Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old June 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Holocron of Tractor Beam Sabotage

The Holocron of Tractor Beam Sabotage Map

HoSS Master Set - A New Hope

A HoSS Scenario Map

Original design by Yodaking

Required sets: 1 RotV Master Set, 1 BftU Master Set, 1 Marvel Master Set & 1 Castle Set

Map Bio - The Death Stars’ Tractor Beam is a powerful tool, effective at locking onto and holding individual ships in its vicinity. When repairs need to be made, Imperial Engineers can gain access to key systems at the Tractor Beam Control Room.

-Special rules and Clarifications-
• For this board, the water tiles represent open air spaces instead of water and as such figures may not end their turn on one or be placed on one as part of a special power. Only figures with a leaping special movement power may use them for the purpose of movement and must use that special power to do so. Line of sight for ranged attacks and special powers may pass over them normally.

• The uncapped wall sections may not be moved over or onto by any means.

• For this map only, dungeon tiles are considered to be the same as concrete tiles for all rules and special powers that may utilize such a feature.

• When the Imperial Officer calls in reinforcements, he may have those reinforcements flank and attempt to trap the Rebels by placing them in Player 1's Start Zone instead of his own Start Zone.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: Yodaking
• Second playtest: Yodaking
• Third playtest: Yodaking
• Fourth playtest: Fi Skirata
• Fifth playtest: Fi Skirata
• Map created by: Yodaking

Last edited by Porkins; February 22nd, 2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Holocron of Tractor Beam Sabotage

Why can't you force push a stormtrooper over the side? That would be neat and thematic, right?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

It would be thematic, but it would make Jedi/Sith way too powerful on this map. They would be able to force push any figure into an auto-kill without even needing to roll. That would include pushing other Jedi/Sith. It wouldn' be fun to have a Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan force push Vader into an auto-kill without even rolling a die.

We specifically allowed force users to have the ability to force push other force users so that the battles often moved all over the battlefield. This feels very thematic when playing out in a game. But, unfortunately, it makes them very powerful when it comes to auto-destroy terrain. It's why we have in the Force Push rules that you can't push a figure onto a lava space.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If you can push a Trooper, you can push a Hero. Unless we just made it to only pushing Squad figures...

~HS2010, who wants to add an optional rule to Force Push - rolling an attack die against the Pushed figure.

Last edited by Sheep; July 2nd, 2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: You could do that for House rules, I guess. :D
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
It would be thematic, but it would make Jedi/Sith way too powerful on this map. They would be able to force push any figure into an auto-kill without even needing to roll. That would include pushing other Jedi/Sith. It wouldn' be fun to have a Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan force push Vader into an auto-kill without even rolling a die.

We specifically allowed force users to have the ability to force push other force users so that the battles often moved all over the battlefield. This feels very thematic when playing out in a game. But, unfortunately, it makes them very powerful when it comes to auto-destroy terrain. It's why we have in the Force Push rules that you can't push a figure onto a lava space.
You can't push a figure with Force Push or Force Leap onto a lava space. Old man Obi-Wan can't be pushed into the lava by Vader, but whinny Luke can !
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:38 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I just set this one up and played the scenario. The first time the rebels won a complete victory with plenty of wounds but no casualties. Chewie got a lucky 5 skull attack that did Darth in. That really tipped the battle.

The second time I found out its pretty easy to get to the glyphs, but its hard to get back to the starting zone if the Imperials deploy correctly. A few Rebels escaped, but there were heavy losses. Both battles lasted around 6 rounds.

Old August 17th, 2013, 10:08 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tried this one out today - felt very much like a Star Wars episode battle! (though after the fact realized that I had missed the battlements placement on the map - oh well, still played well!).
The Death Star Troopers took control of the two main glyphs early. Han went for the outer one, with Chewbacca in tow, while R2D2 and C3P0 went for the interior one. Obi-Wan and Luke headed for the platform while Darth Vader went to stop them.
Chewbacca killed the trooper on the glyph while Han swept around towards the interior. However, the Imperial Officer called in troops behind them into the blue start zone bottling up their retreat.
Meanwhile, Darth Vader reached the glyph, fought Obi-Wan, then Obi-Wan force pushed Vader off before moving and taking that glyph.
However, Darth Vader subsequently killed Obi-Wan with spirit going to the nearby Luke. Luke had to use Daring Escape and shadow tiles to get away from Vader and troopers.
Death Star Troopers finally took down Chewbacca while Vader moved to engage Han, after pushing Luke back towards other troopers.
Vader force choked Han, then landed 3 more wounds, but Han used his Don't Tell Me the Odds to take down 3 troopers including 2 key ones in the Blue start zone. Though Vader then killed Han and C3P0, Luke got back to the start zone unengaged in the 9th round. At the start of the 10th round, R2D2 took a leaving engagement from a trooper to get unengaged and into the start zone to give the rebels victory!
(Need a rebel alliance victory smiley here!)
At the end:
Luke (2 life), R2D2 (2 life)
Darth Vader (6 life), Imperial Officer (3 life-never moved), and 4 surviving Death Star Troopers
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'm loving these battle reports, it sounds like so much fun! I picture the movie scenes so clearly while reading about the game.
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:17 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I never thought to hold down the glyphs with Imperials. I'll have to give that a shot. Vader is a tank, I bet he can hold one really well.
Old August 18th, 2013, 09:59 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I never thought to hold down the glyphs with Imperials. I'll have to give that a shot.
It definitely slows down the Rebels, particularly the center one as it is raised. I tried to have R2 take that one, but the droid was not able to shock the Trooper off it. Eventually had to have Han and Chewie come around and once Han killed the Trooper, used Chewie's Life Debt movement to take that last glyph.

Quote:
I picture the movie scenes so clearly while reading about the game.
Even while playing the games, I'm finding it quite easy to picture that way. Really a lot of good work by the whole team involved to put together the scenarios, maps, and units!
Old February 6th, 2018, 11:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

OP pic gone. @Porkins

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:37 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@TREX - thanks for flagging these. I think I have fixed them all now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape