, 2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old February 19th, 2024, 08:49 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool units! I think I prefer the version of Ravenwolf that uses Bash and Slash over Double Assault; both powers offer a valuable choice between attacking safely from afar with Ravenwolf's major-league Range and Attack or taking a risk by closing the distance to finish off a priority target, which is a solid gameplay experience, but Bash and Slash is a little more interesting because it has more counter-play. With Double Assault, Ravenwolf can kite for as long as he needs and always have a double-attacking power to fall back on when he's caught, whereas with Bash and Slash an opponent can mitigate the threat Ravenwolf poses by engaging him first to force him to "lose" his second attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards