Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old March 13th, 2008, 03:04 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Santa Fe, NM 'Scapers?

Hey everyone!
I'm just seeing if there are any Santa Fe HSers out there. I know there is already a NM thread, but I was looking just for Santa Fe-ers, and there didn't seem to be any. If this should be locked, sorry for posting this, but I'm desperate for some non-family Scapers.
So, If your a Santa Fe Scaper, post here or PM me.
Thanks!!!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM

TexMex Woo who?
Hey Surfer!
I feel your pain! I'm in Las Vegas (an hour away), and Santa Fe is definitely a more feasible drive for me and Mrs. TexMex than Albuquerque. Of course, there are some players in Albuquerque (also an hour away from you) and they might be persuaded to make the trip. Trouble is, all the other NM 'Scapers are spread around the state, and Albuquerque is the most central location. The other problem with Santa Fe is finding a place to play; incidently, we were in Moon Rabbit Toys the other day and I was thinking it would be a great place to host a demo-day. The owner's really cool and she loves games (she taught us how to play Zombie Flux!). But that place is kinda small. Anyway, I'm rambling. Point is, while I'm with you, I don't think the majority will be. But have faith; new 'Scapers are born every day from the looks of this site
TexMex

The Daily Pugle
Albuquerque, NM-NHSD Tourney 2008 Results:
TexMex: 2nd Place
Mrs. TexMex: 8th Place--Out of 10
PS I lost every battle in my first tourney
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Actually, I have a great place to play...if my parents will let me. My dad recently became the pastor of a small church, and we happen to live in the fellowship hall in the back of the church currently, so if I can ever host a tounament, we can have it right here. But, like I said earlier, the problem is getting my parents to agree. And another downside is that there isn't a TrU within an hour drive from here, but allwell. I just hope I find someone to play with soon...(sigh...)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old March 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
Hey guys,
If you do get around to playing a game in SF, PM me. I might try and come. Surfer, since your a minor, make sure it would be cool with your folks prior to setting anything up. Texmex and I are probably twice your age (but I sure don't feel it sometimes). I sure hope you guys can make it to Abq sometime.
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
Hey guys,
If you do get around to playing a game in SF, PM me. I might try and come. Surfer, since your a minor, make sure it would be cool with your folks prior to setting anything up. Texmex and I are probably twice your age (but I sure don't feel it sometimes). I sure hope you guys can make it to Abq sometime.
Actually, I'm thinking of doing a demo (you've probably already seen my thread), and would really like to get some help doing it 'cause I don't have enough to do an effective demo, so if you could help some weekend, let me know, and maybe we can try to work something out.

Old April 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM

TexMex Woo who?
Quote:
My dad recently became the pastor of a small church, and we happen to live in the fellowship hall in the back of the church currently, so if I can ever host a tounament, we can have it right here.
Sounds like you could be starting the Second Church of Heroscape, since I'm pretty sure Revdyre started the first

The Daily Pugle
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
Re: Santa Fe, NM 'Scapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post

Actually, I'm thinking of doing a demo (you've probably already seen my thread), and would really like to get some help doing it 'cause I don't have enough to do an effective demo, so if you could help some weekend, let me know, and maybe we can try to work something out.
I might be able to help, depending on all the logistics. What did you have in mind? Where is your thread?
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:40 PM

Sorry I haven't responded, I've not been able to get on HSers for a while, so I have no clue where my post is other than in the scapers online section, but 0I just said I was pretty much clueless (sp?) as to what I should do, and that I don't have very much to be able to do a good demo, so I was wondering if someone was willing to help.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM

TexMex Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
I would pick a scenario that the newcomer could take a defensive position on high ground ((say to hold a bridge ) and all they would have to do is hold it for just 5 or 6 rounds. You would give them a like 250-300 points to your 150 - 200 point army. This way you can go all out and they still have an advantage to make their objective ( thus have more fun ).

Keep it to just a few figures ( so they don’t have to learn too much ).

Just remember to keep it simple and fun – and everyone that plays will all get hooked one by one.

Also I wanted to point out - I don’t you need more set as others are suggesting above. Unless you have lots more help.. if it is just you and maybe 2 or 3 other helpers I think you have plenty of terrian.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
This was probably the most relevant thing said in your Demo post, Silver Surfer. And I agree with Codeman. You have a Marvel set and a ROTV set, correct? I'm thinking you could easily build a map with each that follows Codeman's advice--the new player defends, the experienced player attacks. That also takes the burden off of them to learn every characters' abilities at once since they can defend at a much slower pace than you have to attack. On top of that, I can think of a couple official scenarious you can build with those sets that would fit the "Capture the Flag" scenario. For the ROTV set, Migol's Tomb is perfect, and it can even support 4 players (plus, it's my favorite official map ever ). The Marvel book has one that backs the destructible wall into a corner, making it a "fortress" of sorts. Granted, that would only work for two players.

Depending on when you're thinking of putting this together (sometime over the summer, perhaps), I could come and play (probably Mrs. TexMex too ). And if we could work around pinche-guey, there would be four of us. Then, even if no one shows to check out Heroscape, we could play a few decent 4 player games And really, what other purpose is there for demoing

The Daily Pugle
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:02 PM

Actually, my summer is really busy this year, so I doubt I would be able to find a good time to do it during the summer, but (and this is not finalized) I should be able to do it this saturday, but I first need to find out some other info, but if that would be possible for anyone, let me know. I realize this is VERY late notice, but it probably really would be the best time for me to do a demo.

Old April 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM

TexMex Woo who?

It's not so much late notice as it is that I simply can't come to Santa Fe before the summer begins Sorry--not only are gas prices exuberant as well as being poor, I just have too much work to do before the summer starts. If you manage to put something together, though, let me know how it goes! Good luck

The Daily Pugle
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM

Well, for me, once summer starts, I probably won't be able to do anything because, as I said before, my summer is really busy, but it's pretty likely that I can do a demo May 3rd, if anyone else is interested in helping out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers