Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 17th, 2020, 12:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Godzilla - VOTE for public testing

Yea
Old June 17th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And that passes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 17th, 2020, 07:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yea, haven't had a chance to work on a playtesting base, just note that the tail is 4 hexes long.

An idea on this: is there a way to "officially" position him so that the tail is more in-between the hexes? Like his left foot forward a bit, right foot back a bit, frame slightly twisted. It'd be partial denial instead of full denial for spaces, which is sort of a cold comfort, but...
Old June 17th, 2020, 07:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Godzilla - Public Playtesting

I mean by the rules of the game you can adjust the base a little bit on the hexes to affect which spaces he is blocking at any given time, but not too much and there will always be at least 1 full space he is blocking where his tail starts.

Just something I think testers should be aware of with this design in particular because we encourage proxying so much and think this is an important part of the design in this case.
Old June 17th, 2020, 08:51 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nevermind. I was wrong.

Quote:
Old July 4th, 2020, 02:57 PM

There was a little confusion about Godzilla in the Skyscraper thread. What I want is for Godzilla to be able to remove obstacles, not terrain, so castle walls or the Marvel ruin would not be removed.

Quote:
Old July 4th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Unless playing with the destructible version of the Marvel ruin, of course.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 4th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Because it would then be a destructible object, not terrain.

Quote:
Old July 4th, 2020, 05:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 4th, 2020, 11:59 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: GODZILLA
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Godzilla vs JLA Trinity (Superman (III), Wonder Woman (III), Batman (III))(1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Godzilla vs SHIELD Drop Team (Hawkeye (I), Mockingbird, Black Widow, Nick Fury, SHIELD Agents (x3)) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 5th, 2020, 02:59 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've started feeling confident enough to start earning points in order to workshop some designs, and I noticed this figure needs playtesting.
I was a little apprehensive about reading the card because the character is so important to me, and I've pondered Kaiju-Scape quite a bit already.

I'm worried I'm going to come across as a snob, but the last thing I want to do is make myself out to be more important than I am, or to try to claim to be an expert or King of the Nerds or anything.
I'm just a huge Godzilla fan. I've seen every Godzilla movie, many if not most Toho-Kaiju movies, plenty of Gamera, Ultraman, etc. Been to G-fest, am friends with licensed Godzilla sculptors and published authors, and am lucky enough to have had dinner with people who have worked on Godzilla films and currently work in Kaiju film/tv.
So, I know who the experts are, and I'm no where near their level.

I read through this whole thread, and as a super-fan, the comments of Splash and johnny139 are the ones that have resonated with me the most.

I was really puzzled why there was such a strong inclination to use a species other than Kaiju. I was surprised Dinosaur and Mutate were suggested but not Monster, which is an unused species.

The only reason I would think not to use Kaiju as a Species is because it could also work as a Size that has its own built in rulings that prevent past cards from needing a re-write (would need a mini bigger than all previous figures though), or as a Class, with Species being particular to each Kaiju.
Examples, synergy with Alien Kaiju between Ghidrah & Gigan, or Xaliens who have synergy with Alien Kaiju, Mothra's fairy twins would have synergy with her as a Goddess Kaiju, Godzilla as a Monster Kaiju having synergy with his fellow Monster Kaiju Anguirus, etc. Now that I'm thinking about it, this might be the way to go.

The Class of Protector really doesn't work for me, if the general idea is to make this 1954 themed. And there are several over-the-top ways I can be annoying about details.

For example, Godzilla 1954 never fought another monster. He was killed at the end of the movie. "King of the Monsters" was the American-created subtitle for the film referencing how much larger and more destructive Godzilla was in comparison to all previous film monsters. The 1955 Godzilla was the first to fight another monster. It's also speculated that because '55 Godzilla survives and goes on to have a baby, that the '54 version was male, and the second through the rest of the Showa series is female.
So if Beneath His Gaze were ever used for a non-54 Showa-era Godzilla, it would be Beneath Her Gaze. Or just go Its. Doesn't matter right now, since that's not currently part of the design.

Anyway, Godzilla in '54 was basically a living atomic bomb, a walking horror. As the series progressed and became geared toward younger audiences, he became more heroic. So a Showa-Era Protector Godzilla would probably need some wrestling/judo throws or some abilities that represent the series' camp. Other "Protector" type Godzillas might be the Netflix Anime's Godzilla Earth, or maybe the Legendary series'.

I actually have gotten this far without saying, I totally trust you all as game designers, and I find the powers to be really fun and appropriate. A solid representation of Godzilla the destroyer.

But of course, the height is the standout issue. He's never going to feel like Godzilla with that figure, at least to me.

I had a similar apprehension to reading Kong's card, but he's feasible at that size, since only Toho and Legendary Kongs are really Godzilla sized. Other monsters that might fit in Kong's range are the Gargantuas, or Toho's Frankenstein, Baragon and Daimajin, who are all really awesome characters that would suffer if we forced Godzilla to be at that size, although I understand Godzilla is a much more appealing character to include first.

30cm is kind of the Kaiju Model Kit go-to scale, so as long as painting isn't an issue, there are options out there. I wonder if my sculptor friend has kits to sell. Idk what his price would be, I don't think it'd be too crazy, but would absolutely worth it. I'm hesitant to advertise his name or work without his permission, so I will hold off. I'll reach out to him to find out. Might be mutually beneficial to him and C3G. PM me if any of you are curious, you'll be blown away by his work, and at around 30cm, twiceish the size of the current figure, and I believe bigger than Heroclix Master Mold and Mole Monster, he'd feel more right.

Since I mentioned I was considering playtesting, I sought out Godzilla Models for Tabletop Simulator, and their are a plethora.

The earliest version of Godzilla is the '64 version, which scaled down to the smallest possible size is around the size of the proposed figure, but I believe a bit bigger.

However, TTS allows it to scale up quite a bit. Check out the big guy in back here:

I have what I know will be an unpopular idea: TTS-Exclusive designs, where a figure would be unfeasible in real life, so is restricted to TTS. Probably the most cost effective way to do it.

Or, have a separate Kaiju-Scape project, where skyscrapers can fit on single tiles, and Kaiju are regular miniature-sized, using Godzilla Heroclix, Gashapon, capsule figs or whatever other G-Minis are out there. I'm having trouble locating affordable Kaiju-minis though.

Sorry for this doozy of a post. Hope I've been a help rather than a poo-pooer. I'd rather units feel completely right, rather than have something with the right powers, but on the wrong figure. I think developing how to make a really giant Godzilla work is more appealing and worth the effort.
Old July 5th, 2020, 06:18 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a new idea that will fix everything, I hope.

What if Godzilla were an Event Hero that used 2 figures to represent 1 figure?

Instead of requiring a complete figure of Godzilla, we decide on and craft a left and right foot of Godzilla that is available to all interested, at a reasonable price.

Each foot takes 2 hex bases, but its toes and nails take up additional space, which must be considered with its movement and Wake of Destruction power.
These two feet must be within x distance of each other to perform x move. Must move in a certain way. All figures on the battlefield have clear sight of Godzilla.

We can go so far as to declare that no figure has height advantage on Godzilla unless they used Flying to move.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library