Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 2nd, 2019, 05:52 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (10-14-19)]

Hey there, I decided to make a single thread for all my customs I will be working on. Feedback (critiques, comments, etc) is more than welcome.

About Me:
Spoiler Alert!

Guess I'll start with the ones that roped me in when I saw their miniatures on Shapeways; Starcraft. I'm sort of blending their games and lore together to get a mix of everything about them (this includes not only the base games, but other representations of them, such as Heroes of the Storm) as well as making the mechanics feel at home in a normal 'scape game.

Starcraft
Spoiler Alert!

Miscellaneous Stuff

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lumovanis; October 14th, 2019 at 03:52 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2019, 06:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Lumovanis' Customs

Very cool.
Welcome.
Do you have a link to the Shapeways figures?
Old July 2nd, 2019, 07:42 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Hello, thanks. I sure do; MicroRealms

EDIT: Winup Scale Models has a lot of stuff too, a bit of overlap, but a handful of different things.

Last edited by Lumovanis; July 7th, 2019 at 02:01 AM.
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:20 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

I didn't get to test as much as I wanted over this week due to the holiday, but early tests conclude that the defense is lacking for the CMC armored pieces. I will be testing them all at a +1 defense value (to go with the CMC boost of course).

EDIT: Also added pics of models to listings.

Last edited by Lumovanis; July 7th, 2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:45 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey hey! Just wanted to pop in to say that 2 auto shields is generally a bad idea because it effectively prevents anything from being able to damage a figure, even with a base defense of zero. Having to roll a minimum of 3 skulls is not easy for anything with >5 attack. For your Marauder, it’s safer (and more balanced) to just give them 1 additional shield (like CMC Armor does) and just give them a higher base defense.

Also, plenty of official common heroes went over 25. Granted, the most expensive common hero was 35, it was never a hard rule.

Edit: I’m looking forward to looking these over later and see what else I can comment on.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 7th, 2019, 02:09 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Yeah, I have been pondering the Marauder situation. I will test it at 1 auto shield and +1 defense, but perhaps give it a reroll on a single blank die. I want it to feel sturdier than the CMC armor for sure, but 2 auto shields is definitely feeling too strong.
Old July 8th, 2019, 02:08 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Content update;

Adding Nova to the Terran roster. Still working on testing the others, but I wanted to get her up as well.

Nova Terra
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 13th, 2019, 10:45 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (7-8-19)]

Neat customs you made on this thread.
Old July 13th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool! I think Tac Nike wouldn't really have to be an SA technically, since no attack/defense dice are rolled.
Old July 15th, 2019, 02:25 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

@Heroscaper 101 : Thank you
@MrNobody : I suppose, but then I would have to add that it replaces an attack and that seems equally (if not more so) clunky.

I didn't get much testing done this week due to being fairly busy over the weekend. From the few games I was able to mess with, I feel that Tychus and Raynor could use the +1 health, but the squads are fine at their current setup (though I may reduce the Raiders by 10 points).
Old July 15th, 2019, 03:01 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (7-15-19)

Hey welcome to the site. I had got started on a starcraft project awhile back using the same 3d prints for the terran marines, raynor, tychus, and I also have protoss zealots, artanis, and I did up some sweet siege tanks though they dont really fit on a 2 hex. I made some starcraft card blanks you are welcome to use. They dont work with the x2 card creator though as I made them in photoshop. Look forward to what you come up with. Templates for the cards are in my signature under my customs cards thread.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 15th, 2019, 05:47 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (7-15-19)

Thanks. Yeah, I've been looking at vehicles and I think they are just going to be too big. I was statting up an Immortal and realized that the scale was going to make it nearly as big as those 7-hex octagon tiles and twice the height of the marines. I'll probably skip doing that kind of stuff. Vultures and Hellions might be okay on a double base. Thanks for the offer, but I'll probably stick with X-2 and import those into GIMP to add the hitbox and artwork stuff. My intention is to keep them as compatible with the base game as possible (hence maintaining existing factions). I will be doing one faction at a time for now. I have some Protoss and Zerg done up already, but I'm waiting to catch up on existing play-testing before I overwhelm this post.

That being said, I will go ahead and post the second to last Terran unit I plan on adding for now;

Rosa Morales
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lumovanis; July 15th, 2019 at 06:38 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards