Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 20th, 2015, 10:59 AM

guggey Woo who?
Custom Card Generator

Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker and first time poster.

For years I've wanted to create my own custom cards but found the task burdensome. I would always eventually give up not wanting to spend the time to mess with layers in gimp or <Insert Image Editor>. My oldest son has reached an age where he can finally understand the special abilities and wanted to create his own cards.

I took a deep breath and tried again. Frustrated and a developer by trade I decided to spend a few hours and develop my own EASY to use software that did not require the need to balance layer after layer.

So without further ado. I present the Beta Release of my Heroscape Custom Card Generator.

Git Project
https://github.com/guggey/HeroscapeCustomCard

Direct Download
https://github.com/guggey/HeroscapeC...ive/master.zip

Program Snap Shot:

SPECIAL FEATURES
Save/Load Built Cards
Save Cards to pdf format (with generic backside) and png image
PDF is print ready!! (Print Duplex for card back)
Point Calculator

SPECIAL NOTES
Images are not cleaned automatically. Users will need to remove unwanted backgrounds from their images (recommend using magic wand tool in <Insert Image Editor>. However, Images will be autosized to fit (stretching may occur on wide images).

I have included two example cards in the savedcards folder.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or bug fixes

DISCLAIMER
This software is intended for educational purposes only. All images/trademarks are the respective property of their owners. Use at your own risk.

REQUIREMENTS
Windows
.Net Framework 4.5

Last edited by guggey; May 27th, 2015 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Moved Project To git updated links
Old May 20th, 2015, 11:07 AM

guggey Woo who?
Re: Custom Card Generator

duplicate

Last edited by guggey; May 20th, 2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Very neat concept @guggy, I make my cards in Photoshop. This looks like a very convenient way to make cards. Do you have all the traditional generals loaded into its database? We are all glad you decided to come out from the shadows and post, welcome to the site.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 21st, 2015, 02:58 PM

guggey Woo who?

Thanks. I have all but valkrill. The standard images are built from Mooseman's High Res Templates.
In the current version you can add your own custom general backgrounds by editing data.hs and adding the appropriate images to the images folder. There is not currently a way to add them through the app.

Last edited by guggey; May 27th, 2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added Appropriate Credit
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:22 PM

guggey Woo who?

Here is my Obsidian Guards redo snapshot:
Old June 24th, 2015, 09:30 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart

I will have to try this out. Looks like a fun and easy way to make awesome looking cards. They do print in the correct size though, right? Anyway looks like a great tool.

Plus Rep for you.
~Syvarris45~
Old June 24th, 2015, 10:16 PM

guggey Woo who?

They print the correct size but it is full bleed meaning that they will be slightly larger to prevent the card stock from showing.

v0.1.0.1 has not been published yet so the fixed issues/new features listed on git hub are not available. I just started a new job this Monday so I'm waiting for things to settle down before I can spare time to finish the additional features I had planned to include in v0.1.0.1

v0.1.0.1 was planned to contain an auto clip feature (auto magic wand) but I have not nailed the algo down to an acceptable standard yet.

Let me know what you think.
Old June 28th, 2015, 09:59 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart

Workin' good so far, but I cant figure out how to print. I go to save, and when I click the little arrow that shows all the formats, all that comes up is ".hscard" How to fix?

Thanks!
~Syvarris45~
Old June 28th, 2015, 11:02 PM

guggey Woo who?

Click the Save Image Button at the bottom right of the form. It will save a pdf and a png to the install directory. Standard install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\YOUUSERNAME\HeroScape Custom Card.

In the unreleased (v0.1.0.1) a save file dialog has been added.

Let me know if you have any other problems.
Old July 4th, 2023, 07:38 AM

Vecna is surprisingly tart

Has this been updated at all to have Valkrill, Revna, Volarak, and Thormun? I may have to Buckle Down and learn photoshop or something to make Army Cards but I am trying to find the simple option. I know Revna,Volarak, and Thormun never had a real commercial release but we know their symbols and colors.
Old July 4th, 2023, 11:33 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna View Post
Has this been updated at all to have Valkrill, Revna, Volarak, and Thormun? I may have to Buckle Down and learn photoshop or something to make Army Cards but I am trying to find the simple option. I know Revna,Volarak, and Thormun never had a real commercial release but we know their symbols and colors.
I have heard good things about the Magic Set Editor for card creation, but have not tried it myself (although I plan to soon).

As for Revna and Volarak templates, @Anitar made some on this thread (check the first spoiler) that are compatible with Magic Set Editor. I do not really know anything about a Thormun template.
Old July 4th, 2023, 03:11 PM

Vecna is surprisingly tart

I followed that link but when I click the Spoiler Tag it just says Revna and/or Volarak in bold. I will reach out to Anitar is I get the same result on PC. Thanks gor the direction!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software