Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
This is an interesting idea. I don't know about making it impassible to small/medium. I think the idea of a 1 movement penalty is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
You should just make blood splats.
I like that idea. Maybe make a bunch of splats and print them onto a transparency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
This makes even more sense for creatures stoned by Sudema. One time I used unpainted lead minis to represent the statues, though it would be pretty easy to spray paint a set of master set figs stone colored.
For a guy with a hot dog for a brain you are really smart. That makes a lot of sense. I would tend to think that the hexes are not to scale, so to speak. The idea of a sniper like DED only having a range that is roughly equivalent to 5 horse lengths doesn't make sense. With that in mind maybe extend that 1 movement penalty to attack and defense as well with Sudema's lawn ornaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368
Neat idea. I think I may try using my lava tiles as bloody body markers (be nice to get them out once in a while). Every time someone is killed, they get replaced with a blood tile (aka lava tile). Let the bodies pile and give height and/or create an obstacle. Might make a castle siege go a little different.
Wow, a viable use for lava tiles other than just making a map look cool. Good call!
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
or you could have different factions leave behind different effects.

Like Utgar figures leave a lava tile

Jandar leaves ice

Ullar leaves a tree

Vydar leaves a Water Tile

and einar leaves Castle pillar?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
This is an awesome idea which I have never considered, I like the sound of a complete graveyard terrain and figure set, the reviver and retrievers. I think it would add a very cool aspect to the game, as for keeping track of the bodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368
Neat idea. I think I may try using my lava tiles as bloody body markers (be nice to get them out once in a while). Every time someone is killed, they get replaced with a blood tile (aka lava tile). Let the bodies pile and give height and/or create an obstacle. Might make a castle siege go a little different.
I like his idea of stacking bodies (or markers), and possibly creating a wall for protection, sounds kinda gross but I know this has been done in war. Obviously the hardest part is going to be keeping track of the figures. Using a set of markers could get too cluttered, too many markers needed in my opinion. Maybe instead of being able to revive any of your figures, you should just be able to revive certain figures that you mark "important" at the begining of the game. Like, say you have 1 marker per each two hundred points in your army, and up to a total of 5 markers. The markers are color coordinated to keep track of who's who. When one of these figures is destroyed you have the option of reviving him/her, but not your entire army.

I went with 1 per 200 thinking about my armies. Alot of figures are around 100 points, so 1 per hundred would still be like resurrecting your entire army, and 1 per 300+ I don't think would be enough.

Just adding my

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
and einar leaves Castle pillar?
My vote goes for road tiles. Instead of the Romans building roads across Valhalla, build roads across Valhalla with Romans.
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:40 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I tried it one time and it was nearly impossible to get across the map. In the end I walled in my oponents figures and killed them all.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
The Skull Markers from the game HeroQuest make great corpse markers. We used them for a number of games involving a custom Zombie scenario.
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Nevermind - Reading the thread title, I thought this was about something else...
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM

luminarygothica is surprisingly tart
Re: Playing with Dead bodies

Hey, I play with dead bodies. lol. The rules I use is, the spaces that the fallen warriors are on, are impassable unless the warriors sacrifice their movement to move the body to another adjacent hex. It also affects line of sight using the figure as the body and not a proxy marker. In a morbid way, it looks cool to see the dead warriors pile up on the battlefield, creating differant and difficult stratigems to your advantages and your enemies disadvantages. As of right now, I am playing a type of "wave-after-wave" assault using all the common squads I own, by constantly resending them out to battle Sonlen and now my fallen Syvarris. Using a points system of PLUS and MINUS Pts, based on how you ATK/DEF and get glyphs, plus others, to unluck super items (character-specific) to use as a trump against the invading horde. The items themselves gives the warrior great advantages but it also has even greater disadvantages. So, its that Yin-Yang affect in how and when to use these items. Getting little off topic, when I ramble on, but I probably wont go back to just taking the fallen warriors off the battlefield, even the large and huge warriors...lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion