Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
At mine, it is next to the floral section.

Thanks again Tornado. That stuff looks sweet. It also looks expensive

I'll definitely be checking it out. Why, oh why, does Hobby Lobby have to be closed on Sunday and holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Finished up some more figures for Frostgrave. I went with a brighter pallette for the 2 soldiers. One is an Apothecary that I kit bashed. He has a healing potion in his hand next to his chest. It's not the best, but I had carved it out of a piece of sprue. It works for me. The other guy is an Infantryman with a big fancy sword The highlights don't show up so well because of being washed out by the light, but they are there.
The other figure is my second Ghoul to be done. Had him built anyway, and I like the cleaver.
Finally, my 7th homemade treasure token. Took a piece of zombie remains from the Undead kit I had, and added a sack and backpack from the soldiers kit.
Awesome stuff Hahma. I love seeing your stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I have a dozen other things in the works also. Do yourselves a favor and check out DM Craft on youtube by dm scotty. Hes got hundreds of awesome cheap tutorials.
I'm just now trying to get back into painting myself. I was never very good at it, and it doesnt help your skills any when you take a long break, like I did.

I also have been watching DM Craft and a few others, as I now also want to get into making terrain. If only I had the bloody skills to do it right.

I'm going to start collecting and making terrain again for games like Malifaux and Frostgrave even if I can't play right now. And I fully plan on buying into Malifaux, if only for the minis that I love. And as you guys pointed out, I can try Frostgrave solo if necessary.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Using fota sets with capped and uncapped pillars would be an easy option for scapers that want easy terrain. For my game board i will be using a piece of half inch foam board with a stone grid cut into it. I plan on making a grid to represent the frozen city but also could use it for games that use a grid system. Some of the stone grid will be cracked and chipped. Ill be able to place all my ruins and scatter terrain right down on top of it. It will be 3ft by 3ft. A whole 4 by 8 sheet of that stuff is 15 bucks at lowes. The rest will be used for walls buildings and even some neat crystals and obelisks. The bottom side will probably be painted either space themed for xwing or sci fi looking for star wars minis games.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, they are a little pricey but really cool and worth it.

I got lucky, they used to be in the Spring Shop section which will go sale. I got all of mine at 50% off or better. If I ever see them on sale I will let you know.

I have not had much luck finding them on the open market.
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Also. For stores like hobby lobby and micheals I always find a 40% off one item on my phone off of retailmenot app. It helps out.

Old May 28th, 2017, 02:59 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Using fota sets with capped and uncapped pillars would be an easy option for scapers that want easy terrain. For my game board i will be using a piece of half inch foam board with a stone grid cut into it. I plan on making a grid to represent the frozen city but also could use it for games that use a grid system. Some of the stone grid will be cracked and chipped. Ill be able to place all my ruins and scatter terrain right down on top of it. It will be 3ft by 3ft. A whole 4 by 8 sheet of that stuff is 15 bucks at lowes. The rest will be used for walls buildings and even some neat crystals and obelisks. The bottom side will probably be painted either space themed for xwing or sci fi looking for star wars minis games.
That is exactly what I got planned TREX, based off of some pictures I saw. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a 3x3 or a 4x4. And I don't know whether or not to do it in modular sections, or all one piece.

Also, I already have my 40% off coupon printed out

Quote:

I got lucky, they used to be in the Spring Shop section which will go sale. I got all of mine at 50% off or better. If I ever see them on sale I will let you know.

Thank you. That would be much appreciated!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 28th, 2017, 03:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
That is exactly what I got planned TREX, based off of some pictures I saw. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a 3x3 or a 4x4. And I don't know whether or not to do it in modular sections, or all one piece.

Also, I already have my 40% off coupon printed out

Quote:

Thank you. That would be much appreciated!
If you have a smartphone you can let them just scan it off your phone. That way there is no printing. Im going modular with my set up to be able to change things up and for storage reasons. The board will beall but flat to put whatever wherever then be slid away. Something 3x3 or bigger that has buildings on it would be a pain to store for me.

Old May 28th, 2017, 03:18 PM
"like" happy

Ill be using 1 sheet 3x3 so i dont have to worry about the base sliding all over. I misunderstood what you said for a second.

Old May 28th, 2017, 05:57 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Everything here looks absolutely gorgeous and it really makes me wish I had the money for all that... or the storage space...
Old May 28th, 2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Ill be using 1 sheet 3x3 so i dont have to worry about the base sliding all over. I misunderstood what you said for a second.
Yeah, I was wondering how I would keep four 1' sections from moving around. I thought that it would be easier building in 1' sections, as well as storing them, but there is certainly something to be said for one single piece.

I haven't decided yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Everything here looks absolutely gorgeous and it really makes me wish I had the money for all that... or the storage space...
I don't really have the money either. But the nice thing about Frostgrave is that you can pretty much use any miniatures that you want, including Heroscape. And if you have AotP, the Planeswalkers would make excelant Wizards and apprentices, I would think. Cost is also why I am going to try to make most of my own terrain.

Still, it does cost some money, so it will be a bit before I can give it a go. Unless of course you don't mind using Legos and other household items for terrain. If you don't mind that, then all you really need is the rulebook and a printer, I think.

Old May 28th, 2017, 07:19 PM
"like" happy

I am only out money for the manuals for frostrave. About 54 bucks. But I have terrain materials and terrain for days. Im actually bringing a massive collection of hex sci fi terrain up to our tourney to give away to make room for this new stuff. also have so many miniatures itd be stupid for me not to try this out. I might even try out dnd too.

Old May 28th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

You only need the base rulebook for less than $20, plus minis from wherever, even Heroscape. Terrain can be anything and can be homemade. I've been working on my stuff for months and have sold some things and also buying a little at a time. Plus, I'll be 50 on June 18th, so I'm doing okay job wise, though kids eat up some money and my 25 year old is getting married in September, so it's a balancing act for sure.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 28th, 2017, 08:57 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
You only need the base rulebook for less than $20, plus minis from wherever, even Heroscape. Terrain can be anything and can be homemade. I've been working on my stuff for months and have sold some things and also buying a little at a time. Plus, I'll be 50 on June 18th, so I'm doing okay job wise, though kids eat up some money and my 25 year old is getting married in September, so it's a balancing act for sure.
Yeah I forgot to mention I only paid 16 bucks for the starting manual. 54 bucks got me 5 different campaign and add on manuals.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures