Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 17th, 2014, 05:04 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Doesn't Magic let you put multiple instances of the same card into play?
The only limits I could think of are:

-Legendary permanents with the same name,
-Planeswalker permanents sharing a subtype and
-Enchantments with the World supertype.

~NS, doing some research
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Doesn't Magic let you put multiple instances of the same card into play?
The only limits I could think of are:

-Legendary permanents with the same name,
-Planeswalker permanents sharing a subtype and
-Enchantments with the World supertype.

~NS, doing some research
Things we call Unique Heroes and Glyphs. And Event Heroes a la C3G if you play superscape

Easy as pie, just a little renaming.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:24 PM

Puffy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Yeah, guess you're right that there wasn't much hope for Heroscape ever coming back as a product line. I took a look at some more of the images they have, and I actually will probably pick this up, depending on price. The figures don't look cheaply made, and could provide some cool new armies with original 'scape. Obviously, rules would have to be edited slightly, but it'd still be fun to mess around with. I'm a little more optimistic after looking into it a bit more.

I think if they make the game intricate enough, that it could have the possibility to take off with some MTG players.

|Insert witty remark Here|
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

It all just seems to easily adaptable. From the looks of things, you could easily take that Liliana and write her up for Classic.

Spoiler Alert!

It's not 1:1 but it's a general adaptation of that card alone. The squads seem more difficult, since they seem to be able to take multiple points of damage and there's that pesky summoning bit.
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
I know speculation is fun, but I wouldn't spend too much time trying to guess. As a longtime Magic and Heroscape player... there are many different ways to handle these situations, and as stated... it isn't Magic, and it isn't Heroscape... so although things will be themed (Deathtouch, Unsummon) with Magic cards... exact mechanics aren't going to be direct ports from either game.
But, but.... speculation is fun!
I don't think he was around for the teaser pictures from conventions back in the day.
Blurry shelf picture!!!!!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you guys all love Heroscape so much that you're fine to pay for game which will have very few adaptable things to Heroscape and are SO EXCITED (and therefore agreeing with what WotC did) why can't I see your love of Heroscape in the others sections of this site?

Old October 17th, 2014, 05:44 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
It all just seems to easily adaptable. From the looks of things, you could easily take that Liliana and write her up for Classic.

Spoiler Alert!

It's not 1:1 but it's a general adaptation of that card alone. The squads seem more difficult, since they seem to be able to take multiple points of damage and there's that pesky summoning bit.
I posted this one of the threads talking about this early, but I came up with this years ago...

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:31 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
If you guys all love Heroscape so much that you're fine to pay for game which will have very few adaptable things to Heroscape and are SO EXCITED (and therefore agreeing with what WotC did) why can't I see your love of Heroscape in the others sections of this site?
Come, Foudzing, join us and be merry! The dice, the board, the figures, and the terrain (excluding ruins) are very compatible with 'scape. 'Tis reason to rejoice!
Being for one thing does not mean we are also for something else.
Old October 17th, 2014, 07:14 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Lets hope that the tiles are the same scale as the original HS tiles and not smaller like the Marvel Legends bases that came out a few years ago.

I noticed that they have gone back to the original HS figure bases, not the DnD bases, which irritates me.
Old October 17th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Quote:
Come, Foudzing, join us and be merry! The dice, the board, the figures, and the terrain (excluding ruins) are very compatible with 'scape. 'Tis reason to rejoice!
Being for one thing does not mean we are also for something else.
Figures: Are you talking about the huuuuuuuge number of 5 painted figures or about the 30 other awful ones?

Terrain: Are you talking about the terrain mat that everyone can do at home for 5 bucks with the same quality or about the poor alone sand (not even looks like sand) three-hex triangle?

I guess it's a beta so I shouldn't judge too fast. But from what I can see from here the quality of this game is just trash.
And you're all excited because it's copied from Heroscape.

I'll propose to WotC to release a 40$ single Heroscape figure. I'm sure you'll all buy it.

Old October 17th, 2014, 08:04 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're getting at. There aren't any loyalty oaths or post requirements here. If someone wants to come to this thread and talk about this, that's great. Their activity on other parts of the board is largely irrelevant. There's certainly no reason to play the "no true heroscaper" game if someone seems more excited than you are about the possibilities.

(Actually, it seems most of the the posts are pretty cautious in their optimism or pessimism.)

Last edited by fomox; October 17th, 2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: I do miss clancampbell, though...
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I see no downside of this for Heroscape, unless you're arguing that this derivative is what is stopping a "traditional" Heroscape product from seeing a new release. And that sounds like a low probability proposition.

The amount of stuff in the box at the old Heroscape prices spoiled us. Just because you couldn't find anything comparable then or now just goes to demonstrate that point.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion